April 19, 2014 | 1872 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Neutral Set translucent powder

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can honestly say that this is not a miracle product, I had to reapply this after a couple of hours . I have combination skin, my skin is not very oily. I bought it, used a couple of times and stopped using it after reading that it has parabens. I will not re-buy or use this powder. Parabens are not good for our health..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used MAC Prep & Prime translucent powder for years and absolutely loved it, but it got to the stage where I was repurchasing it every other month and it had become quite an expensive habit, so I did some MUA research and thought I would give this a go. I was surprised when I received it in the post because the bottle contains 49g, which is six times the amount you get with MAC Prep & Prime, but the container itself is really small. It just shows how deceptive the packaging is with the MAC one.

I am not a fan of the bottle-style packaging because I like to dispense loose powder into the lid of the pot and dip my brush into that, which isn't really possible because the lid is so small. I have been transferring this into an old Prep & Prime container to get around that (any loose powder container with a sifter would do). I have already filled the MAC container twice but it has hardly made a dent in the Ben Nye bottle, so you do get an awful lot of product for the money (this cost 5.50 plus postage, which came to about 8 in total. The MAC powder is 18.50 for less than a sixth of the amount!).

In terms of the product itself, the finish it gives is lovely and there is no white cast on my skin, even when I am wearing false tan (which takes me up to about an NC20-25). It does set make-up very nicely without making the skin look overly powdery, and it hasn't broken me out at all. I think the main difference between this and the MAC P&P is that the MAC one is slightly more finely milled and does control my oil for slightly longer. With the Ben Nye I have to touch up after about four hours, so it is still good but not quite as good. I also can't use this under my eyes, but I do have very sensitive eyes and I prefer to use other powders for that anyway. I would be more than willing to repurchase given the massive difference in cost. It is far better than most powders I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Chipstah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin or you find that you're skin gets oily around midday, this is definitely the answer. I use it to set my foundation and I find that it stays all day and I don't even have to carry any powders around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sunnykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great price, nice for my fair skin (banana might be better for darker, warmer skin tones).
Does contain talc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. Best powder ever, its like the dupe for mac prep and prime translucent powder, its super cheap and i use this everyday, i love how it doesn't make me look ghostly or pale no matter how much u apply,keeps my face matte except my T zone, but still love it, it is SO SHEER and DOES NOT ADD ANY COVERAGE AT ALL which i love so much because i hate how powders add coverage to your face especially the colored ones like regular face powders, this is so inexpensive and i'm already on my second bottle of this! and i love how the packaging is a shake bottle so you can dispense out as much as you need and the thing about this powder that is great is you can apply a lot and it will never look cakey at all, its basically what it says, translucent powder, i'm already on my second bottle of this and i love it so much! got mine off makeupmania.com !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ohemeffgee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have an extremely, EXTREMELY oily face... like, beyond what most people can imagine, lol. After Kryolan Anti-Shine fell flat for me, I figured I'd give theater make up one more go and sprang for this stuff. Plainly, it sucked on me. My skin consumed it in about an hour or two. As with Kryolan, I found it extremely disappointing. I've gotten better results from regular drugstore powders. The baby powder-like bottle was also messy and inconvenient. I seem to be the only one who didn't like this powder, but I honestly was horrified at seeing my face a few hours after using this. For anyone whose skin also eats through this stuff, try aloe vera gel as a primer, and setting foundation with rice powder + UD All Nighter. This combo has given me the best results so far, after 5ish years of trying every damn mattifier on the market, from Milk of Magnesia to Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Magnificent face powder. I suffer from very oily skin around the T-Zone and this is the only powder I've found to keep it at bay all day long. I love the fact it's both theatrical grade (the special formula controls perspiration making it perfect for high energy performers such as clowns and dancers) and completely colourless. Works far better than MAC 'Studio Fix' Powder ever did and is a good 10 cheaper too! I have the 2oz (49gm) bottle and after 2 months of everyday usage I estimate that I have 98% of powder left, so it's superb value for money. It NEVER cakes on my skin either, I apply it with a damp beauty blender and really buff it into my skin. I imagine it would be perfect for hot, tropical holidays to combat scorching heat and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by plmcdreamy

Best powder ever. And I don't really like powder. It just seems to mess up the work already done, in my opinion. No oxidizing of any kind, no caking, no making the foundation you just so beautifully applied look more like "makeup." This powder is a go to for many makeup artists. It's very inexpensive, the translucent powder works on everyone, it sets the makeup beautifully, and photographs well. I hardly even use any other powder on myself or clients unless I need to for effect. Two thumbs up and I will continue to repurchase this time and time again, but it's not necessary very often because it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I love the brand Ben Nye. I have had this product for over a year now and have just used over half the bottle (3 oz bottle). I apply this after I have finished all my makeup, generally just in the t-zone where I get oily. However, sometimes if I have over applied a bit with blush and my blush does look a bit too dark, I go over the blush with this and it softens the colour. Even with this powder on top, I still do get oily however - that's when I wear sunscreen underneath all my makeup (explainable) and only later in the day. Sometimes you can get too much product coming out of the bottle so, to overcome this - put tape over all the holes besides two. Now, only a little bit of product comes out and too much product coming out will rarely be an issue. I am very satisfied with this product and will definitely purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by klprice1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING. I combine this and the Banana shade, and the result is beautiful. I've tried 100's of powders, and this is the only one that looks absolutely natural and also has staying power. I mean, REAL staying power. and it DOES. NOT. CAKE. HG Loose Powder for sure.

Also, it's super cheap compared to other powders, especially ones as finely milled and high quality.

Oh, and it doesn't break me out at all. My skin has been well-behaved with it, and it'll react to anything if it has a single pore-clogging ingredient in it.