October 25, 2014 | 1212 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Eyebrightener, Natural Eyelight(powder)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by sal4evr

While I think the concept of this product was good, the result was not. I wanted to look refreshed and awake, but the product was far too frosty and made me look juvenile. I also found it hard to blend. I used my EcoTools e/s brush, so I know it wasn't a brush issue that was causing the product to become uneven in application. Back to the store it went.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by Fr0shy12506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these eyebrighteners!! You definitely have to learn how to use them properly or you could end up with results that aren't so lovely! I also find this product has many uses! The ways I use it : When applying the product how it's supposed to be used (an eye brightener) I DO NOT use a brush! The brush just waste product imo and it's just much easier to control amount and where you want it with your finger! If all you are doing with this is eye brightening, nothing fancy - no brush! unless you are doing something like blending this over top another eyeshadow to give it a new look, then use a brush to pick up a small wash of color.

I also find it's great to swirl my blush brush in and put it over top whatever blush i am wearing for the day to give the sort of glowing almost ethereal look! Love this and will buy again! (natural and classic and berry one are amazing!)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ugh. This stuff is awful. I need to say that again, this stuff is awful.

Upon first glance this little pressed powder comprised of shimmery beige, pink, green, yellow and silver flecks looks like it could do wonders to brighten up your eye area and be a great base/highlighter.

But sadly no.

This is the flakiest, messiest powder eyeshadow that I have EVER used. And I have used many in my lifetime. If you sweep a brush across it the powder flies everywhere and crumbles. If you try to apply it to your eyelid all you see is obnoxiously pure silvery white frost. No brightening effects whatsoever, just frost. The shadow is also incredibly difficult to blend and fades away very quickly.

Adding insult to injury is the price- $15 Canadian when not on sale!! Luckily I got this for 40% off, but it still wasn't worth it.

The packaging is also incredibly bulky and wasteful for such a small shadow.

Physician's Formula needs to go back to the drawing board with this one. I would not repurchase nor do I recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in topaz. Ehhh....not great. There is way better stuff out there. I thought this was overpriced for a drug store item. I thought the packaging with mirror and brush was over the top. Why not just a small pot of color? Doesn't matter because this didn't do anything for me. Won't buy any more.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by swtbabykitty87

I really wanted to like this product due to such good reviews, and me on the search for a good highlighter/eyeshadow to give my eyes that awake, brightness. Unfortunately, this is just too shimmery to be natural, and as a high school student, I wouldn't use this as an everyday thing. The packaging is also rather ugly and cheap looking.Definitely won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by grannajaan

okay, this is my first review. but i have to say it looks beautiful. i have been using this for several years, i love this on my cheeks to use as highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Newly in love with the entire Physicians Formula line. This was on sale at Long's Drugs, 50% off, so it was only 4 bucks. I got one from Target for around 6 dollars, in i think Classic, and the one from Longs is Touch of Smoke. It is amazing. Very natural. You can layer it over regular eyeshadow to make a new look. Highly recommend to all my friends. The packaging and brush included suck, toss the brush, it is useless. I toss all the brushes include when purchasing PF. The case is too big for a small eyeshadow, waste of plastic. Buy this product. I have yet to try Taupaz, berries, and the original white eye brightener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand it really is a great highlighter, makes me look wide awake and rested. On the other hand, it can look like too much very easily. Sometimes I apply this and think, 'wow, this stuff makes me look so rested and young!". Other times --maybe when I apply more? ---I look like I am trying to emulate a 20 year old with a fake orange tan, flatironed hair with 1" wide orange skunk stripes, and no common sense whatsover.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

I love the compact itself, and the pan. I wish there was a law, ALL eyeshadows must be the .5 MAC size!!! It comes with a mirror and applicator. This is a GREAT overall highlighter, multi colored but ends up a nice neutral whitish-beige, so works with ANY eyeshadow colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by wieniawski

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A very nice all-over wash on the lids and looks really nice when I am under the sun. I use this to make me look awake when I am not...