Garnier Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/23/2011 11:20:00 AM

I'll start with the good: It does smell nice. There's a regular and one with a frankly kind of bizarre menthol scent, both are okay.

The bad: For me, it doesn't work at all. In fact, while using it, my dandruff (or perhaps sd) has gotten much worse. I've always had kind of incorrigible flakes, though, so ymmv. Also, Garnier's caps have a tendency to chip my nail polish, lol.

I won't be buying it again, though.

on 7/28/2011 8:13:00 PM

This is so awful, I used this just because it was in the house, and it actually gave me dandruff. Made my scalp flake and itch. Also leaves residue on the hair, it has a sticky texture. Worst shampoo ever.

on 4/27/2011 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

First off, I love Garnier and until this point, they have never let me down. All of their other products are amazing!

Anyway, here's my critique:

PROS
-Did stop the dry, itching of my scalp
-Smells wonderful, unlike other dandruff shampoos

CONS
-Did nothing for my flakes
-Really dried out my hair, so a conditioner is a MUST afterwards
-Packaging (although I never take packaging into much consideration when I review) I hate the little flip tops on all their shampoos. lol

Overall, I probably will not buy this product again because it didn't do anything for the flakes, just the dry, itchy feeling.

on 4/11/2011 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this product. It smells really good. But it mad my hair a little dry which is fine. They should make a conditioner to go with this product. The bottle is hard to open sometimes. But still, I love this(:

on 2/25/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

At first I thought this was ok I liked the scent for a dandruff shampoo and it seemed to get rid of my slight flakyness after one try and I used this to prevent it from getting worse but not long after the one use I got flakyness that was even worse and my scalp was soooooo dry and itchy and I couldnt stop scratching,not to mention this dried out my hair like straw.This stuff is like acid it wil dry out your hair and your scalp like no other and what I had to do to repair all that it did is another story...I do not recommend oh btw my mom tried it when I got it to and it dried her hair and scalp out also and we have completly different hair types I am bi racial with thick coarse hair and she is white with thin fine hair.

on 2/21/2011 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have long, thick, coarse hair and this product just didn't work for me. I normally use Head & Shoulders, but wanted to give this a try since I love the smell of Garnier products. Even though this has the same active ingredient as H&S (Zinc Pyrithione), this shampoo just did not control my itching or flakes. I ended up throwing the bottle out and I would not buy again.

on 2/17/2011 11:10:00 AM

This shampoo is great! It smells lovely (especially for a dandruff shampoo), and it really got my fiance's dandruff under control. I use it about once a week as well and it keeps everything in check

PROS: First thing that's actually worked on the tiny hard "balls" that aren't actually flakes. Tried every other one in the drug store, including Head and Shoulders. Smells great.

CONS: Can't find one yet.

*****My review is specifically for the "Intense Cleanse" version of the Fructis Anti-Dandruff Shampoo that has the purple accent color on the green/gray bottle. I'm not sure if all the others are. There is a specific place with more reviews for the "Intense Cleanse" under the following heading: Anti-Dandruff Intense Cleanse Shampoo.*****

on 12/17/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My scalp would get flaky & itchy in the winter time and i normally would have to switch my shampoo back to Head & Shoulder. Thought i'd try something new this time, as i found other Garnier hair prod to be pretty decent. This does not help with either my itchiness or flakiness at all. A waste of money, and now i have an extra shampoo bottle on my shower caddy that i don't even want to use. Save your money & stick with other stuff that works

on 11/18/2010 6:18:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If your a real dandruff sufferer, you would have been REALLY happy when you smelt this. I have yet to use a dandruff shampoo that smelt decent. (yes the head and shoulders do smell fine, but the only one that actually works is the intense line and it smells awful). So i bought this after smelling it in hopes that this would be my HG. I used up the almost the whole bottle and it didnt do really anything for me. It *didnt* make my scalp *worse* but it didnt do anything good for it either. I used the dry scalp formula. Dont waste your money on this one if you have bad dandruff (scalp that bleeds when you scratch, tiny flakes all over your shoulders ect.) This would be a good shampoo for someone who dosnt really have bad dandruff though.

Popular Shampoos