August 2, 2014 | 646 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - Lift Concealer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish MUA had a category for "maybe" I'd buy this product again, because that's how I feel about this product. It doesn't have any "lift" properties whatsoever, but it also doesn't exaggerate my crow's feet. I have it in "2" and it doesn't an ok job, but I'm not sure it doesn't anything special that my Dr. Jart's BB cream doesn't. Scented, which is very weird because it could cause an allergic reaction. Also, I was unpleasantly surprised to read another reviewer's comments about this product containing carcinogens. If that's true, I definitely wouldn't re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by enydonus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Brightening, light, invisible texture, smoothing. It is quite sheer on its own tho, even if you don't have dark circles it's still recommended that you layer this over foundation under the eyes. I typically blend this in with my more opaque stick concealer around my eyes to correct the tone and brighten the dark corners. <3 it for lightening up chalky and/or heavy concealer. I have it in #1 (light pink) and #3 (beige), both of which work well on fair-medium skin tones. On occasion, I have used this in place of my usual eyelid primer and it worked as a nice lightening base - prevented creasing, grabbed the eyeshadow without making them patchy. It is fairly useless for wrinkle correction, it'll just gather in them unless you mix it in with your foundation before applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In my never-ending search for the perfect concealer, I got a nice sample of this at Sephora in shade 3 (I think - maybe it's 2). I love this stuff. It doesn't "lift" anything but it is a great under-eye concealer. The coverage is good and certainly buildable and it blends in beautifully to look very natural. What I like best is that it does not seem to settle into my under-eye lines or accentuate them in any way. And so far, I find that it wears really well all day, even without setting powder.

I'm going back to get the full size of this product. I doubt it will end my quest for the "perfect" concealer (at my age, there are limits to what any product can do...) but Lift Concealer is certainly up there at the top of my "top 3" list.

UPDATE: So, I did get the full size of this and I am still really liking it. The only thing is that it isn't as full coverage as I was hoping - my under-eye circles still show through and I have to try to build this up for more coverage. I think perhaps the sample I got was a bit "dried up" and therefore a bit thicker, which is why it seemed to cover well. I might try the full coverage one next or maybe Clarins's stick concealer but for now, I am really very pleased with Lift Concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with past reviewers that this is more of a brightening product, not really a concealer. Although it does conceal, just not 100%. I really wanted to like this. I love the tube, I love how easily it goes on and blends, I love that it lasts a LONG time and doesn't cake or feel heavy. Unfortunately it settles into fine lines. Not a cakey- look, more like a dry chalky look. I'm only 24 and it makes me look 84. I always put on eye cream before and still it just has a chalky-dry look to it. I've tried two different setting powders, I've tried not setting it, I've tried to put it on top of BB corrector, I've tried to put it under BB corrector, I've tried to wear it alone, etc. I've tried a lot of things and it still ages me.

Any ideas of what I could possibly be doing wrong? I want this to work because I love the staying power and the color...Otherwise I may return it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ananda1025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a huge problem with concealer setting into the fine lines under my eyes, I've tried many and nothing had worked for me. (Even using primer and setting it) Then I tried out this baby and OMG! the difference is huge, it doesn't accentuate my fine lines and lasts all day I'm going to repurchase it again and again. FANTASTIC! HG concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nattyd16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After trying several concealors that were not made for the undereye area, I finally found this one! I really like it. That being said, I don't really have bad under eye circles, but I have noticed alittle darkness recently. This is really moisturizing, but doesn't smear once it sets (like the horrible Glamoflage). So far, the best I've tried.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. Great packaging. Squeeze tube allows you to dispense as much or as little as you like, very sanitary. However, this stuff is sheer and does not cover my dark circles very well at all. I did not notice any "lift" at all. Would be worth the money to me if it worked, as I still have yet to find the perfect concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by ambodidi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this concealer, having read many positive reviews on MUA and elsewhere. In its favour, it blends beautifully and doesn't look cakey or settle into fine lines. Unfortunately it just didn't do enough for me. I have dark undereye circles, and I can barely tell the difference when I put it under one eye and not the other. I don't think it actually makes the undereye area look 'lifted'either. I sometimes apply it as a light reflector over Cle de Peau or MUFE Full Cover, and then I can tell the difference. In short, it's not enough for dark circles, it may be enough for light undereye circles, but if your circles are only light, there are many cheaper alternatives you can probably use. There are also cheaper light reflecting concealers to apply over a 'proper'concealer, so I would not buy this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after very little research because I needed a concealer, the shade was perfect and it was time for Sephora F&F. I'm very fair and shade 1 is a great match for me. This concealer provides great coverage and is buildable. It doesn't get dry or splotchy or too matte. I have used it on blemishes but I mainly use it under my eyes. The only complaint I have about it is that it makes my eyeliner bleed. Since I have been using it, all 3 of my long-wearing pencil liners have bled and smudged under my eyes, and as there have been no other changes in my skincare or makeup routine, I am sure that the concealer is the culprit. To remedy, I either skip lower liner or follow with powder and check a few times during the day. A little bothersome, but I like the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ulliellax

pricing: yes its a little pricey but i think for the amount you get (compared to other concealers that have even smaller tubes) its a pretty good deal and well worth the money for coverage on dark circles. i also think this tube will last me for a long time.. i've only had it for about a month or two and still relatively full and will prob last me til next late summer :)

packaging: at first i didnt like it cuz it came out so watery but by the second use, it was at a much better consistency. also, i find tubes to be less wasteful and more sanitary than the concealer applicator stick packaging style or the concealer pots.

I used to use shu uemura concealer and i found it to leave an "orange" tint under my eyes every now and then

and this one i found to be very good and doesn't cake on or make creases. just make sure you dab it on more than rubbing it. two layers usually works good enough for my dark circles and i've also noticed it didnt leave any weird tints under my eyes. very natural looking and good coverage.

i would definitely buy this again when i run out!