Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

LOVE this powder!! It covers well & looks flawless!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Cover Girl's Simply Powder Foundation is a great basic, daytime foundation if you only need a little touch of foundation to even out your skin tone, diminish the look of pores, etc. I have no experience with using this with a damp/wet sponge; I simply use the sponge that came with it to dab it on around my nose and chin.

I would not recommend this product if you have dry skin or use acne medications. I've noticed that if my skin is slightly dry, or if I have used an acne medication around my chin, the foundation either cakes up or, in the case of the acne medication, pills.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This powder rocks. I have very pale, very acne-prone skin that is also oily. I've tried SO MANY powders and foundations, and this is the only one that doesn't suck for my skin. Doesn't break me out, keeps me matte. Keeps my face looking pretty most of the day (although I do reapply), with minimal oil dabbing needed. HG status.

My only gripe is that all the shades tend to run a little pink, which is a little frustrating for me as someone who is more yellow-toned and still very pale. Regardless, shade 510 does the trick and isn't too dark. It'd be fabulous if CG would make this in more shades.

I don't usually wear CG but the reviews on this were "glowing" so I went on out and bought it. Applying with a powder brush did nothing at all so I thought I would wet the little sponge and dig in. I patted it on my skin which caused little black "boogers" to show up all over my face. I'm assuming it was reacting with my lotion or primer...who knows. Anyway, I couldn't be having that, so I splashed water on my face and patted dry (no soap) and guess what?!? It looked great! It looked like I had applied foundation. Weird right? The powder did not wash off at all. It just kind of settled down and looked good. The reason I rated it so low is because I shouldn't have to go through this mess to get my "foundation" to look right. Also, they should not call this a foundation because right out of the package, it's too sheer to even be called a powder. Also, it clogged my pores to hell and back! By the end of the day it still looked great except for the fact that I had zits popping up along my jaws and forehead. It's a no go for me. I'm glad it works for so many people though :-)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

After reading good reviews of this powder on MUA, I decided to give this powder foundation a try. To be honest, I don't think this should be called a powder foundation - it's way too sheer. At the same time, it's too pigmented to set my foundation as a finishing powder :(

When I put this powder on in the morning, it doesn't cover my redness or dark marks from left over pimples very well. It was matte when I first put it on, but I was shiney by noon. When I looked in the mirror, I could really see the redness in my skin. I tried to layer on a little more, but it just got cakey.

Also, I tried using this powder with a wet sponge to get more coverage. Big mistake! It settled in my pores and made them look huge. Yuck!

I guess this foundation would be ok for people with almost perfect normal skin. Otherwise, skip it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

This powder was so sheer, I don't know why this is called a powder foundation. It worked somewhat better as a finishing powder, but the effects are just too subtle to notice. I started wearing this on top of suncreen and liquid foundation for a fully made-up look. I had to press the sponge hard to get the foundation on it. I had to rub it in hard. The powder didn't show up on my face until 15 minutes later. I bought spare sponges, and decided to just wear the powder on top of sunscreen. I still didn't see it until 10 to 15 minutes later. The light finish was just OK. It didn't look mask-like or thick. My compact is caking on the edges from me digging the powder out during application. I'm still looking for HG powder.

first of all...... drugstores BARELY even carry powder foundations mainly like finishing matte powders. this is a more than amazing product. medium-full coverage, FLAWLESS finish!! . great packaging!!! pretty good color range. this is an amazing product it keeps me matte and it wont show my dry patches either. I will definitely be repurchasing this. it is an amazing product and i recommend this to EVERYONE!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been wearing this powder f or years in shade 505 Ivory. It matches my skin perfectly and is so easy to blend. I have never been disappointed in this product and recommend it to everyone who asks what make up I wear. I am not big on liquid make up because I don't like the feeling of it on my face, even higher end foundations like MAC and Este Lauder make my face feel "valet" and "mask-like." That is a feeling I never experience with this power. The coverage is amazing and its so easy ti blend! It also takes a long time to oxidize and lasts all day... I put on my make up before 6 am everyday and usually take it off at about 8 PM throughout the work week. Not saying you don't need to touch it up, but it only takes a tad bit to refresh my whole face again after about 7 hours. Love, love, love this product. My only complaint is the packaging it comes in. I use a kabuki brush, so when some if it settles into the packaging, it spills a bit each time I open it. Other than that, I have been very loyal to this product and use it everyday!

I have been meaning to write about this product for a very long time but I've just been too busy but at last I made some time. This product is fabulous. I am a MAC NW15 and everything I wear is MAC including their Studio Fix power. I have good skin but I always like a flawless complexion, which is not too difficult to achieve but the power is just as fabulous as Studio Fix but a little more yellow, which is good for me because it warms up my complexion. I often use the powders together or the Simple Powder foundation on it's own. Both solve the icky problem of using a liquid foundation. I would continue to buy this product and often have more than one at a time open. One for my purse, and one that stays in my makeup drawer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love the texture, the coverage, the finish..
But the color? Horrid.
I've ne ver tried a powder foundation. I was looking into a high-end version of this, but didn't want to buy it and waste my money.

Honestly, I'm very very pale..BUT not paper white, 'mkay?
CoverGirl has a tendency to make "Ivory" foundations that are orangey, much too dark, and far from the neutral toned and fair color it SHOULD be.

Pros:
-Excellent oil control
-great coverage ( I have some acne, but not much.
-Natural matte finish
-long lasting ( one touch up after 6 hours )
-Inexpensive
-easy to apply and blend

Cons:
-Entierly the wrong shade, even though it's the lightest they sell.

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me. I love it so much save the color.
I wish CG would come out with a better shade selection for this. I wouldn't mind paying an extra two or so dollars if the color was on target.