MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

Really gorgeous red berry/brown toned red. Very easy to wear and has a nice formula. Probably the most wearable red I've seen, doesn't have the greatest staying power so may benefit from a primer.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

What a sexy color! I love it! It's a soft glossy red. Goes on smooth, last all day and doesn't dry out my lips. You can wear it day or night, you can build up the color.

on 8/13/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this color! It looks so beautiful on my NC 43 skin tone. It goes on as a sheer, soft rosy red, you can build it up to a darker finish. It's a wearable red. It's a glaze so it has a nice shine to it, and is hydrating. It has slight brown undertones. Will definitely repurchase once it's done.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love this lipstick !
Lovely color for a natural but sophisticated effect. A mix of brown, red and rose. This color fits everyone.
But this is not a long lasting texture...

One of my fav MAC lipsticks though !

on 4/1/2013 4:21:00 PM

By far one of my favourite lipsticks! I am very pale, nw10 and though I love statement lips am not confident to wear a bright post box reds during the day. Hot tahiti is perfect for me! On my lips its a very wearable rosy red. The formula isn't at all drying and although it isn't as long wearing as other macs (mattes or amplifieds) I find it wears off evenly and leaves a rosy stain on the lips. LOVE!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

When I first got it I hated it. It was more of a fruit punch color on my lips than a nice bright red. But it was my first MAC Glaze so I kept it. After a while I put it on and slowly started to fall in love. it just has a nice unique look to it. Its not deep dark red and not bright red it just looks like a really good red lipgloss on my lips and it makes my lips feel really nice a smooth so I like the color now I wear it on special occasions.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I only have three MAC lippies: Crosswires, Hug Me and Hot Tahiti. All three have been a great introduction MAC lipstick formulas (Cremesheen, Lusture and Glaze respectively) and I will certainly purchase more!

Hot Tahiti is a beautiful soft red, leaning toward rose. This is an intimidating color in the tube, it looks pretty dark, but when applied it mellows out beautifully into a soft muted red that is very wearable for everyday. It is a romantic red, not a blazing crimson or a scarlet slash. I feel that it leans a little cool, I see where others have felt there is a coral aspect to it, but I really do not see it, at least on a swatch or my own lips.

I think it is a color that most people could wear, from super pale to darker skin tones. I like that it is not frosted or glittery, but is a nice cream which really lends itself to a classy, ladylike look (without veering to "old lady" territory".

The glaze formula feels moisturizing, though it does mean that you will be reapplying it in a few hours as this is not a long wearing formula. I do like to wear this as a stain by patting it into my lips and blotting off the glaze finish, I get several hours of wear when I use it this way and it is just a bump over a MLBB color for me, which is great.

Scent is MAC Vanilla, which I have to admit I do not detect much at all, but at least it does not clash with much of anything either!

This is my favourite lipstick ever. I use it every time I don't want to wear anything bright (which is like 90% of the time), and still want to make my lips better.
This is like a subdued red on my NC15 skin and reddish lips. For reference, I have dark brown eyes and hair. It is SUPER FLATTERING.
Nice texture, not drying at all, fantastic for daily use.
This is amazing on its own or with more intense eye makeup.
I'm currently about to finish my second tube.
GET THIS!

on 12/3/2012 9:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

On my dark lips this isnít a bright red nor is it a really dark rich red which I think makes it really special to my lipstick collection. Itís a few shades darker than my natural lip color. It looks nice with a really natural makeup look or even going all out with liner and shadow. The staying powers not amazing but it smells nice. It did feel a tad bit drying to my sensitive lips. This was nothing that made my mouth drop

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I fell in love with this color because it looks exactly like the stain of fruit punch. A red with a tinge of orange and pink. This color is a glaze but with enough pigment to color my two-toned lips. A great starter red. Nw50

Popular Lipsticks