September 14, 2014 | 2183 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mostly use this to shave, because it gives a really close shave without irritation; I occasionally use it to wash my body or hair. I find it breaks me out when used on my face, however. This was always in my grandparents' soap dish when I had my evening bath as a little girl, and that clean, slightly rose smell is just so comforting and pretty, especially in the hot, sticky Texas summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by dizzydollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very silky texture without being slimy or sticky, it actually lives up to its claim of not leaving a layer of residue after use. I found it quite relaxing, and it definitely moisturises without causing oil increase. Pleasant scent, not strong at all, and there are no dyes in it meaning no gross colour stains on your tub/shower. I would absolutely buy again, Dove has never disappointed me with their products. Love the Beauty Bar! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by wecibeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. already use it and smell wonderful and refreshing , feels so relaxing after shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I was a teenager I had acne not only on my face but my neck, arms, back too. I tried everything to get rid of my acne but nothing worked. So one day I decided to throw away all the creams and lotions away and stay away from anything that contains chemicals. I thought I would just use a simple and plain soap in the shower and that's it. After trying out various soaps I tried out Dove's beauty bar. It smells pretty and it makes me feel clean and feeling fresh. I literally don't smell bad and I rarely have smelly armpits. Also all my acne disappeared and I have stuck to this soap for more than two years now and I'm so happy with my skin. One bar of soap literally lasts more than two weeks with everyday use. I have saved a lot of money too as I don't have to buy any other fancy products anymore :) 5/5 for this product

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by chokoanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this beauty bar! I have acne-prone and oily skin. I don't know if it's because I'm using this beauty bar or because I began to use the origins ginzing series, but my skin is so soft!! A lot of the bumps on my forehead is gone and I haven't had any bad breakouts yet. This isn't a miracle cure, and it won't give me perfect skin, but so far I am loving this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

The best drugstore buy. I have dry skin (face/body) plus bouts of eczema during the season changes. This soap is the only cleanser that helps keep my skin feeling soft and comfortable. A staple product for me. I like sticking with natural/ organic products in general but, those type of soaps tend to be extremely irritating/ drying on me personally. I use the dove bar on my body and face with no problems at all. Plus, it smells so pretty and clean, and will leave your bathroom smelling the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by murchelle

Okay, so when I was younger I always had horrible skin. A few people and a doctor told me that using the "plain white dove soap bar" would really clear up my skin, but I was stubborn and instead stuck with trying out a new face wash every month because none of them ever worked for me. My skin remained oily and the breakouts were often.

So, I don't know what it was that changed my mind but I finally gave in and bought a bar of this soap last night and used it in the shower when I got home. The smell is a little "old lady-ish," but it wasn't horrible. After washing my skin felt a little bit tight but nowhere near as bad as when I washed with just regular liquid face wash. I put on a little bit of moisturizer and went to bed. When I woke up this morning, I went to the bathroom to see my results; my skin looked amazing! My pores looked noticeably smaller, my skin felt soft and smoother than the night before, it wasn't red like it normally is, it was glowing, and it almost looked like I had put foundation on already. I was ecstatic.

I will continue to use this soap on my face until I see a reason not to!

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by BballinQT24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Dove soap! It smells good and is gentle on my very dry skin. There are some things I will buy generic, but definitely not this as the generics never compare to the original.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by clasp

Love this soap bar

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by erynkryseldeleon

Most amazing soap for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin. I try other cleansers and always come back to this when my skin starts breaking out. Instantly, after I use it, my skin starts healing, and in a few days, it'll be a lot clearer and smoother than it was. Works well for all parts of the body - even female special parts. I also tried Olay cream bars, and even though I love the smell of their age defying variety, I break out like a teenager when u use those! Not with Dove. Dove soothes my skin, removes dirt and make up. Contrary to what people say here, it does leave a residue. That's the only way it'll keep skin moisturized after being rinsed off. But the good thing is, the residue is calming to my skin. Like a protective layer from the heat and dry winds of California. For those who have sensitive and oily skin, please do give it a try. It just might be the best decision you'll ever make for your skin.