October 25, 2014 | 1075 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 3:34:00 PM More reviews by o0hollie0o

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Dove Beauty Bar is amazing! It smells and feels so nice on your skin. I have used nothing but Dove on my face since I was 14, people always guess my age at around 19-21, I will actually be 31 in a couple of weeks and believe it's all thanks to Dove!. :)

I use the Dove Beauty Bar on my face and the Dove Cream Bath in my baths and will never use anything else.

Also, as others have said, it's the best product to use when shaving.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's strange, the sensitive beauty bar is more drying than the original white bar. I have tons of this stuff lying around. There's Dove Baby scented and unscented both of which resemble Dove original white *unscented*.
See, here's the thing. All three species of bar contain the same ingredients. Unilever is required by FDA regulations to listing greetings on the package, but not the percentages. This would prevent knockoffs etc. so what I'm saying is the Dove unscented version is very much different from the devil original white unscented. And again, Dove original white unscented is different from the orginal white with scent.
The scent does bother my skin...that sucks. But there is Dove Original white *unscented* (blue box) that has the same lather.
So far, it's been ok with just Dove. I use a toner to remove residue, but I honestly don't think there's much of a residue, and if there is, it's ok with me.
Consistency is the key, and a clean diet.
***UPDATE***August 2014-- Well, I have been on a journey since my early 30's, trying to find a cleanser that will not irritate or clog my pores. After my proactiv phase in my late 20's I moved on to Dermalogica.
The world has less resources now than ever, and things are often being reformulated (from food products to cosmetics) with cheaper ingredients. This is what had happened to Dermalogica's Special Cleansing Gel. Before then, it was an amazing cleanser that never irritated my skin. I have SLE and trying to find something that doesn't irritate my reactive skin is tough. Tougher now that I am nearly 40.
My skin was always rather resistant and oily, and could handle what ever I used. These days, due to the toxic environment we live in, my SLE and changing hormones I have dry/combo skin now.
I hate that Dove is tested on animals. I mean, this is 2014, why are they still using bunny ears? Not only does that make me feel bad, but my facial skin does not resemble that of a damned rabbit ear. That aside, I have tried everything thats available and in my budget which is becoming ever tighter. I have to make a choice based on logic and consistency.
Bringing Dove back, because I am sick of worrying, itching and the insane round & round.
***UPDATE*** well I've been using the orginal dove beauty bar (blue box) unscented for 3 weeks.
After the Natures Plus Natural Beauty Cleansing bar, my skin was a mess. Luckily, I have learned of ways to heal dehydration and such...lemon & sugar scrubs at night and yogurt masks in the day.
After intense masking and moisturizing for a week, my skin finally stopped scaling.
Now I am just using
1) Dove
2) Avene thermal h2o
3) Cetaphil lotion.
I read this routine on acne.org (blog called "Dove is my best friend) seemed logical.
As usual, will update in 3 weeks.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 2:57:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My bar of soap of choice for my face and body because like another reviewer said, it isn't slimy or sticky and no residue is left over. Just clean, soft skin. I've used on my face numerous times and haven't had a pimple afterwards, so you don't have to be choosy about spots with sensitive skin.

If you just shaved your legs a few days before, it's smooth and slippery enough to give you a close, quick shave without needing to break out the time-consuming heavier creams.

I've always had a problem with dry skin on my nose and cheeks and generally dull or reddish discoloration but this product fixes that right up. My skin is smoother and more supple using the Beauty Bar than it is with any moisturizers I've tried, and results start as soon as you wash away the soft lather.

Do keep in mind what gentle means though, I wouldn't rely on this when you've just had a strenuous workout, your face is completely sweaty and you want your skin deeply cleansed. Foams up really easily, lasts a good while and isn't too pricey. Dove is a nice brand. I'll definitely keep on repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 8:40:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like bar cleansers - and never use bar soap - but Dove is a bit better than "traditional" soap bars.

That said I would NEVER use it on my face and I don;t like touching used bars of "soap" (cleanser).

Not my thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by MUAEmma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried numerous amount of brush cleaners in the past and no matter how well I use them, I will always get more product out of the makeup brushes using the soap in small circular motions than I could ever using anything else. I've been doing this now for almost 2 years and has never affected my makeup brushes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It is a very gentle soap cleanser, so gentle I don't really use it on a daily basis at all, because I don't feel like it cleans all the sweat of the day of my skin thoroughly. It's a creamy bar of soap a that is not slimy or sticky at all. It lives up to its claims that once you wash it off with water it does not leave any residue. It's great for shaving and feels moisturizing to the skin, but that's about all. I prefer soaps with strong scent and rich lather for feeling squeaky clean. I only use this if I feel my skin is getting dried out and needs extra moisture. Overall, great product for sensitive, super dry, clean skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I mostly use this to shave, because it gives a really close shave without irritation; I occasionally use it to wash my body or hair. I find it breaks me out when used on my face, however. This was always in my grandparents' soap dish when I had my evening baths as a little girl, and that clean, slightly rose-like smell is just so comforting and pretty, especially in the hot, sticky Texas summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by dizzydollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very silky texture without being slimy or sticky, it actually lives up to its claim of not leaving a layer of residue after use. I found it quite relaxing, and it definitely moisturises without causing oil increase. Pleasant scent, not strong at all, and there are no dyes in it meaning no gross colour stains on your tub/shower. I would absolutely buy again, Dove has never disappointed me with their products. Love the Beauty Bar! <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by wecibeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this. already use it and smell wonderful and refreshing , feels so relaxing after shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLobster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I was a teenager I had acne not only on my face but my neck, arms, back too. I tried everything to get rid of my acne but nothing worked. So one day I decided to throw away all the creams and lotions away and stay away from anything that contains chemicals. I thought I would just use a simple and plain soap in the shower and that's it. After trying out various soaps I tried out Dove's beauty bar. It smells pretty and it makes me feel clean and feeling fresh. I literally don't smell bad and I rarely have smelly armpits. Also all my acne disappeared and I have stuck to this soap for more than two years now and I'm so happy with my skin. One bar of soap literally lasts more than two weeks with everyday use. I have saved a lot of money too as I don't have to buy any other fancy products anymore :) 5/5 for this product