Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 5/20/2015 4:48:00 AM

This is an amazing bar soap, no wonder it was featured as a cult beauty product across countless beauty magazines!

It comes in a few editions (cucumber, berries, and Original) with the Beauty Bar being the original version. It's pretty cheap at around USD1/bar which can easily last 1 month with 2X use per day.

It comes with the iconic Dove fragrance which reminds me of baby soap (not something everyone likes, however it is to my liking). It lathers wells, and have a creamy lather. Unlike most soaps, this one does not dry out the skin.... and I don't know how to explain it, but the lather itself is creamy (like it's being whipped from fresh, moisturising cream! Imagine the lather with bubbles and cream!).

It does not leave my skin dry, and does a good job in cleansing. I would highly recommend this bar soap, and can understand why it has won many beauty awards (I believe that it's formulation is patented as well).

on 5/19/2015 9:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I use Dove Beauty Bar as body wash, I used to use Dove Body Wash, but when I ran out, my mom bought me Dove Beauty Bar. First I was skeptical, because I have really dry skin, and bar soap usually dried my skin, I was surprised after used it, it felt so moisturising same with the body wash (my skin feels so soft, I tried baby soap and that made my skin dry, dove is much better than that baby soap) after that I repurchase this over and over again. Sometimes I use the beauty bar, sometimes I use the body wash.

After I read MakeupAlley's review on this, some people said that it worked great on their face, so I tried this on my face, but unfortunately this broke my forehead out, and my cheeks got duller, maybe because I have normal to combination/oily skin, still I give Dove Beauty Bar 5stars because it works like a charm on my body's skin.

on 5/18/2015 9:45:00 AM

The ONLY soap i'd buy. Leaves skin clean and soft. BUY IT.

on 5/10/2015 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've repurchased this numerous times all throughout my teenage years & I always thought the constant ichy skin after my showers were normal. Since my mother would buy this by the pack I never thought to ask her if I could switch it up. Now after switching to my Aveeno Active Naturals Soap and Fragrance Free Moisturizing Bar for my face and body that has such an incredibly creamy lather that rinses completely clean I now realize how horrible the Dove was for my skin. I also experience no itching what-so-ever with this.

on 4/28/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This made my skin weird and left a residue on it. I won't be repurchasing EVER.

on 4/28/2015 3:58:00 PM

Dove used to be my favorite soap for a long time and it is still a pretty good soap. However, I have noticed that my skin would get a bit dry after I used this soap. I had to put on lotion afterwards. Overall, good soap but can be a bit drying if you are using it on the long term.

Just doesn't work for me.

I can't stand the smell. I really don't like baby powder scents. That's personal, though.

My problem with this is that it doesn't moisturize my skin at all. It leaves my skin feeling waxy. A few times some kind of layer has peeled off of my skin after using this? Not a layer of skin? It was really quite icky. My skin is still dry after this, it just has this waxy crap sitting on the surface. I also never feel clean after using this. Maybe it's the waxy, filmy layer it leaves or maybe it's the fact that "Dove isn't ordinary soap"

I can't even use this as a hand soap. But, it must be just me, because I know a lot of people love Dove.

I'll stick with my cheaper, more effective Ivory soap.

on 4/27/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This soap was recommended by my dermatologist as I have eczema. At first, this works really well, and it aids in moisturizing my skin. After going to the 3 month mark, it justs stops working. It still cleans my skin, but when I get out of the shower I begin to have white, patchy, dehydrated skin. I need a product that consistently leaves my skin soft and moisturized, not this. For now I will experiment with their body washes and see how that goes. By the way, I do have friends who have normal skin and love this product, so it's definitely me and my extremely dry skin. Oh, another thing, I used the sensitive one since the scented ones are too strong for me and give me a rash.

on 4/25/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like Dove because they advertise with "real women"and they do have a lot of washes that work well. That being said soap does not work for my older dry skin-even this soap. I do feel it leaves a film. I don't mind using this when showering and I'll do that to use it up. After that I'll go back to their moisturizing body washes which are very good.

on 4/25/2015 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered if the formulation has changed in this soap. 3 months ago I bought a pack (plain white-two bar pack) and it was horrible. For years and years I have only use this soap for my shower, all over, and I didn't have to worry about using it on my lady parts.
Soon after using the new bars, my neck began to itch. I though maybe I my shirt was rubbing me wrong...then my lady parts started to itch (outside areas) and become very, very dry. Tops of my feet where itchy---WTF? I now thought my laundry soap was the problem, so I switched to All Free and Clear. Nope, still having itchy dry skin problems, getting worse. ALL of this happened within two weeks of using the new soap. If finally figured out it was the Dove soap.
In the garbage both bars went. I switched to CAMAY bar soap and a feminine liquid soap.
All the itchy skin has cleared up, I know this is TMI, but it really did a number on my lady parts, so, so drying. I almost had to see the doc because of this soap.