December 19, 2014 | 1429 users online

Conditioner - Rusk - Sensories Smoother Leave-in Conditioner

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This seems to be the closest match I can find for this product, the leave in conditioner I'm reviewing is called Rusk Sensories Brilliance Conditioner with grapefruit and honey. To be frank, I'm not wild about it. The adult leave in conditioners I've used in the past were some all natural thing that a friend passed on to me and Davines Dede delicate leave in mist; I specify adult because I totally remember my mom using No More Tears on me when I was a kid, haha. Even though I still cried, I'd still take it - or either of the other two products - over this. Honestly, it doesn't seem to do much conditioning nor does it even help much with the tangles. And since I have curly, tangle-prone hair, I need all the help on that front that I can get. Thankfully, I bought this product at Marshalls and so it didn't make that big a dent in the wallet. Because I'd actually rather use no conditioner than this conditioner - which is why it's lasted me so long. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

My latest and greatest discovery. I am all about leave-in conditioners and this one is fabulous! Great scent, good slip. My only gripe is that it doesn't make my hair as shiny as some of my other faves (ABBA, FF Straight Away). Maybe I just need to work with it more. Definite re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Bayspirit2002

I have used this product for over 10 years and can't live without it. Every time I run out I get panicked and it's been harder and harder to find. I worry that at some point it won't be there! I have tried many different products (It's a 10, Paul Mitchell, Nexus, Alterna, Redkin, drugstore products, etc.) and nothing smooths/conditions my hair like it. I have very fine hair that also gets very curly and frizzy in humidity. I will use this product forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by pegbundy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I tend to have a love-hate relationship with Rusk products. However, this one is a keeper!!! Leave in conditioners tend to impart either moisture or body (control); itís rare to find one that helps with both. This product fits the bill. Dry hair settles down a bit- not perfect, but improved. Though what really excites me about this leave in is the control aspect. Straggle and separation of my fine, fly away hair has noticeably decreased; when I swing my head- it all flows together! Application amount is a matter of trial and error, but definitely key to obtaining the desired result. For example, on my fine, BSL hair I literally apply just a squirt. Then I rub my hands together and with a thin layer of the product remaining on my hands, I smooth it over my towel-dried hair from ears to ends. Iíve found it best to avoid the crown and root areas. I would recommend this product as long as youíre not heavy-handed because it can make hair greasy if applied excessively.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 11:55:00 PM More reviews by copanaki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product and I would buy it again. It makes my biracial hair very soft. It doesn't define but it definitely softens. I apply it to towel dried hair and let it dry completely. Then I blow-dry or flat iron and it comes out great, full bodied and soft. I love it. Jut be careful not to use too much. The idea is to coat your hair lightly not to saturate it. I love the smell also. It is so refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by akrypti36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent and love how it instantly softens my otherwise thick coarse hair. Sadly one bottle doesn't last very long (I also have like 20 pounds of hair, so it could just be me). My hair naturally looks fried and damaged, even when I haven't been abusing it, and this product single-handedly rejuvenates my hair to looking healthy again. Love it and would absolutely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on and off for years. I have fine hair that is super dry and damaged. This is one fo the only products I have found that detangles my hair without weighing it down or making it feel greasy. The smell is really light and not overpowering. The bottle lasts a long time. I do not notice any smoothing effects (as the name implies). It just mainly allows me to get the tangles out of my hair and leaves it soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by theramenninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this works. i have thick damaged hair and it makes it softer/easier to straighten.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ben228

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this for awhile then realized about half way through the bottle it didn't really do much. Garnier leave in or mane n tail work just as well for a fration of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Milasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this stuff. I use this when my hair is damp. I noticed it works better when I use less product than a huge amount. It's moisturizing and it keeps my hair smooth. The smell is amazinggggg. I find this inexpensive because it lasts forever. I'll be repurchasing.