April 19, 2014 | 1813 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #219 Pencil Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Dlrainer

Great for smudging or adding color to your crease, or corner of your eyes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 7:44:00 AM More reviews by woot12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My opinion is part of the minority, as I am probably the only person who doesn't like this brush. I bought this brush under the impression of all the hype from YouTube and other blogs alike. It took me a couple of uses to realise that this wasn't a good brush.

This brush, to this day, is one of the most expensive brushes I own, unfortunately the price doesn't justify the quality of the brush. The bristles are so scratchy, it has irritated my skin, making me resort to other methods, such as using my finger to smudge out liner. However, it is a sturdy brush, and it is dense, allowing for easy blending of colour.

Verdict however: Will not ever buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by jadorelechoc

This was the first MAC brush I got rid of. It was scratchy beyond belief and made my eyes watery whenever I attempted smudging my liner. It also did not do a great job at smudging, as it made any liner look patchy and left gaps in between. When I started learning a little bit more about brushes, I observed it closely and more than 2/3 of its hairs were second cut ones, hence the Scratchy Central situation.
I have replaced it with a NARS #15 brush that has a completely different shape (short, flat, oval cut and wide) but does the very same job and in an excellent way. Even if this smudger brush shape is not your cup of tea, there is beautiful pencil brushes out there to give your love to instead of this one. Don't waste your good money on something below average.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like all Mac brushes, this is well-made and wonderfully soft. The size/shape of it probably works great for lots of people, but I don't find myself using it very often. It seems to lay down too much color/too precise a stroke for my crease preference, and for some reason I always have fallout issues and uneven application when I use this. I actually use it more often for lining with shadow but it's a little too soft and full for that. I'll keep it because I haven't found anything I like better, but I definitely wouldn't call this one a have-to-have brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by solidcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush is a must if you are an eyeshadow kind of person. I use it almost daily to line my lower lashes, and it's great for packing colour into the crease. It's also good for smudging out your eyeliner. I love it.

Honestly, I didn't really use it at first, but now I can't go without it. Washes beautifully, too. Get it, it has so many great uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Kmarji

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mac's 219 brush is simply amazing. It is so easy to work with and is great for creating a well defined "outer-v and lining the lower lash line. Picks up product very easily and spreads it like a dream.

One of my favorite brushes!

Oh, and it doesn't shed AT ALL!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by stls

At first I loved this brush but after a year...not so much.
Let me explain: I find 219 quite scratching, for smudging eyeliner I prefer sponge brushes and for lining the eyes slanted brushes. So... what's the use for this one? I only use it to darken the outer corners sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! It's dense without being too hard and I love using it to smudge out my eyeliner!! This brush is perfect for smudging out eyeliner, creating a liner with eyeshadow or just using it to draw a precise crease line. Def would repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is whatever, you can always find something cheaper for the same results. i wouldnt invest so much money on an eye brush where i can find the same one at the drugstore. swapped away

rated 2 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by thisisntoriginal

I wanted a good brush for smudging and crease blending.

This brush was coarse, scratched my skin, and shed like you would not believe.

I had to return it.