Victoria's Secret Amber Romance EDT

on 3/21/2009 4:37:00 PM

After loving B & BW's Sensuous Amber line on my friend, I ran out and bought it... and promptly bagged it all up and gave it to her a few days later. It was harsh and stale on me after the drydown. Even Walmart's Rich Amber Jewel was much nicer! But it got that chemical-stale way after a while too.

All that said, I was certainly not in the market for an amber fragrance when I discovered VS Amber Romance. I sprayed some on just out of curiosity and shopped the new lines of fragrance. Couldn't stop smelling my wrist where I'd spritzed on the AR. Mmmm...what a beautifully balanced sweet/powdery/feminine/warm mix! No artificial undertones, almost a vanilla + sugar + some beautifully unique floral essence. No detectable amber that I could i.d.(good after my previous disappointments with amber scents!) And it dries down to all that plus a sweet cotton type of fragrance on my skin. I seem to be able to spray on alot and it stays wonderfully soft and intoxicating-never overbearing or "too much". I'll report back after I've worn it out into the world beyond my home borders (fiance has clogged sinuses presently, so no opinions beyond mine yet!) NEXT DAY: My high school students said "Mmmmm" when I spritzed some on right in class, even the pickiest, critical divas. Many asked "What is that?" "Where'd you get it?" One boy said I smelled like cinammon sugar--Cinammon! That's the mystery note I couldn't nail down in the mix of warm vanilla + __.

on 3/7/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my first time trying a VS perfume & bought it on eBay based on the great reviews here, since we don't have VS stores in my country. It was a toss up between this & Berry Kiss, & I'm so glad I chose AR. Thanks guys! I really do like this a lot, it's really nice! And I totally agree that for the $9.50 price tag (30 ml EDT), it smells anything BUT cheap. Too bad the staying power is the only disappointing thing about it -- it's just AWFUL... even when sprayed on my wrists, I can barely smell anything an hour later, no kidding! So all I get are the black cherry & creme Anglais cause by the time the sandalwood kicks in, the perfume is already well & gone, poof! I mean, I would AT LEAST expect an EDT to last 2 hours at the most, but one freaking hour is just absurd! Heck, even my Avon Vanilla Soft Musk cologne has much superior lasting power than this -- I spray it on before bed & can STILL strongly smell it the next morning until I take my shower (& that's the Eau de Cologne, not even the Eau de Toilette!). So, as much as I love the unique, pretty smell of AR, the poor staying power makes it a no repurchase for me. For inexpensive, year-round, go-to scents that LAST, I'll just stick with my trusty Avon.

on 1/30/2009 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've loved this scent for so many yrs!! A spray or 2 is all I need cuz its lasts on me all day and night,its definitely a warm very amber, musky with tiny of vanilla scent. I do intend to keep repurchasing this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the smell of this, but it doesn't last long at all. You can't really expect much from a cheap VS perfume, but I kind of wanted it to last for at least an hour.

on 1/6/2009 2:42:00 PM

Love, Love Love this purfume I wear this mostly in the fall when ever I wear this everyone in the office just Loves it and my husband also he used it for a room spray that's how much it love's.it

on 1/1/2009 5:36:00 PM

This is one of my favorite scents by far. It makes me feel very sexy, much for so that the Very Sexy perfume.

on 12/18/2008 5:28:00 AM

This is one of my favorite fragrances. I LOVE it! It's a nice, sweet but not too sweet, soft, sexy scent.
I need to buy this by the gallon.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't seem to last long, so I have to reapply often.

on 9/14/2008 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

this is one of my favotire scents from victoria's secret. i loooove it! i buy a few bottles of these at a time on sale and keep them around the house, in my purse, etc. the only downside of this is i've found that it kind of smells like old rubber bands depending on the weather :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love the smell of this stuff. I don't understand why some of the people reviewing this product claim it smells like an "old woman". To me it smells like musky vanilla. I love it and will repurchase.

the smell is great though sometimes it seems like i might be smelling like a granny, no offense but yeah.
i have the bodyspray version of this, and it doesnt wear off as near as bad as the love spell body spray

Popular Fragrances