July 30, 2014 | 1959 users online

Treatments - OPI - Nail Envy - Sensitive & Peeling

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by laurista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stole this from my mom, so I didn't feel the sting of wasting my money. I do have some nail peeling issues, but nothing that keeps me up at night. It has made zero impact on my nails, good or bad. I use it as a shinifier polish for when I'm not feeling colorful and it does a bang up job of that, so it gets a higher-than-average rating from me. If you get it for free or can put it on at a friends, try it out. Otherwise just use your top coat and moisturize.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Little2Sister

So, so bad.
I bought this product obviously because my nails had become really weak and were peeling. I made a spur of the minute change from getting the original nail envy as I thought this might be better.
Very bad decision. The first thing I noticed was that the stuff would chip off after only a few hours. I seriously couldn't get through a whole day with it intact. It would also develop this 'crackled' look which meant I couldn't just paint another layer over the top but had to take it off and re-do, which kind of defeats the point of this kind of nail treatment.
After about 4-5 days of persevering with it I had to stop as my nails were developing a yellow tinge and wear peeling even more than before.
It's been about 2 months since I stopped using it and I can still see the yellow stain growing out slowly so I don't think its going to fade.
I really, really don't recommend buying this product. Don't let it go any were near your nails!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by mena86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 2 months of application, I have found that this has somewhat improved my peeling nail situation. The tips are not as peely but I'm not sure if that's just due to the nail regrowth, as I started using rubber gloves for housework and washing up etc around 6 months ago when I noticed my nails were suffering. Maybe this product provided a boost or maybe my nails were improving anyway.

I have used just under a quarter of the bottle and the contents have thickened up a lot. When I try to apply now, the product is stringy and full of bubbles as it has thickened up so much. At the moment it is just about usable but it feels like the rest is going to be wasted as it probably wont be long before this gets too thick to apply at all.

I wouldnt recommend this and I wouldnt buy it again. I'm quite disappointed that a product by OPI could be such a let down.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by anniethealchemist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Worst product ever! It is supposed to repair nails that are prone to peel and chip, but all it does is getting them even worse!It costed me 26euros!I've been using it for 5 months, and still no good result!complete waste of money!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by dot55

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst product I have ever spent $22 on. Just like many other reviewers, my nails are worse than before I started using it. During the week, while I was reapplying every second day as instructed, it turned yellow, crackled, and my nails peeled worse than before. Now they are really short and I'm going to try another product to help them grow again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Sooboomom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awful, awful, awful. This was one of the rare times that I didn't check MUA, and that oversight cost me about $13 and left my nails worse than they were before I used the stupid stuff. This seemed to make the splitting in my nails look even worse right away, but I thought that it would get better and used the product for almost 2 weeks -- mostly because I felt crummy about spending the money without giving it a decent trial. At the end of that time, six of my nails had peeled badly despite being coated in product, and they all looked nasty. Goodbye OPI -- I have switched to Essie's Grow Stronger and my nails look better already after the first application.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by tenerife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Useless product, made absolutely no difference to my splitting, peeling nails, thick to apply, took ages to dry

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Aschmidt80

This product is not what I had hoped for. Couldn't get it on without it bubbling and it's very stringy. Worst nail treatment ever. I'm going to try Trind next.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Babylonia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So disappointed! This didn't strenghten my nail, other drugstore products are way better than this. Although I like that it does not contain "the big 3"

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did not work for me. It just did not make my nails resistant and sometimes I even had the impression it worked against them! (could be just me though). I find it hard to apply sometimes it's sooo gluey and it literally creates a very fine thin hairline-like conector between the brush out on the nail, and the product left in the bottle - so weird..
I think they meant to create some glue for the cheaped nails to stop chipping, that's all.
I've used the Yves Rocher Nail Treatment and half the price of this OPI product that fixed my chipping nails instantly! I was so disappointed I ever wasted money on OPI Nail Envy...