November 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Cleanance Antishine Regulating Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I think this is a very good product. It does not irritate my skin and helps control oil production. I have a problem with some similar types of moisturizers that when I apply it, my skin produces even more oil. But I have no problem with this moisturizer. The texture is very light, and the scent is very light, too. It doesn't break me out. The only problem is, this stuff doesn't work with thick and long-lasting foundations, because it makes your skin feel dry and cakey. When I use this product under a regular liquid foundation, it didn't happen to me. I recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A good product. It keeps me matte for a reasonable time (2-4 hours) and even if I sweat a lot, it still controls excess shine after I blot the sweat away with a tissue. That's definitely one of the best sides of this product. I sometimes start looking oily even after 30 mins of applying make-up so this product is a must for work days.

The product is a light gel, which turns more powdery after you spread it but doesn't have a nasty silicone slick to it. So far, I have liked every Avene products I have tried and this one doesn't disappoint either. Thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by IsabellaDubose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product smells great. It's a soothing sweet but "rounded" smell found in most avene products. Compared to the other mattifying products I've tried, this beats them all hands down. I've tried garnier light oil control cream(pore clogger!), Khiels Rare earth pore minimizing lotion (sucks and it's hella expensive at S$69~ US$57.50), etc. and all of them makes my face shiny within an hour or two. This doesn't! My face remains matte for four hours, and that's great considering how oily my skin is and how humid my country is. It costs around S$36~US30 without discount but I got mine at S$24.40 at the local polyclinic so I'm quite pleased. I've got a second tube stocked up. I honestly can't expect an all day mattifying lotion as that'll mean it's hella strong. This doesn't make my face very oily after four hours, but there is some sebum production. Can't blame this product. Might work excellently in colder, drier climates.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by zudowdrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

so far the best moisturizer i've used in my life.I cant go without it, yesterday i didnt used the cream and my face felt disgusting. The only con about it is that it cost almost 30$

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

This does nothing to regulate my oil. Felt so dissapointed :c.
It made my face oilier than usual, why is this happening to me??

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by hannah1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this for a few days now (morning only) and so far I am very pleased. I have a very oily t-zone and use powder every couple of hours. I've noticed I'm using a lot less powder with this stuff (and i even wore it with sunscreen with it today!). This moisturiser is just what I've been looking for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by sisika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To those with super oily/acne-prone skin... This product does what it promises. It regulates the oilyness significantly and has a super matte finish without drying up the face. The smell isn't pleasant, but then again,its because there are no unnecessary ingredients to enhance the it! Honestly, I'm going to repurchase as soon as I'm out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by amanda23

This is too drying for my combination skin. I will give it another try in the summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by brandyxander

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this lotion, I always put some in the morning before I put my make up on, and some in the evening before I get to sleep. I love the smell, very fresh and delicate. It leaves my skin matte and hydrated. I'm currently using my second bottle and I'm happy about the results I get.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by chynnadoll21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Super Love this!!! Overall rating 4 cos it tends to stick to my pillow at night.

Great price for the results. Skin is visibly clearer and plump. Face feels "brighter" and smoother. Does not break me out. Seems to reduce my facial lines. All this.... OVERNIGHT!!!

Very impressed with this product!!

CONS : not great as a make up base and if I try to pat it in till the product is completely absorbed into the skin, it tends to get sticky and ball up, so I just leave it to dry on its own.

EDIT 5/3/12

Found the main culprit!! Basically the silicones in this and cleanance K, make it hard to apply fndt/bb on top. I cant blend it in, rather I have to pat it in. And sometimes if I rub my neck, rubbery bits ball up and I have to pry them off the fine hairs on my neck! Makes me look and feel like i'm dirty and have "daki". This is a malay term which describes the dirt/grime on your body!!