November 26, 2014 | 1810 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Oleo-Relax Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best for truly rebellious hair. Nothing is as effective to control the big poofy into sleek and silky. Its expensive, but it works. If tight on money though, go for the masque instead of the shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

At first I was so excited with just reading the reviews on the website, so I decided to try it. Guess what? It weighed down my roots and dried my length, it also worsened my hair loss.

Definitly not buying again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by suzieyellow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is really good at detangling and smoothing out hair. However, I do feel that you will need to clarify your hair weekly or else there will be build-up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by nikiniki9doors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

HAIR TYPE:

- long
- fine
- thick
- naturally curly
- frizzy w humidity

So after hearing everyone swear by Kerastase products I decided that bc my hair is naturally curly/wavy and its frizzy that Oleo-Relax would be the product I should go for.

Wrong.

It weighed down my hair immensely, made it feel greasy and heavy (almost like I never fully wash the product out?)

However,

I did end up switching to the Bain Cristal for fine hair ... amazing. Smells fantastic, my hair is smooth, shiny, stronger, light, feels clean. Love it. Up there with my favourite shampoos - it might take the lead but I've just started using it so I'll wait a bit to say its actually the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 3:59:00 AM More reviews by kristy88au

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The Oleo-Relax line is my HG hair regime. I have very very long, fine, wavy hair, so my main problems are frizziness and dry ends. I never thought I'd find a product that would make so much of a difference in the quality of my hair. It tightens curls, almost completely smooths frizz (= mega shine), and softens ends. All without reducing volume. I comb the masque through in the shower and then I don't even need to re-comb it before I leave the house. I could not give this a higher rating. One bottle of the shampoo lasts me for about 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 10:23:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

I love this shampoo!! I never thought that any product, especially a shampoo, could make such a difference on my hair. I have thick, coarse, partially highlighted long hair, which was in good shape; however, I tried this while visiting a friend, and it was amazing. I'd heard about the Kerastase line for many years, but I did not believe the hype. This shampoo made my hair soft, smooth and shiny but not weighted down. It looks like I had a blowout when I let it airdry without even brushing my hair. So, I'm a convert, now. It's pricey, but it's the best out there that I've used. I justify the price since I don't use any other products on my hair except conditioner and jojoba oil once in a while. I've just bought the Bain 2 shampoo, so I'll have to see if that works any better. Also, next on the list is Kerastase's conditioner.

**Update** After trying three different Kerastase shampoos (Bain 2, Bain Miroir 1), I've found this is by far my favorite. No other even come close. As soon as I began using it, again, the difference was immediate-even just the lather was so much richer and moisturizing. I always used to just wash once, but this shampoo works better if you apply it twice. Use very small amounts each application. The first one will not get sudsy, usually. The second one will lather. I find that I use far less of this product than inexpensive shampoos. Takes less and accomplishes more. Everything that I had written in my initial review remains the same. The problem is that I have so much of the Bain Miroir left even after giving samples to friends. Perhaps it will work better in the summer when it's humid here in NYC.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by jeobrien

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this shampoo for over a year,along with the oleo masque
conditioner.My hair has never been so beautiful in texture. I was using
Pantene,but the formulas keep changing and now there is such a mind-
boggling number of products on the shelf! I was spending a fortune trying
to find my 'match'.All I did get was eye irritation,facial breakouts and not-so-great looking hair.Certainly not the gorgeous mane on TV! I decided to
try Kerastase.Since then,I have not used anything else,not even feel
slightly tempted. So if,you are hesitating because of the price,don't! I now
purchase the 500ml bottle of shampoo.I wash my hair everyday and that
bottle lasted an entire year! Now,(besides the lovely fragrance) is the
best part..I get stopped (for the 1st time in my life) by total strangers on the sidewalk with compliments about how great my hair looks....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A great shampoo for my hair type. I have dry, tightly curled hair and this shampoo actually works for me. It smells nice, doesn't dry out my hair and relaxes the curl to some extend. A con is the price which is rather expensive for a shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

this review is for the 3 products: bain oleo relax shampoo, oleo relax SLIM masque, and creme oleo relax SLIM.

ok, wow, wow, wow wowwww.
i have naturally dark brown, thick, voluminous, wavy hair that has been previously been bleached pale blonde root to tip (it is now mid brown with highlights), and is heat styled by necessity. most of the damage has been cut off now, but combined with my natural texture i basically have hair that wants to look puffy and damaged and i have to wrestle with it.

i have only been using kerastase products for less than a year. i started with a combination of the damage line (green) and nutritive line (BS 3 and masquintense thick). after some time i found the damage line wasnt moisturizing enough for regular use, so that stays in my gym bag. i was enjoying the nutritive products but the "volume reduction" claim of the oleo relax slim line was very appealing to me. the first time i used the set i wasnt that impressed, but the second time i was BLOWN AWAY.
to get great results, i washed and used the masque. let my hair airdry substantially and applied the creme mostly to tips. used a bit of the nectar thermique and haphazardly blew it out, then i went to sleep. on waking i noticed it was dramatically smoother and more deflated than usual. i then ironed it as i normally would and WOW. completely sleek, smooth, salon hair. the best results i have EVER had by my own hand. after working a few hours in a somewhat humid environment, the smoothness stuck

so after this looong review, in summary: i highly recommend these products for damaged, thick textured hair prone to puff

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by calacarmen

rubbish product... does nothing as it says on the bottle.. definitely won't re-purchase.