Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

3.2

on 7/24/2010 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've tried this mascara in both black and shimmery brown, and I love them both. I need curl and length to my lashes and this really did that for me. The primer dries quickly and it's easy to apply the mascara afterwards. The packaging is also great as I love that it's dual-ended.

Absolutely my HG mascara before I started my cruelty-free life (therefore the ''no buying again'').

on 7/21/2010 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Disappointed. This mascara had no discernible effect on my lashes beyond darkening. No length, no volume, no curling. Even pairing this with my Lancome lash primer barely had any effect. Best thing I can say about it is that it doesn't clump and it wears well. Volume Clubbing is still my favorite Bourjois mascara.

on 7/4/2010 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I brought the Bourjois Coup De Theatre mascara in Noir Diva.
This mascara was a real waste of money, first of all it never gave my lashes the illusion of length or volume. The primer/ Act 1 is hopeless, did not do anything except coated my eyelashes white. The actual mascara/ Act 2 made it even worse, the black did not coat the white primer very well, no matter how I apply it, I can still notice a white on my eyelashes.
I give this mascara credit for not clumping and easy to remove, but that is about it. I've used mine about 6 times and I have not touched it ever since the last time of use which is several months ago.

on 6/20/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

At 8.99, this is quite an expensive mascara for a cheaper brand, and the effects do not justify the price. The only good thing about it is that the colour is a very dark black (and the packaging is quite snazzy too). There is no noticeable lash extension or improvement in volume, and the only way that this mascara makes any kind of impact is after I've used three coats, by which time my lashes are clumpy, crispy and heavy. It also smudged if I wore it longer than a couple of hours. Save your money!

I found this good for adding length - literal length (due to the fibres in the white basecoat), not just the illusion of length. I also found that it didn't clump very much. But I didn't find the black topcoat any good at adding volume. Nor was it black enough to create a dramatic effect. I ended up with longer, but thin and greyish-black lashes. I'm wary of these white base products as, unless the topcoat is thick and pigmented enough, you are only going to end up with a greyish tone. As I need volume and blackness more than length, I've checked no to repurchase.

on 6/6/2010 10:09:00 PM

What a dissapointment....I bought this in brown, because I really like long and thick lashes, but they look a bit much against my pale skin during the day. It takes forever to build up any sort of volume or length with this mascara (despite the 2 in 1 claims), the best it does is softly define and tint my lashes. The texture is very wet, which I can't say I like, although it washes off nicely at the end of the day. Doesn't flake or smudge either. Thank goodness it was on sale!

on 4/15/2010 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in the electric blue colour and bought it as it was on sale! (around $10 AU) It doesn't have much curl tension but does define quite well! The colour is very pretty... I might invest in the normal black colour too! I didn't find any clumping or flaking with this mascara....

this was recommended to me by my friend as the best mascara ever. For me it falls just short of that. It doesnt add any volume for me at all but it lengthens really nicely. Doesnt give as much impact as i'd like from a mascara but is a great mascara for everyday to make my lashes look naturaly super flirty :)

on 3/13/2010 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What: Boujois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 Mascara
Where: Superdrug
Price: 3.50
Why: Loved how it looked on the model
Did it work: No
Look: Very unique, modern
Good points: Packaging
Bad points: No length, volume. Clumps and flaking
Extra comments: Very disappointing
Overall rating: 2
Packaging Quality: 4
Price: 2
Would I buy again: No
Would work for: I wouldn't recommend to anyone

I tried this on at Ulta today and fell in love! I have light thinnish lashes and this just made them POP! I was super disappointed when I found out they were out of stock though. I will definitely order online or perhaps go back shortly to buy it. Cute, fun line of products. I went to buy the Healthy Mix Foundation (see my review!) and fell in love with this line. Products are girlie, fun and a great perk-me-up. Not badly priced and love Ulta for letting you just sit and play!

Popular Mascaras