November 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Glitter Eye Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by najee

I really like this product, I've used it for years and it's great, it tugs when you put it on though so i had to give it a 4. I've gone to sleep with my makeup on and gotten up the next morning to find it looking the same way it did when i had just applied it. I have it in trailer trash white with silver glitter its one of my all time faves I would defiantly buy this product again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by hangsta

This glitter eye liner pencil was a huge let down for me. It's dual ended, one end with the pencil, the other with a smudge brush, also came with a sharpener, Application does not go on smoothly at all, you have to press down hard to get some color, therefore the color dosen't show up much either. The only thing I like was the pencil sharpener...just because I needed a new one. I would not buy this product again in any other colors, waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2006 7:19:00 AM More reviews by oppelin

I expected much more from Hard Candy since their eyeshadows are so good. These barely show up, break easily at the tip, don't seem to give off much glitter and are quite expensive. I have two in the pink and gold one. I would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by tigerrouge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this product in a range of colours, though I mostly use Galaxy (black with silver glitter). The product I buy in the UK sounds as if it is a different version, as it doesn't come with a brush-smudger or a sharpener.

The formulation itself, I find is good - goes on easily, lasts well on its own, gives strong colour with a hint of glitter, and does not irritate my eyes (important to a contact lens wearer).

I use it every day as a liner for the outer corners of my eyes, to give a bit of semi-glam definition - but I would never use it for any precision eyelining, as it's too soft; it's best used for smudge effects.

Have repurchased several times over the past two years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2006 11:20:00 PM More reviews by effboysinthebutt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I own this in several colors. The problems of it breaking or being hard can easily be fixed by letting the eyeliner rest on your finger tip for a minute. The heat from your hand softens it up and helps it go on a little better. I love this... I dont know why anyone is having such a problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2006 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MegamiAG

My first bad review, and of a product that's from the sister company of my all time favorite too. :(

Hard Candy's glitter eyeliner pencil in Galaxy (black with silver glitter) was the very first makeup product I ever bought. Ever. Back then, I didn't quite get how to use it, so it ended up getting thrown out some months down the line when I got out of my pre-teen makeup phase. I repurchased it as an adult with a TINY bit more makeup experience and I am REALLY disappointed by this product. I think I got to use it a grand total of three times before I got so frustrated with the tip breaking EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. that I had to move on.

The color's great, the sparkles are great, even the formulation once you get it to work with you is great. I just will never, ever, ever buy a $15 eyeliner pencil that CONSTANTLY keeps breaking again. Very disappointed. :( I will stick to using Urban Decay's Oilslick eyeshadow as a black glittery liner and suggest you go that route before buying this pencil. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2006 11:54:00 PM More reviews by selecu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The company must have reformulated or otherwise changed this liner, because mine didn't come with a funky brush/smudger or sharpener. However, the liner itself is great. I got Hyper, brown with gold glitter, and paired with shimmery brown shadow and eggplant mascara, my blue eyes really pop. If not well-sharpened, the glitter can irritate the lid on application, but otherwise applies creamy and beautiful. You can definitely see the glitter, but it's not at all gawdy. Long-lasting, moreso than most other liners that fade after a few hours. Until I find a more reasonably priced glitter liner, I will continue to repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2006 6:36:00 PM More reviews by specialkalle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black with silver glitter. The liner is waxy and hard, and it's really just crappy for $15. And while the brush at the end is cute, it serves no purpose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Always get compliments when I wear this. Have it in Hyper (brown with gold glitter). If you want something more dramatic, I wouldn't recommend this. But it does have a decent amount of glitter, where it catches the light and looks gorgeous. I only wear it on my lower lashes for a subtle effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2005 5:56:00 AM More reviews by filmgal66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The tip is hard and the glitter doesn't show up very well. The brush at one end of the pencil is totally gratuitous. I don't know why I bother with Hard Candy products.