October 23, 2014 | 1533 users online

Pressed Powders - The Body Shop - Pressed Face Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 5:40:00 AM More reviews by EbLe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

this product it horrible! it ruined my life and i broke out a lot! i cry everytime it goes on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

*This is a comparison review*
I use powder only to set my concealer and as a light dusting to finish a look. Shade 04 matches me better than Mac Select Sheer in NC 40. This is fantastic news because the Body Shop offers me more product for less money.
I don't have trouble with oxidising, but I do have to touch up my forehead and nose after three hours - this is no worse than the Select Sheer.
But the sponge that comes with this is rubbish. The finish is more even when I use a brush and I end up looking slightly more natural than with the Mac powder.
Overall the Body Shop compact is better value in terms of quantity, quality and price.
It's a terrific deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by waspandbee

This product caused me to break out, and it is actually quite uncomfortable on the skin during the summer. The soft sponge provided with the powder requires frequent cleaning so as to prevent bacteria, they shouldn't include it in the packaging as the powder puff is of a low quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:03:00 PM More reviews by liis

I bought this the other day as to go over my other TBS foundation. I expressed my concern on how my foundation last long to the sales assistant and was told that a pressed powder would 'set' my foundation, so I purchased this powder in shade 02. I'm pleasantly suprised that is DOES set my foundaton, and just finishes off my foundation look so it's more natural and not cakey at all. I'm suprised at the comments on here!! I would recommend and by this again. The compact it comes in is very sleek aswell! I used TBS face/body brush to apply in a downward motion so as to attract the little hairs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it.
I put a light layer of this as the finish to my makeup routine. Goes on well. Matches my skin tone. Light.
I might try something different after I use this up just because its the only face powder I've ever tried but I'm happy with it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Smile12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought The Body Shop Pressed Powder in shade 02. I have fair skin and found that the shade was a good match to my skin tone. The packaging is quite attractive as the mirror is quite a good size and the compact looks really smart.

However, for me this is as good as it got. I did not like this product at all, which is disapointing as I love other products from The Body Shop such as the blushers and eyeshadows. The powder seemed to dry out my skin and rather than providing a smooth finish as I expected, it seemed to draw attention to any blemishes. I do have quite sensitive skin that tends to dry in some areas so this product did not help at all. I think it is overpriced and not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a hand-me-down from my little sister (my little sister has more make-up collection than I do. LOL!). I'm not really a big fan of The Body Shop so I know nothing about it, but of course, since it's a hand-me-down, I gave it a try.

I don't really like this pressed powder. I know that it's expensive, I think it's overpriced as well. I'm not really "wow"-ed with The Body Shop's make-ups and skin cares.

I use this as a touch up whenever my face feels oily and I'm on a day out. First, the color is too dark for me. (I have a lighter skin color than my sister). My skin color is NC35 / NC30 (in between, I guess.) and The Body Shop's pressed face-powder is #06. It's too dark, plus, it gets oily very fast too. Not to mention it's very cakey. I remember once, I re-touched my powder on the way home. While I was walking towards our place, I checked the mirror and BOOM! The powder is sooo cakey! I immediately took everything off with a clean tissue!

I will NEVER EVER use up my own money to buy any products from The Body Shop...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Hullah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed by this product, a lot of my friends liked The Body Shop, so I tried this powder out. I thought it was quite expensive, but was told it was good... It makes my skin very dry, and doesn't really work as well as the lady from the store told me.... BUT the colour is very similar to my own skin, which can be hard to find...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by VickyS169318

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the best pressed powder i have ever used. Firstly because i got the lighest shade and it wasnt too dark!
It doesnt look powdery at all which some pressed powders usually do and i like the packaging.
overall i think it is good quality but maybe slightly too expensive,

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 1:36:00 AM More reviews by elchan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i LOVE how this powder looks when u first put it on, but it gets oily and shiny way too quickly. i have oily skin anyway, but i feel like with this powder i have to constantly re-apply. when i first applied it, i was amazed at how great my skin looked. in looked tanned and flawless and not chalky like other powders make me look.
if it lasted longer, this would be my god-send, but too shiny.... :(