October 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Polishes - OPI - Romeo & Joliet

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by lynnmariec

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite burgundy nail polish ever! I usually wear this one in the fall and probably will again very soon. I brought this to a pedicure last october and loved it immediately! This one looks great with all the metallics and bronze/copper colors out there now...I have a pair of chunky bronze wedges that this color just complimented perfectly and wore the heck out them last fall! Definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by gowings19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gah, I love this color!! It's definitely in my top 5. Dark, rusty garnet red with shimmer. Application's great - even I can't screw it up. It's the perfect fall color - just like turning leaves.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by gwenee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this colour! i am so glad i decided to go and get this! my first dark red/burgandy/brown colour! looks fab on my nails. it is the perfect mix of those 3 colours, not too brown or red and just perfect! i will be wearing this more often when fall comes. will repurchase if i run out of it. if you are thinking of getting this, don't hesitate!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 12:32:00 AM More reviews by hemitonium

Gorgeous maroon-burgundy with a copper shimmer. Easy application. I could even put it on my dominant hand's nails without making much of a mess. Great for date night! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2011 5:37:00 AM More reviews by prettyfacades

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this now. It's a very nice dark burgundy, without much brown, just a darkened red shimmer. Very vampy and boudoir-ish.

EDIT: I don't really like this now. Maybe my skin colour has changed or something but this is just blah to me now. I used to really love this like 3 years ago, I don't know what happened.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by basquette

My first meeting with OPI and I LOVE this color as well as the polish. Easy application and a FANTASTIC color! A rich, dark red with a bronze tint in the light! So elegant! It is a bit darker than what I expected (I use two applications) but nonetheless very beautiful! Recommend this to everyone, just about! :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Utopia22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color has got character! Very unique without being too weird, love it!

It was my very first OPI nail polish and I was so happy with it! I bought it because it matched a brownish-with-dark-red-accents dress of mine brilliantly. It's a very deep red brown with shimmer and copper/brown tones. Makes an amazing Christmas/Romance color and it matches better with my winter clothes.

I don't know about prices in the USA, but here in Belgium, a bottle of OPI costs 13.99 euros (about 18.7$). A bit too pricey for me, even for the good OPI quality, but I've discovered Ebay stores where they sell great OPI's at half the price so hooray:-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Romeo & Joliet is a red with a deep coppery brown shimmer color. Actually, it's one of my very first OPI collections when in those day, I only had about 10. Now, I am embarrassed to tell how many I have got. But nevertheless, this color is not too deep red, not totally brown but I guess is somewhere in between. I put it on my nails and it's more red but you can still see the coppery brown. I normally use it in winter because it really is a nice warm winter color. However, I haven't made a visit for a while since then, I've so many different color to choose from. But if I want to look sultric, I will put it on again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 5:07:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I LOVE this color! This is my shade of red that I absolutely love. I don't like bright ruby reds or shiny reds either, but this is what i'm looking for. It's got a nice coppery-brown undertone to it and that makes it a rusty red color. To me, it doesn't look like a dominant brown color. It's more red than brown and that's what i like, a nice blend. I actually found this shade because I was trying to color match Chanel's Tulipe Noir, but pay less. And this shade is pretty on spot. I couldn't even tell the difference! I've always wanted a dark red to wear all the time, and this will be IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Cmo1987

I love this color.... I am all about dark shades. The slight shimmer to this is really nice. I have very short nails that I usually bite, but I am on a mission to grow them out, and this color looks nice on short nails.
It doesn't hurt that I live in a town called Joliet,IL which is right by Romeoville, IL so I LOVE the name.