September 2, 2014 | 1999 users online

Treatments - Witchcraft Nail Hardener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I purchased this at Wal-mart for around $8 CAN I believe, and am really glad that I did!
For a girl that has brittle (they break easily) and flaking nails, I wanted something that would make my nails stronger. I work at a bookstore as well, and no matter what I did, sticking my hands in and out of the books also seems to ruin my nails.
Anyways, this stuff is great! I wear two coats underneath my regular nail polish, and one on top. It keeps my nails strong, and my polish long lasting.
The only time I get breaking is when the polish begins to chip off the tips of the nails. I agree with the MUAer that said that when they don't wear this treatment, their nails get very brittle. This is the same for me, and though it's annoying, I just try to keep up with the treatments (applying at least once a week).
The smell isn't that great either, it's super strong, but I just do my nails outside in this case.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by ebarb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thanks to the reviews and comments regarding this product on MakeupAlley my nails are growing!! I hadn't gotten a manicure for a bit and even my nail technician asked what I was using! It makes your nails very strong and I noticed a difference within days of beginning to use. I had to order from a company in Canada and they had amazing customer service and got the product to me much faster than I expected. I have terrible nails and highly recommend this product. One caution - do be careful about making sure to keep it away from your cuticles as much as possible.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 5:04:00 PM More reviews by zee81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My nails take a beating everyday, and I know that witchcraft keeps my nails a lot stronger than they would be otherwise. I apply it as a basecoat when I do my weekly mani and it does wonders to strengthen my nails. Before witchcraft my nails were notorious for peeling/chipping. I didn't think that there was any way to save them but I bought it on a recommendation for a cosmetician at Shoppers and I haven't looked back. They have since discontinued it and I now buy it at Wal-mart and Superstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ascopes

THE ONLY PRODUCT THAT HELPS MY NAILS GROW! This stuff is a god sent! and my hg product! It doesn't ruin your nails and it makes them super hard! They will not chip or crack with witchcraft on top...I've been buying this product for years and will never buy anything else. It's because of witchcraft that I have long beautiful nails.

Years ago I used to wear acrylic nails. I kept getting them re filled...for about 2 year straight. When I finally decided that I didn't want fake nails anymore and took them off, my nails were in bad shape. Extremely weak and always chipping. Someone suggested witchcraft and within a week, my nails were so much better. after a month, they were very strong. This is a must have product for anyone with weak nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sormag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have nails that crack and was suggested to use a nail hardener.
Anyhow...I went to walmart, and picked this one out b/c of the good reviews.
The first time i used it i can't stop myself from touching my nails for the whole day...b/c they feel HARD!
and so i had been using it as a base coat or just use it alone

i used 1/3 of the bottle now...and my nail haven't crack anymore!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would have given this hardener 5 out of 5 if it hadn't dried out my nails to the point where the surface layer peeled. Sadly, my long nails had to be cut and trimmed because of this, so the drying totally canceled out the hardening effect. Aside from the dryness, this caused no other problems for my nails. I was able to harden them enough to a decent length, and wear polish over as well (though I did have a base coat over Witchcraft). I recommend this hardener if you don't have super problem nails like I do, and want to increase length dramatically.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:12:00 AM More reviews by bellaraggazza

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tried all the drugstore brands from cheap to expensive and did not
Want to go back to acrylic...then read reviews on MUA
Found it on Ebay.. It works great.use a very thin coat it makes my
Nails strong but not brittle... You bet I will buy again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2008 3:43:00 PM More reviews by fluppydog

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Seems to speed up nail growth quite a bit but If you want to keep your natural nails long I suggest you try something less harsh. My nails got long quick but were peeling and breaking if I didn't have the hardener on, and if it was cold outside I found my nails chipped easily. Stays on well and looks really shiny by itself but yellows easily. If you are going to use I recommend getting the cuticle pen and using that whenever you don't have polish on to help battle the drying effects of the hardener.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Mahal_Princesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product. I have weak nails that is prone to breakage. I usually keep my nails short but when I need to grow them long for french tip manicures I always reach for this nail hardner. Works great for strengthening my nails and keeping them long. It can chip a bit but no biggie. I just reapply every 2-3 days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2008 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Azezam

I am in love with this treatment. My nails are naturally weak, ridged, and tend to curl once they grow even the smallest bit past my nailbed. I've been using this hardener this the beginning of January (was recommended to me by the lovely Nail Board ladies), and it honestly is a miracle product. Today provides a perfect example of how well it works: My nails have been naked since Friday. I filed the edges a bit to shorten my curling nails and then put on 2 coats of this Saturday night. Sunday morning, I put on 2 coats of OPI Up Front& Personal and Revlon Top Coat. My nails are straight as can be and insanely strong- and this is even after cooking dinner and washing a whole sink of dishes with no gloves! :-O Love love love. I highly recommend this to anyone who needs to strengthen their nails. Didn't do much for my ridges though, as far as I can tell, but that's ok with me... my ridges aren't too bad.