MAC 4-pan

4.7

on 8/10/2010 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great to organize looks and shades that go together well. Helps me not to get overwhelmed with all the e/s I bought and keep colors that go together - together.

on 8/10/2010 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a great little palette for travelling or when you don't want to be carrying around the 15 e/s palette.

on 7/5/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The new palette looks great but I love the old format of this palette practicality wise, it was slimmer, the bevelled edges meant it fit in my makeup purse better, and I preferred the click close.

The new palette is bulkier, it's difficult to get the pans out as there are no indents, it has a magnetic closure and the sharp triangle hinge is annoying, and painful if you scratch yourself with it.

Also the magnetic base is now in the removable tray, so if you remove the tray like I do to fit more in, you have no magnetised base (unlike the old case where the base was magnetised). Once the tray is out, there are deep indents along the base so you don't even have a good flat surface to put magnets or pans on - you lose about 1/4 of the base to the indents which to me defeats the purpose of a removable tray. I ended up having to use velcro dots to stick pans on with because they were the only thing flexible enough, argh!

While it does look cool, if I'm being honest it looks like it's modelled on the Z palette. Sadly the small Z palettes are just too big for my portable case, which is why I preferred the MAC quad. Here in NZ MAC palettes aren't cheap, so while the palette is prettier, I really am disappointed in the poor practicality vs. the high price.

The old palette I'd give a 5, the new one gets a 3, purely for looks; don't fix what isn't broken I say.

on 5/30/2010 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is perfect for those needing an everyday compact, where you can put 4 shadows in, and do your makeup on the go or take with you on vacation.

on 5/30/2010 8:06:00 AM

A good easy streamlined way to carry around your MAC shadows. For the price, I feel like purchasing the 15-pan is more cost effective, but if you only want someting to carry your quad around in, this is for you. Sturdy and reliable, would be great if came with a mirror.

on 4/19/2010 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS: sleek, sturdy, clear lid so you can see contents, pretty reasonable price for MAC
CONS: no mirror, top gets scratched

on 4/3/2010 12:05:00 AM

A handy and compact way to store a bunch of MAC shadows. The only pain is having to depot shadows if you buy them in the pot. Very reasonable price at the MAC store. Mine was only $5.00
I almost bought one on Ebay but would have had to pay a lot for shipping so I'm glad I went to the store cause they're not that pricey!

on 3/7/2010 8:40:00 PM

this is great for on the road. i have a lot of mac eyeshadows and i have i think 5 or 6 of these mac palettes. i can put the shadows that im using for the day in this and i throw it in my makeup bag and im good to go. i like this for traveling because its so sleek and small. all of macs palettes are great!!

on 12/6/2009 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I love that I can make my own quads. Only 3.50 for one and the refil; is 11 which = 14.50 the cost of one shadow in its own pot. This way I can get 3 more at only 11 dollars and they can be portable for wherever I want to take them. Im going to get a couple more so I can start making more quads.

on 11/24/2009 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Wow.....this palette is amazing!! I like the fact that I can take 4 colours in ONE container when I travel - talk about convenience. I'm thinking of purchasing the 15 palette as well. I feel sooo organized with these palettes. MAC...you rock!!

Popular Palettes