January 27, 2015 | 967 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Natashaaxo

This brush was really expensive and to be honest, wasn't completely worth it to me. I use it as an eyeliner brush to create a simple cat-eye look but it never works for me. I have the Sigma angled brush and it is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush every single day to do my brows. It is the only brush I reach for for that purpose.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by nailpolishdebby

The first experience I had with a version of this brush was from a (really well done) 2001 Nordstrom Anniversary set of 5 SE brushes : 129SE, 224SE, 316SE, 213SE and the 266SE. I still have 4 of the five brushes, with the exception of the 266SE which my mom took and never gave back. I didn't think of getting a replacement for years, until the 2nd set of MAC SE Nordstrom AnniversayBrushes came out a year or 2 later.

The 1st set 266SE had thinner bristles and a not too fluffy brush head. So it made fine,thin lines when used with gel or powder. It looked more like the 208/263.The 2nd set 266SE had much much thicker bristles, so a much fuller brush head. Which is why it didn't work so well @ fine lines with gel liner or powder. I didn't get the full size one because I baught a cheap but good one from Beauty Buffett.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but there is a point. I went to CCO and was thrilled when I saw that they had a full size MAC angled liner brush that was thin. Imagine my surprise when I realized it was the full size 266! What threw me off was that it was half the thickness of the 266SE from the 2nd set and looked more like the one from the first set. It makes good lines with powder and gel liner. Not super finee ones but good if you don't have a steady hand or new to lineing with a brush. Or want a thicker line.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this brush is hit or miss. You either get one that's fine or thick. And they vary from SE short handles as much as with the regular size ones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the 266SE with the red handle in a swap. I like it very much. I use it for my brows. I have used to apply gel, wax and powder. It makes a fine line above and below your brows and is great for filling in. I plan to buy the regular 266 soon. I haven't tried to use it for eyeliner. For me, I personally think the bristles are too thick.
update: I purchased the regular 266. It's too flimsy to use for my brows. I will try it for eyeliner.
I will continue to use the SE for my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Love this brush! I have used as an eyeliner brush with three of the MAC fliudline gels (Dipdown, Blacktrack, and Blitz and Glitz), and all worked well with this brush. I bought the elf angled eyeliner brush for $3, and while the elf brush is cheaper, I still turn to this MAC brush and will repurchase again. I probably will have to soon, since I have had this brush for four years, and the bristles are starting to feel more rough and are starting to separate. I also admittedly didn't take the greatest care of this brush though.

I noticed that some reviewers think that the line is too thick, but I actually love this brush, bc it makes eyeliner application so much faster and easier specifically because it makes a more pigmented line -- liquid liner takes me forever.

I would highly recommend asking the MAC sales associate to test out this brush with MAC Fluidline gel on your eyes to make sure that you actually like it on yourself prior to purchasing, so you are not surprised later at home about its application.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I hate this brush. I bought it to use as an eyeliner brush but the application was too thick that it makes my eyes like panda. In the end, I am using it as brow definer. The price is quite hefty for a small brush but after this experience I will never purchase MAC brushes anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by brittanylaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently purchased a MAC 266... I was so excited after reading all the reviews. But when I got it home to test it out I thought I had purched the wrong brush!! Because mine was double the size in thinkness of a normal super thin angled 266! Mine is thick, barely angled, and an overall dissapointment. I took it back to the MAC counter and returned it. I decided to order a new one and hopefully this one will be the razor thin brush that I have been wanting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I had no idea when I bought this brush that it was for brows which I didn't really need at the time. I use it for blending shadow and it does quite a decent job but I'm not sure I would have bought it just for that purpose.

UPDATE: I did eventually need an eyebrow brush for my pomade and have been using this one regularly for the past 4-5 months or so. Disappointed that the brush came off and I had to glue it back. MAC brushes are obviously not forever. And it could do with a cover for travelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I use the 266 for filling in my brows, itís both razor thin and has an angled tip which makes it efficient for eyebrows. I used the 266 everyday with my Benefit Brow-Zings kit but now I use with my MUFE Aqua Brow. Itís so precise at tracing my natural eyebrow shape and applying the brow powder exactly where I need it to be, especially when I want to extend my natural tail-end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this for more 10 years and it's still good as new. Thats what I love about MAC brushes. If you take care of them, they will last forever.
the 266 is a versatile brush that I use as a eyeliner or brow liner. Its tip is very thin and this is a pretty soft brush which means it's perfect for creating cat eyes or using this with brow powders. A must have!