December 22, 2014 | 1753 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 266 Thin Small Angle (natural hair)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I received the 266SE with the red handle in a swap. I like it very much. I use it for my brows. I have used to apply gel, wax and powder. It makes a fine line above and below your brows and is great for filling in. I plan to buy the regular 266 soon. I haven't tried to use it for eyeliner. For me, I personally think the bristles are too thick.
update: I purchased the regular 266. It's too flimsy to use for my brows. I will try it for eyeliner.
I will continue to use the SE for my brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Love this brush! I have used as an eyeliner brush with three of the MAC fliudline gels (Dipdown, Blacktrack, and Blitz and Glitz), and all worked well with this brush. I bought the elf angled eyeliner brush for $3, and while the elf brush is cheaper, I still turn to this MAC brush and will repurchase again. I probably will have to soon, since I have had this brush for four years, and the bristles are starting to feel more rough and are starting to separate. I also admittedly didn't take the greatest care of this brush though.

I noticed that some reviewers think that the line is too thick, but I actually love this brush, bc it makes eyeliner application so much faster and easier specifically because it makes a more pigmented line -- liquid liner takes me forever.

I would highly recommend asking the MAC sales associate to test out this brush with MAC Fluidline gel on your eyes to make sure that you actually like it on yourself prior to purchasing, so you are not surprised later at home about its application.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say I hate this brush. I bought it to use as an eyeliner brush but the application was too thick that it makes my eyes like panda. In the end, I am using it as brow definer. The price is quite hefty for a small brush but after this experience I will never purchase MAC brushes anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by brittanylaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently purchased a MAC 266... I was so excited after reading all the reviews. But when I got it home to test it out I thought I had purched the wrong brush!! Because mine was double the size in thinkness of a normal super thin angled 266! Mine is thick, barely angled, and an overall dissapointment. I took it back to the MAC counter and returned it. I decided to order a new one and hopefully this one will be the razor thin brush that I have been wanting.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I had no idea when I bought this brush that it was for brows which I didn't really need at the time. I use it for blending shadow and it does quite a decent job but I'm not sure I would have bought it just for that purpose.

UPDATE: I did eventually need an eyebrow brush for my pomade and have been using this one regularly for the past 4-5 months or so. Disappointed that the brush came off and I had to glue it back. MAC brushes are obviously not forever. And it could do with a cover for travelling.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I use the 266 for filling in my brows, itís both razor thin and has an angled tip which makes it efficient for eyebrows. I used the 266 everyday with my Benefit Brow-Zings kit but now I use with my MUFE Aqua Brow. Itís so precise at tracing my natural eyebrow shape and applying the brow powder exactly where I need it to be, especially when I want to extend my natural tail-end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this for more 10 years and it's still good as new. Thats what I love about MAC brushes. If you take care of them, they will last forever.
the 266 is a versatile brush that I use as a eyeliner or brow liner. Its tip is very thin and this is a pretty soft brush which means it's perfect for creating cat eyes or using this with brow powders. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had my #266 brush for only a year so far & I don't know how I managed without it all these years! This brush is so precise, flexible, yet firm enough to make a crisp line. I do a thick cat eye whenever I wear makeup and this brush + the blacktrack gel liner is perfect perfect PERFECT! When this brush kicks the bucket, I'll be sure to replace it with another 266.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by honeybunny26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite eyeliner brush. My last one lasted 8 years and I finally had to buy another because some bristles are starting to go in different directions and the line drawn is not as thing as before. This brush lasts a really good amount of time. It probably would'
ve lasted longer if I took better care of it too. This brush put the eyeliner on in one sweep. It's the perfect and quick line. Takes me several seconds and I am done! I highly recommend this brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm CRAZY for this brush! Out of my 5 MAC brushes, this is my favorite! I use it to apply eyeshadow on my lower lash line, since liquid eyeliner doesn't work with me. It's super thin and allows me to put eyeshadow only where I want it. I have no complaints against this brush. It's the BEST!