October 24, 2014 | 1356 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Colorstay Nail color

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by nobelprizeforshopping

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has just launched in the UK and the claim is that it competes against shellac etc with 11 days wear guaranteed. Bollocks. When I tried this it chipped within an hour of drying and was pretty much trashed after 2 days of wear. Admittedly it's marginally less bad than regular Revlon polish but that's nothing to boast about. I gave it 2 lippies because the flatter, wider brush is nice and it's opaque in one coat but the polish takes an age to dry and it also dries lumpy. Using a fast dry top coat just makes it peel off after a day or so. The only way in which it compares with Shellac is in the glossy finish and stupendously boring range of shades. It's also expensive for a drugstore brand.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does last longer than regular polish on my nails. Not a huge color range that I am interested in though. I like Zoya colors better.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ohno1

I have mixed feelings about this. I got two - red (I think red carpet) and provence (a lilac color).

I did find these had good lasting power. However, they are difficult to apply evenly and go on really thick. I really don't like wasting my time with polishes like this because it can be several dedicated hours to not doing anything with my hands when the polish is so thick and slow to dry. Also, the double brush is weird and does not help in application in any way.

I did like the actual colors quite a bit - it was a pretty red and a pretty lilac for sure. Yet I haven't reached for either again since the first time. I won't buy again.

I recommend the regular Revlon polishes instead - they last a decent length of time for DS polishes, come in a lot of colors that change pretty often, and most of the formulas are really nice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

I was fooled by the Colourstay label into buying this. Don't! The polish is super sheer so you need at least 3 coats (or maybe it's just because I bought the sparkly white one, Always Cool), and it chips really, really easily. There's no staying power at all, and what doesn't chip off is a pain to remove.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by albs

I have this in Fall Mood. I adore the colour, it's a gorgeous shimmery/slightly sparkly bronze. Unfortunately it doesn't even last 24 hours on me without chipping. It's a real shame but it won't stop me from wearing it because I love the colour so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by hotmom23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Got this in Provence, a bluish lilac colour which is very pretty. Unfortunately, the polish is so thick and blobby it comes out looking streaky with one coat and ridged and streaky with the second one. Applying a third coat gets rid of the streaks only to be replaced with lumps and bumps. It looks like a four year old did my nails (I'm not that inexperienced!) Also as others have said it takes a ridiculously long time to dry. It is still literally in a "wet" state after about five minutes. (I lightly tapped my nail with my finger and expected little to no tackiness but instead got gooey polish and ruined the nail). Using Seche Vite helped in the drying department but it doesn't hide the lumpiness.

Can't speak to how long it lasts because I've tried three times and cannot get a good application, so back to the store it goes. Disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by violet616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this polish but I find it chips just as easily if not more than my other cheapie Sally Hansen polishes. It's a lot thicker than other formulas so you can probably get by with 1 coat but I like 2. The long-lasting shine is nice, however.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff for my toes because I can use two coats plus the topcoat and they look perfect for WEEKS. But I hate it on my fingernails. It takes FOR-EVER to dry - like hours. It's easy to walk around barefoot all day but impossible to sit around with your hands laying on the table all day. And if you use 2 coats, you really honestly need to wait like 24 hours in between coats or it just never sets up properly. So what I usually do for my toes is to paint one coat, then another coat 24 hours later, then the top coat 24 hours after that. Removing it is a super human feat. It takes 10x the number of cotton pads and half a bottle of remover. So it's just way too difficult and time consuming for fingers, but it's great for toes because you can just forget about it for weeks at a time. I would buy it again but only for toes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ShawP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This polish is a 2-part system with color and a durable topcoat. I bought this in "Always Sheer Buff" which is a sheer white/pink color (great for my job as a nurse). 1, maybe 2, coats are applied followed by the topcoat. Nice,shiny finish that lasts. I like it because it is the only polish system that can withstand all the handwashes in nursing. I've worn it the whole entire week and not 1 chip. Most other polishes chip on the first working day after I've polished. Because of that, I gave up polishing my fingernails. With this color, it is sheer enough to be professional and pretty. However, like others have said, dang it takes way too long to dry! I've woken up to dents and dings on my nails.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colour i got was in sheer camisole and it was very streaky, it took a long time to dry, appears almost white when it's supposed to be pink and is really easy to get off. Even if you wait a day or two, you can still shape the nail polish like its mouldable? very disappointed because i like the rest of the revlon colorstay products =/