Sonia Kashuk Mascara Spoolie Brush

Price: $

on 7/23/2010 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This was a very good find because it was cheap, sturdy and does the job well. It's perfect for brushing clumps out of lashes, and brushing brows into place. Amazing!

on 3/26/2010 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great brush. Dirt cheap and perfect for eyebrows and eyelashes alike. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

As others have said, it's pretty hard to mess up a spoolie, but I am impressed with the sturdiness of SK's. I have already purchased two, and at under $2 a pop, it's a steal for an essential item.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As others have said, a spoolie is a spoolie. I got it because it matched the rest of my SK brushes and now I have the complete set. It does its job well and works great on eyebrows.

on 10/5/2009 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This product is what it is...I think it would be hard to mess up a plain spoolie. I use mine to separate my lashes and it works great for that, although getting the mascara off the bristles can be a pain. I just clean it with a baby wipe, though, takes it right off. It's a good product, only starting to bend after a year of use. I'm sure I'll repurchase eventually, although I just picked up an ELF spoolie so I hope I won't need to anytime soon.

on 7/20/2009 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Love this spoolie, perfect for grooming brows, and combing through lashes after applying mascara to get rid of clumps. Can't beat the price, a steal at $1.99!

on 2/7/2007 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

did not care for this, although it has such high ratings I had to try it. I do not use on my eyebrows, I use it to de-clump my lashes after applying mascara. does not work. also, about two seconds after I took this out of the package, the handle came off the metal top part. I had to stick them back together. not an expensive product, but still! If you want to de-clump lashes I would suggest getting an eyebrow brush (with bristles, not plastic or metal and not spoolie shaped). those work much better and are much softer. going to return this.

on 3/12/2006 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Ladies ladies ladies. Great tool but don't buy it. Go to your local department store and pick up some extra free spoolies where they have the mascara samples. Lancome's is great. I know it's only $2 for Sonia Kashuk's but why bother when you can get a bunch for free and keep them everywhere for easy access.

on 5/5/2005 1:08:00 AM

Great!! Wish I had this long ago. Great tool for eliminating post-application clumping. Thank you, MUAers, for pointing me in the direction of this simple, impressive tool.

on 12/22/2004 1:18:00 AM

Cost me $2 (If that much!) and I use it to "brush" my eyelashes with prior to applying mascara (then I use the SK metal lash after the first coat of mascara) ... It preps the lashes nicely to be curled ... Seperates them so mascara goes on each lash evenly and no clumps!! That is all I ask for a mascara spoilie thing to do & it does it! For $2 each I am going to go and stock up on them "just to have" in case one breaks or I lose one! :o)

UPDATE: 3/27/04 ... Watch out ladies! They do break, BUT I learned that they are definitely made of wood. :o) Going to buy some more tomorrow! These are great to have on hand!! continued >>

Popular Makeup Brushes