April 23, 2014 | 1404 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would barely recommend this mascara to a middle schooler! Why in the world does this mascara have such a great reputation? At CVS this mascara has about 6 different versions in the Maybelline mascara section, which baffles me b/c Maybelline has incredible mascaras that are significantly better such as One-by-One, Falsies, and Define-a-Lash. I've used 3 different versions and didn't like any of them. It neither lengthened, separated, or volumized my lashes! Seriously, can I get at least one of these things?! Don't waste your $5!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lapislazuli17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't speak too highly of this mascara, but I have found it to be a nice part of my natural look. On my lashes it doesn't clump and it darkens them nicely in just one coating. But I don't notice any difference in volume or length. To me, it is a simple mascara and isn't too fussy. It has a decent brush, but I must say I have taken scoop brushes from older mascaras and washed them to replace the Great Lash wand. If this product had a scoop brush it would do a lot better at lengthening. The formula is so so. It isn't one of my absolute favorites, but it was cheap and served its purpose well.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by crystallw

While this mascara seems to work for some people, it doesn't work at all for me. This mascara has a wet formula that doesn't work at all with my short and thin Asian lashes. It doesn't hold a curl and it smudges really easily, especially if I tear up from a yawn. The only reason why I haven't thrown mine out yet is because it's okay as a base for a waterproof or tubing mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by gmd854

I like this mascara. I do not find it clumpy and the wand is perfect. The packaging could be better-looking, but the quality is fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overhyped and targeted I think for young teens and high schoolers. But for $1 more its much better to get L'Oreal or even a better Maybelline line choice.All it does is color lashes, which is fine, but then it dries out quick, melts in any warm weather, smudges with any amount of moisture, and ultimately It flakes, smudges, falls off for any length you build in a short period of time even under perfect conditions. Its heavily promoted so there is a misperception that its popular. But its just mediocre. Won't last in a full day at the office.

Update: Sep 2013
Still don't like it. I'm not against drugstore mascaras, but if you're going to do drugstore, may as well spend $1-$2 more and get L'Oreal Voluminous, Revlon, Maybelline Volume Express. Almay, E.L.F. anything but this that will do more than tint your lashes and smudge everywhere. #Aintnobodygottimeforthat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I used to think the best products were the most expensive but after spending $25 on a Dior mascara that I hated, I realized my error. You aren't supposed to keep mascara for more than a few months so buying cheap makes sense. I like this mascara's simplicity, price, and result. It's never clumpy, I can replace it often without breaking the bank, and I can usually buy it in a pack of two. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Megan725

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybelline "Great Lash" was a clumpy, drying mascara for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

I've tried many different mascaras (MAC, Estée Lauder, cover girl, revlon, Clinique, etched....) I ALWYS go back to this mascara. It's the perfect black, lengthens lashes, make them look so long and full. Only $4 and definitely beats the makeup counter brand mascaras at the mall. I've bought this again and again for years and will always! I took one lippie off b/c smudging can occurr if your not very careful.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 8:06:00 PM More reviews by myrarox123

I wanted to try mascara, so I got one for Christmas, and it was this one, I gave it a try and I absolutely loved it! If I splash water on my face with this one it doesn't smudge, or give me panda eyes! It's clump free and lengthening enough for every day! This is the BEST mascara EVER! I would definitely buy this again, and it's affordable!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by northerngal100

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know, I know - beauty editors top pick, a classic, etc. But this stuff is pretty terrible. It smudges everywhere, goes on thick and goopy - clumping your lashes and leaving a great deal of mess in its wake. The wash-off formula doesn't wash off well, so you end up having to use some almond oil or makeup remover to deal with it. I have naturally long lashes (lucky, I know - too bad they are blond), but I think this stuff makes them look stumpy! The brush leaves much to be desired since there is a lot of space between the bristles.

Now, I wasn't using "blackest black" but I think I can safely say that all the colours are likely the same quality of texture. It is only a $1 CAN cheaper than some of the other drugstore brands - and I would take my money elsewhere. Even maybelline makes other great mascaras (I am liking "plush" - even though it is an ugly tube and "full n' soft" never fails). I basically used this for a week and threw it out.