Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an oldie but goodie product. I used to use this in high school all the time and kind of forgot about it until I was searching the Maybelline section the other day. They stocked it way down at the bottom near the floor, so it is kind of hard to see.

I like this powder a lot. I find it works well with what it claims, which is oil control. It is a really nicely milled powder that I find, as others mentioned, does not cake up at all/not chalky on application. I can use it several times throughout the day. It glides on very smoothly and is hardly visable. I am NW 15 and got the lightest shade called Ivory. It blends well and almost is translucent, which I like. This is not going to provide any heavy coverage.

No scent, slim and sturdy packaging, and I like and use the puff it comes with.

I have no complaints about this powder. great drug store purchase that performs. I like it very much, and unfortunately for me, I like it better than the Mac Blot Powder I bought for 3x the price!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I purchased this powder in Soft Cameo. It does not control oil well for me, but it also never looks cakey. I feel like this color would suit NW15 very well. I also go through alot of product because I end up using it often during the day because well, it doesn't work well lol. I hit pan fast.

It would be a decent setting powder for an NW15 with normal/dry skin lol. I like that it comes with a mirror, and the pressed compact never leaked powder into my bag, despite the product being very powdery.

I give this product 3 out of 5 lippies. I bought this in Ivory. I couldn't wear this alone (it didn't cover very well), but it worked better over my 110 Fit Me liquid foundation. It did give me a matte look, but it also looked a little chalky in some areas. I prefer this powder over the 110 Fit Me powder. Besides having combination skin, I also have sensitive skin, and I'm happy to say that so far this product hasn't broken or dried me out. The packaging is a little plain, but I do like how slim it is. The price isn't too bad as I picked it up for $5. Powders have always been tricky for me in finding a good fit. I wouldn't call this one my favorite, but I would buy it again.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for a sheer pressed powder and found this at the grocery store for around $5. I bought mine in Soft Cameo, which seems to be neutral enough - neither too pink nor too yellow - for my pinky fair skin. There are times when the only makeup I want on my face is a little bit of concealer and some powder. This Maybelline sheer pressed powder has a good texture and does exactly what I need: it takes away shine and slightly neutrals out the pink skin without looking thick and dry and cakey (I'm looking at you, MAC Studio Fix). I don't have oily skin, it actually tends toward dryness, but it gets shiny from moisturizer. So if I don't want to do a full makeup, this powder takes off the shine. I'm so glad to have found this at the grocery store! And it's cheap as chips. Cheaper, actually, lol! I didn't give it 5 lippies because we're still in the honeymoon phase and I'm waiting to see what happens. I'm being a little reserved. Update May 30 2013 - I gave it all the stars. Why be stingey? This is great! It's also indestructible. I've dropped it twice and no cracked mirror or powder crumbles.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Best powder I've tried yet! It doesn't cake too bad - although it does on occasion, so I took one lippie off. It stops my shine & I don't need to constantly reapply it. I don't like the packaging but the product itself is fantastic!

This is my favorite pressed powder. I used to use ELF's HD Powder but I needed something slimmer and to put in my purse for touch-ups with my combination skin. I am in shade Light, which is a little too light, but it's okay, because the powder is translucent. The finish is soft and matte, but it looks a bit cakey, like any other pressed powder would be. Has a makeup-y smell to it so it doesn't bother me. This does what it says: absorbs the oil so great for on the go touch-ups. The compact itself it nice and slim, great for travel and for carrying in your purse, or even your pocket maybe. Has a nice size mirror inside and isn't messy at all. Great product!

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

2 things bothered me the most with this product.

1. It oxidizes ORANGE. I got it in the color Golden. So, I suppose it makes sense... BUT, the color in the pan doesn't look anywhere near orange. It looks like a yellowish tan.

2. It does apply a little cakey. Makes your face look chalky if you have dry skin.

The Maybelline loose powder works better for me, I think. I dunno! Lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great powder for anybody with sensitive/acne prone skin. Wears well, and last a long time without touchups.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I actually bought this randomly. I had never heard of it but needed a new powder to try. My skin starts out combination and just gets more and more oily as the day goes on. This one really covers up the oil. It is kind of powdery unless you apply it with a light touch. But it probably is meant to be powdery because that's how it works. I find that if it makes my face look cakey in certain areas (usually near my eyebrows where I have peach fuzz), I just take a clean fluffy brush and brush over that area to take away the excess powder. I do need to re-apply it after a few hours but I've never found a powder that lasts me all day, so this one is one of the best I've found.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been using this power for quite sometime and I have repurchased many times. I have tried different powders and I always come back to this one. The reason I come back to it is because I have a SUPER oily complexion and I have tried more expensive powders but they are not much different than this one. I buy this powder at Target for about $4. It's not worth it for me to buy a $25 powder because I powder so much through out the day.