April 21, 2014 | 938 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually bought this randomly. I had never heard of it but needed a new powder to try. My skin starts out combination and just gets more and more oily as the day goes on. This one really covers up the oil. It is kind of powdery unless you apply it with a light touch. But it probably is meant to be powdery because that's how it works. I find that if it makes my face look cakey in certain areas (usually near my eyebrows where I have peach fuzz), I just take a clean fluffy brush and brush over that area to take away the excess powder. I do need to re-apply it after a few hours but I've never found a powder that lasts me all day, so this one is one of the best I've found.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this power for quite sometime and I have repurchased many times. I have tried different powders and I always come back to this one. The reason I come back to it is because I have a SUPER oily complexion and I have tried more expensive powders but they are not much different than this one. I buy this powder at Target for about $4. It's not worth it for me to buy a $25 powder because I powder so much through out the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

Maybelline seems to have changed its entire product line but they kept this powder around and the same. I had never tried it until recently but I can see why its been kept. Its pretty good! Normaly I use Estee Lauder or Bobbi Brown and have even tried Cle de Peau, but I dare say, I might actually like this stuff more. I purchased the pressed powder in translucent and though I thought it would be too light, since I use tinted sunscreen it actually works out fine. I do have to put it on again after three or more hours, but that's because I have oily skin and would have to with any powder. But it gave a glow to my complexion that really seem to caught people's attention. This powder actually made me look BETTER. Like a lot. The packaging is terribly ugly but I just don't care. I don't think I'll ever be without this stuff from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder gives decent coverage and does well managing shine, though a couple touch-ups will be required throughout the day. I've been using Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder for years now, but I think I will be switching to this powder. I think it covers better, has more staying power, and overall looks better on my skin than the Cover Girl does.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by ariellezbellz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got it for only $5 at Ulta and it was a pretty good purchase. It keeps me shine free for everyday use, but not if I'm going out dancing or to the amusement park. It's a nice product but the packaging is ugly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this powder!!! I use it in my purse for touch ups when I normally wear a mineral powder foundation that I keep at home. This doesnt show up cakey or powdery or too pale at all. Its just great for touch ups and I love the dark blue packaging...its very sleek and skinny so it fits great in my purses : )

I hope maybelline never gets rid of this!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by LiveLifeLydz

I'm so in love with this powder, I love lightweight makeup and so when I found this I just had to try it! I got this in the natural beige and was kinda worried that it would make my skin look a little darker than the rest of my body, but surprisingly it matched and blended perfectly. I use this with Revlon's ColorStay in Nude because the foundation also controls my oily skin and since this powder says it controls oil, it does just that and really controls the shine. I also love that its very lightweight and translucent which gives me an airbrushed appearance and doesn't make my makeup look cakey, I take very great care of my skin and so I barely wear makeup. I gave it 4 lippies because I do have to touch up (obviously) there's no magic powder that stays on for 24 hrs (but if there is, please prove me wrong and let me know! lol) It control my oil and gives my face a matte airbrushed look, but I only find myself touching up only once and I'm set again:)

Overall I really love this powder and I hope Maybelline never discontinues this product, its my HG in powder and I would go nuts without it!

I would recommend this to girls with oily skin, but if you do tend to breakout often, i wouldnt recommend this because of its light sheer finish. Unless you have a good foundation that gives great coverage.
Any girl looking for a powder with a light sheer finish that can look natural and keep the oily shine under control, this is the powder for you. (Just be sure you find the right shade, since shades are limited)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My compact cracked so had to get one fast
Price: $6.73 USD
Pkg: square compact, snap-lid w/mirror
Colour: (Golden) transparent medium beige
Texture: dry
Oil-Control: 3-4hrs
I work at a café and this alone (over primer) barely stays for 3h. No dewy look, just oily

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only color that actually matched my skin ended up oxidizing too a horrible orange by the end of the day! Wanted to love this because of its cheap price (only $5 at Ulta!) and it's mica-free short ingredient list, but I'm sad to say that it may be a bit drying as well, and like I said becomes ORANGE! Plus all the starting colors are off anyways! Maybellin needs to improve on their color choices in most all their face makeup..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by ruby9408

Great product to control oil.

PRO-
Good quality & effect

CON-
Low staying power, you really have to keep applying it through out the day