Ben Nye Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

4.2

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

I use this powder everyday and it's the ONLY powder I use to set my undereyes and my face. I have yellow undertones and don't find this too yellow at all--in fact it brightens my face and tones down foundations that are too light. I love it--totally finely milled, brightens the undereye and is really good coverage. I have acne prone skin so Idont like to wear liquid foundation during the week to work, instead I wear this powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have to say this isn't going to work for every skin tone. I think it's a tad too over hyped especially on those with deeper skin tones, it tends to look ashy or just too yellow.
If you're skin is deeper, Ben nye has A LOT deeper toned powders that look so much better. Their Camel or Topaz are great powders which have that richer yellow tone and won't give that ashy look. They have quite a few ones that are deep but I think Camel and Topaz are the more yellow types whereas the others are more reddish or neutral

If you're really fair, doubt it'll work for you since it's quite a medium colored yellow so it may end up making you golden, I guess it could probably work if you mixed it with their white setting powder to get a lighter yellow

I'd say if you're a medium-medium/dark complexion this will work good.
If you're an NC30 this may end up being too dark but if you use a very pale highlight color and set it with this, it will tone down that pale color and make it close to your color/look better. So if you're around an NC30-NC45 then it will work great.

This powder is very finely milled and photographs nicely.
I'd suggest this for all skin types honestly,
BUT I must say its not very good at controlling oil. It's only average.
I think it may be the talc. I personally don't find talc to be good at controlling oil.

Other than that, good product and it's reasonably priced.
I tend to go through this fairly easily with clients and can never get ahold of the larger jar so that's kind of annoying.
I have a few of the powders in different colors and they're all super good quality.
Very silky and I don't have any issue with chalkiness or it getting cakey or even patchy

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Sooooooo let me break this down. I'm a beautiul bronze in black opal, C8(cocoa) in l'oreal tru match and I use coconut in maybelline fit me(the matte one) i say all that to give you an idea of my complexion btw i have oily skin. So yes do go out and buy this powder HOWEVER and this is a very important however the right shade is key. So when doing my makeup i'll use la girls fawn or toffe as highlight i'll blend it with my beauty blender and then on to my Ben Nye banana powder, trust me when i say my face looked soooo damn good after, matte smooth and even. I felt sooo damn confident stepping out, i had to take a few pics to let ig know whats good. Sheesh!!! let me tell u this i dnt know if its the flash or the lighting of the camera or whatever but my face looked a mess in the pics. It had like a white powdery look which just wasnt right at all. When i asked around why that happens they'll state its bcuz the powder is too light. Sigh now i have all this banana powder and dnt know what to do with it. I'm thinking of purchasing the Topaz one, i'll keep y'all posted.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

OMG I have found my HG powder. This powder makes your skin look photoshopped - & it is so cheap! I have the lighter shade too which is good but the banana powder just has something special. I bought a sample on eBay first & have never looked back. My peri-menopausal oily skin loves it too (thank God.) The only down side is it's not easily available but well worth the search.

My Daughter bought a sample of this from ebay as wasn't sure she would
like it but she absolutely loves it, she has oily skin and this helps keep her
make up in place and lasts ages. My warning is that if you buy a sample
from ebay watch how much you are actually getting. My Daughter bought
a 5g sample which came in a 5ml pot which was filled to the top.
She was told by her boyfriend that 5g would not fit into a 5ml pot (He's a pharmacist)
so she weighed it and there was only approx 3.5g. So make sure if you order a sample
that the pot they send you is at least a 10ml pot. She reported it but ebay did nothing
and seller denied it but did offer a refund. I have also been told that there is a lot
of fake Ben Nye on ebay so be careful. Luckily my daughter's was genuine even though
the amount was wrong.

She loves the powder and has been out and bought a small Jar which will last her ages
as you only need a small amount.

I agree to the majority feedback of this product. Perfect for oily skin. And I would say that this is a long lasting powder. Its just that the packaging, a bit messy to use. But overall this is recommendable. Would definitely buy agaib

this is a great powder. however it's a little darker than i expected. i bought this at rickys in nyc. if i highlight my skin and use this to set it it actually makes the highlight kind of disappear. so ive mostly just use it as an all over setting powder and i highlight on top of it instead. control my oily skin very well. def will be purchasing more but it lasts so long it'll probably be years before i have to.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this to use on my days where I wear heavier makeup, like going out or doing something fun, etc. Not on days where I go to work or run errands and want a lighter face. However, I found another setting powder I love more than Ben Nye (Buttercup Powder) so I stopped using this for a while.

Well, it's summer and my face has been getting super oily and I hated it. I've used blotting tissue, translucent pressed powders, primers and matte foundations together and it got me maybe a couple of hours but not enough time. Well, I decided to go ahead and try this on my off days.

First off, it can get a little ashy if you use too much. I wear the color Caramel in Revlon C/O. This powder if probably more for medium-dark skin tones. I pat some onto my face with a brush and let it bake for about 10 minutes and then brush the excess off. Since I use a light face of makeup and don't heavily highlight nor do I contour it can give that non-dimensional makeup face look. However, after a few minutes your skin will naturally set the rest if that makes sense. It does give your face a soft, natural look.

After using this, I did notice it helped oil. The only place it didn't help was my nose, but ya know, I'm not surprised. I still had to blot a little around the T-Zone area but overall I do feel like it helped. I think I will stick to using this for my routine.

One thing, the packaging sucks. Like, really sucks. It's really messy trying to put it on and you are bound to get it everywhere.

This powder would do great for oily skin. But if your prone to breakouts, stay away from it!! It has a nice finish very natural looking. But after a couple days my face broke out in rash like pimples, EVERYWHERE! And the packaging is very annoying. The powder is soo loose you can't keep from making a mess. If you have oily skin, no flaws. Give this powder a try but for sensitive skin I do not recommend. Not even as a highlighter because I don't see a difference.

If you don't have this, go buy it NOW! I was looking for a good undereye setting powder and kept reading about "banana" powder. I had no idea what that was but apparently many companies are now selling a yellow corrective powder for the undereye area. Ben Nye's is such a high quality and you get SOOOO much for the money. I ordered the small compact with the sifter for $12 and I would bet this would last for years...... no kidding. It is so finely milled and just glides on the skin and leaves flawless perfection. I place this on with a heavy hand after I apply my concealer and it leaves my undereye area bright and perfected and the effect lasts ALLLLL day.

Btw: I'm a medium beige skin tone with yellow undertones.

Recommended for Normal Skin