October 25, 2014 | 1824 users online

Loose Powders - Ben Nye - Bella Luxury Powder in Banana

(formerly known as Visage Poudre Luxury Powder)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the PERFECT setting powder for people with my skintone (NC40). You can use it to set your tzone or your undereye and for people darker than my skintone, this color can be used to brighten your undereyes and set your concealer.

You don't need a lot of product to achieve a matte look so purchase a small amount of this product at a time. I've owned the 1.5 oz of banana powder for over a year now and i've barely made a dent in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by thathoneydip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

TO ALL MY FELLOW YELLOWS!!

Finally, a powder that matches my obnoxiously yellow undertone perfectly ! I'm Asian so I always have trouble finding things that doesn't make me look that lovely pink, orange, or grey shade.

This powder is finely milled and blends beautifully into my skin. Being an NC35-40 (summer) could use this as an all over face powder in the winter, however I just use it to set my concealer, and to highlight the Kim k way during the summer. A little goes a long way ladies.. And fellas?

The packaging is okay. Nothing special. It does make a mess. So I suggest just keeping the plastic part on the shifter and just poke holes with a bobby pin. That way I am able to control the amount of product I want without all that mess

If can look a but chalky but nothing a little fix+ can't fix. The staying powder is a little better than OKAY. I always set everything after with my HD powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjaja

its a good product but not for those with sensitive skin.it can cause break outs & can be itchy. it does seem like a good finishing powder but its staying power is just fair. it cannot withstand humidity. the container is messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:48:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

I'm going to start by saying, it is not the cheapest powder out there, in terms of what you put on your card, but the price per ounce beats every single powder available. As for the packaging, I got the dome jar so it's pretty much the same as the bare minerals jar, although I do see how the larger ones can get messy.
Now on to the product itself, I cant comment n its highlighting properties, since it sort of matches my skin tone, but that's what makes it perfect to set my foundation. It made my concealer and foundation stay on all day. Yep. All day. It does seem very matte as soon as you put it on, and it can be a little difficult in winter, but I'd take that over crease-y concealer. But now that it's summer, this is the best oil control powder I have used, and unlike compact powders, although this has a little bit of a tint, it doesn't add coverage or oxidize. It actually looks pretty natural half hour after you put on your makeup. And I pretty much didn't have oil control problems with this, except once.
If you are an NC in MAC, feel free to apply as you please, especially if you are between NC30-44. If you are a lot lighter or a lot darker, perhaps you might have to be a little light handed. For NW skin tones, you still might be able to use it, but it might be a better idea to chose a different color. From what I noticed, my under eye concealer is NW, and this sort of yellows it down a little, which is good for me since my foundation is NC, but might not work for some.
PS: the biggest downside I can think of is that you might would a good amount in shipping. Which sucked for me, but I couldn't find it anywhere in stores.
(www.camerareadycosmetics has the cheapest shipping as far as I know.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by plumpkinplush

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
++Takes away shine.
++Makes my foundation and concealer last a whole lot longer.
++Brightens.
++Cheap.
It'll last me at least 2 years of everyday use to finish my bottle.

Cons:
--Packaging.
I just transfer it to a smaller container. Plus, I think that's why it's so cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by xiAshley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great powder to use under the eyes. I only use it under the eyes because I would look too yellow if I dusted it all over my face. But under my eyes it gives my skin a beautiful glowing highlight effect. Under bright lights it looks flawless. Love this. The price is decent, you get a lot of product and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

This line is ment for professional artists to use on actors, models etc who do a lot of their work under harsh lights and camera work. That being said the banana powder only 1 in a line of several powders that are made to either match or to be mixed and matched to every skin tone. So if the banana powder is too yellow or dark for you you can mix it with another powder to get the desired results. There is another reviewer on here who has some pretty awesome tips on using the powder. I currently only have a sample from a vendor on ebay. she sells 5gm containers of all the powders that will give you a chance to try and mix tones to find what works for you before you invest in the large size containers. For right now the small one will give me quite a bit for a while. I currently use this to set my under eye concealer or to cover over redness after foundation from a break out or my Retinol treatment. You need to use a fairly fluffy brush to apply this because it can become a cakey mess very quickly. IT's not a product for the apply and go girl. You need to take care using it. The results are awesome and I will repurchase a full size when I run out of the sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by becs2006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product! The powder is very finely milled, but it still packs a punch as far as pigment goes. My skin is fair, so I can't use this over my whole face for setting foundation as it would make me look yellow. I use this powder to set my under-eye concealer as I have blue tones around my eyes and I find it helps to counteract this discolouration. It's staying power is good and I don't feel I need to reapply it throughout the day. The only downside of this product is the packaging - cheap and nasty, and difficult to use! I will buy another of these powders in a colour more suited to my skin tone to set my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Nicole_33

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Looking for help with this product. I really want to try it but I'm not sure if banana will end up being to yellow/dark for me? In MAC I'm NW20 for foundation, in revlon I use ivory. Would cameo be a better option for an all over foundation setter?! TIA

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jmakena07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

So this is meant to be used as a highlighter/setting powder after concealer is used to highlight! With that being said for me it does work well! Downfall is its soo messy and stains , not easy to manage.I pour it on the cap use a brush collect some and apply esp. under eyes,forehead.The price is right but if one gets the Anastasia contouring kit- good luck on that it's sold out everywhere! It comes in a palette amongst other colors! More value if u ask me