September 23, 2014 | 1815 users online

Skincare - Face - Aveeno - Balancing Bar with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal for Combination Skin

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2004 10:48:00 AM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this as I've been using their Combination Skin Bar for over 12 years now - since my days of being on Accutane to way past that into drier skin land - this is my no fail cleanser. Every now and then I always try out some new thing and then eventually come back to this. It's a staple in our household, my fiance uses it as his face wash and it's a great mild wash for whenever you need gentle cleansing. My mom who is almost 50 loves their Acne bar and that is all that she will use. One of the most underrated products on the market.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2004 12:15:00 AM More reviews by harrypotterfreak2005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bar of soap is pretty good at cleaning and exfoliating. The little grains make a good exfoliator and the soap itself foams up really well. I'm really not fond of the smell though... it does not remind me of oatmeal at all. I also broke out after awhile but I'm not sure if it's from this product or my moisturizer. I suggest this for ppl with combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 12:31:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Over the years i have gone alot of skincare poducts. This bar of soap is a miracle worker for me! It clears up my skin comepletely within a matter of days. I first used this when my sister had an allergic reaction to her chickpox vaccine and developed a mild case of it. My mom had bought this to calm the irritation. They never used it, so i used it desperation after my J&J clean and clear wash ran out. I reacently rediscovered it after my J&J stuff was drying out my skin to much, and i was starting to breakout after my period (really bad). Now i use this twice a day and i can pile on all the make-up i want and not worry about getting zits later on. Now I just have to find a moisturizer to compliment it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2004 11:03:00 AM More reviews by LadyCougrrr

This does "balance" your skin. Moisturizes the dry and zaps the oily. It did leave my dry areas a little dry and tight, so I have to apply moisturizer on those spots. I would stick with this one but it didn't do anything for my blackheads so I switched to the acne formulas. Great though, if you don't have acne prone skin!

Update: After using this for awhile I noticed my dry cheeks getting drier, flaky and more irritated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2003 9:13:00 PM More reviews by HeavenlySweet98

Not really into this. Kind of irritates my skin & makes it itch

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2003 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Looaloo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm using it right now to help with an allergic breakout I've had on my face (haven't been to dr. yet, I think I can manage) and it's been comforting with the oatmeal and all. Keeps the itchiness of the breakout at bay--as I said I don't think I need to see the dr. yet but will if necessary, but this helps make it tolerable. I'll use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2003 10:19:00 PM More reviews by somegirl99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this Bar does an Ok job..i really liked it at first, but I LOVE the clinique mild soap bar loads more!!...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2003 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have all my trust in Aveeno products, especially the ones that contain oatmeal. After using this bar, my skin feels clean, looks clean, and is soft to the touch. The downside is the scent of oatmeal, but I know there's a benefit to that. I got this on sale for $3.59 (Canadian)....not bad, can't complain. It is annoying that it's in bar form, and it can get a bit messy, but I only prefer it because I like to use this before I use my main cleanser. It's also not a little bar, its actually quite large, and will last for awhile. I'm definitely going to continue buying this product. Well, at least when I don't have my Burt's Bee's facial soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2003 9:26:00 PM More reviews by jrhoffman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, I admit I HATE that this is a bar. It just grosses me out. That said, I LOVE IT. It is perfect for my combo sensitive skin. My occassional zits have subsided to that one week a month and my skin is so much softer. And this stuff is soooo inexpensive! I have tried Cetaphil, Purpose, Yonka, Murad and Neutrogena everthing..I'm sticking with this aveeno bar.**update**I might go back to this bar since it's winter time (I like the Aveeno's Clear Complexion Foaming clenser better for summer/spring), but it can clog the pores without proper exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2002 3:01:00 AM More reviews by LaFif

I have pretty decent skin, oily in the T-zone. I've used this for several months now, and am very pleased with it. I rub it on my face, and while it gets my face clean, it doesn't leave it parched. I really don't need moisturizer after using this. Definitely worth trying.