October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is beyond decent for my face, although I prefer the liquid spf 70 version, but I bought this to use on my arms, which get more sun than any other part of my body. Unfortunately, this, like all sunscreens, sticks to my long arm hairs, and separates after some time. Boo! Would repurchase for use on the face though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by LucyLastName

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This sunscreen is not ultra sheer or dry touch. It leaves a shiny, greasy look on the face and its texture is quite thick. The scent bothers me too. It lingers on for a long time.
But it performs well, so I use it on my hands and body. I got it on a great sale for $7, so I'm not too disappointed. But I definitely won't repurchase it. I found the SPF 30 to be lighter, though still with a quite visible shine to it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Alas, for a while this was my go-to face sunscreen. I liked that it felt smooth and wasn't immediately greasy (though it certainly required a lot of blotting during the day). However, after a while I realized it was causing a great deal of irritation and aggravating cystic acne. It's just too heavy & occlusive a formula. I'm using it up as a body sunscreen, but even then it causes some irritation. (Keep in mind I'm very sensitive to sunscreen ingredients, so that doesn't necessarily mean this is a highly irritating formula for most people!)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I'm am nearly certain this product broke me out. I had been on accutane for about 3 months when I added this into my routine. I hadn't had a SINGLE breakout in 3+ weeks (not even clogged pores), and a few days after I started using this I had 3 new cysts. And one of them is on my neck in a place I rarely ever got acne, but in a place that I DID apply this sunscreen, which is another clue that it may be due to this sunscreen. I have stopped using it and haven't had any new acne, but now I have to find a sunscreen that will work for me.

I don't have complaints about the feel or function of the sunscreen. I wouldn't say it feels "dry," but it's not greasy either. Then again, I'm applying it on very dry skin because of accutane, so someone who has oily skin to begin with may have problems with it. I kind of wish the tube had a flip-cap instead of a screw off one too, but that's not a big deal.

Unfortunately I bought a 2-pack of it, but I'll just use it on my body. I won't be repurchasing it though.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by daisyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I needed new sunscreen for a trip to Miami and I couldn't find my old standbys in airline-approved sizes. I bought this for my body and a Coppertone one for my face (spf 30). Despite applying well before going outside and reapplying while outside, I totally burned. When I took my sundress/cover up off, I found streaks of the sunscreen all over the inside of the dress. This sunscreen would not get absorbed into my skin. My face, on the other hand, did not burn at all (using the Coppertone one). The sunscreen wasn't expired or anything like that. It just didn't work. I have always had success using other sunscreens like Banana Boat or Aveeno. Will definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by graceeunhyeso

Best sunscreen, ever. I break out so easily so it has always been such a hard time finding a sunscreen that wont break me out amd has high protection.
This never broke me out, I like the texture and the finish it leaves my skin. I feel like this sunscreen primes my skin as well. My makeup goes on so smoothly over this sunscreen
The only thing I dont like is that it burns my eyes like !#&!*.
I also apply this to my husbands face and he likes it as well
My forever sunscreeeen♥

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2012 11:17:00 AM More reviews by bumblevy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not sure if its just me, but everytime i apply sunscreen, my face gets a burning sensation. i like this product because its not oily. but i prefer to use it on my body rather than my face because im afraid it might of caused some of my break outs.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by skypine

If you have sensitive skin, don't buy this product. It leaves a burnig sensaton, and it is quite dry. i won't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I've used this sunscreen on and off for quite a few years, on recommendation from my aunt / grandma. I have oily skin (especially in the summertime) so up until this year I never wanted to put sunscreen on my face. They both recommended this because it wasn't greasy, although it can be if you apply too much. In the colder months I would wear this with a moisturizer under my makeup, but for summer I just used it alone under makeup - I found it "moisturizing" enough by itself. I also wore this by itself completely if I wasn't wearing makeup. It didn't break me out or irritate my skin at all - the only thing I didn't like was that if you rubbed your face it would sometimes start to "peel" off (not sure how else to explain it). I actually enjoyed this as a base under makeup when it wasn't peeling off. I like this, however when I run out I plan to look for a more natural sunscreen.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through a couple of bottles of this stuff at various SPF levels. SPF 45 offers great protection without being overly heavy. I would repurchase if it wasn't a chemical sunscreen. Currently, I'm trying Eucerin's SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin, a physical sunscreen which I'm pretty happy with.

Pros: Moisturizing and dries fairly quickly. Goes well under makeup. Sheer. Effective. I love the squeeze bottle packaging and the price is right.

Cons: Two things prompted me to get a physical sunblock. One was all the stuff about chemical sunscreens being bad for you and not lasting as long besides. The other was that this would sting badly when I reapplied after working out and showering.