Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF45

3.6

Active Ingredients: Avobenzene 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6% Inactive Ingredients: water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Napthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Trideceth-6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance (1220-046)

on 1/7/2014 5:20:00 AM

I hate this product!It made me break out and made my skin look dull and dry.I prefer my la roche posay<3

on 11/26/2013 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I love this sunscreen. I've been using it every day since I was freshman in high school and I'm 20 now. It drys to a matte finish and is light on the skin. The only thing to be careful about is to make sure you rub it in well, or else there will be white-ish streaks.

I have medium toned Asian skin that is very yellow and I don't find that this sunscreen leaves any sort of residue or white cast as long as I rub it in well enough. The sun protection works, I've never burned with it on before.

I can't say I know much about the ingredients, but it's worked well for 5 years and I will continue to buy it. Costco runs a deal on this sunscreen every summer and I just grab a couple packs then which is enough to last me the entire year. Highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hate this product. I used it a couple of times and at first I liked it - like it says it is dry touch, nice consistency that does not leave my face oily, however it made my breakout like crazy. I was getting compliments on my skin for it clearing up and suddenly right after I started using this I got pimples all over my face. I let my friend use this and she had the same problem as well. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pro: easy to find at your local drugstore. price is reasonable esp when on sale.

Con: scent and it has 6% oxybenzone

I've been using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch 45 for about two weeks now and so far so good. I mainly put it on my arms and chest area since I seem to all of a sudden burn these days. The product is doing what its suppose to do. It's fast absorbing and dry-touch. It doesn't leave any white streaks.

My only complaint is the scent. I'm not a big fan of it, and since my sensitive skin seem to agree with the product, I'm sticking to it for now.

on 6/5/2013 11:44:00 AM

This is beyond decent for my face, although I prefer the liquid spf 70 version, but I bought this to use on my arms, which get more sun than any other part of my body. Unfortunately, this, like all sunscreens, sticks to my long arm hairs, and separates after some time. Boo! Would repurchase for use on the face though.

on 5/25/2013 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen is not ultra sheer or dry touch. It leaves a shiny, greasy look on the face and its texture is quite thick. The scent bothers me too. It lingers on for a long time.
But it performs well, so I use it on my hands and body. I got it on a great sale for $7, so I'm not too disappointed. But I definitely won't repurchase it. I found the SPF 30 to be lighter, though still with a quite visible shine to it.

on 5/21/2013 10:08:00 AM

Alas, for a while this was my go-to face sunscreen. I liked that it felt smooth and wasn't immediately greasy (though it certainly required a lot of blotting during the day). However, after a while I realized it was causing a great deal of irritation and aggravating cystic acne. It's just too heavy & occlusive a formula. I'm using it up as a body sunscreen, but even then it causes some irritation. (Keep in mind I'm very sensitive to sunscreen ingredients, so that doesn't necessarily mean this is a highly irritating formula for most people!)

on 4/27/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm am nearly certain this product broke me out. I had been on accutane for about 3 months when I added this into my routine. I hadn't had a SINGLE breakout in 3+ weeks (not even clogged pores), and a few days after I started using this I had 3 new cysts. And one of them is on my neck in a place I rarely ever got acne, but in a place that I DID apply this sunscreen, which is another clue that it may be due to this sunscreen. I have stopped using it and haven't had any new acne, but now I have to find a sunscreen that will work for me.

I don't have complaints about the feel or function of the sunscreen. I wouldn't say it feels "dry," but it's not greasy either. Then again, I'm applying it on very dry skin because of accutane, so someone who has oily skin to begin with may have problems with it. I kind of wish the tube had a flip-cap instead of a screw off one too, but that's not a big deal.

Unfortunately I bought a 2-pack of it, but I'll just use it on my body. I won't be repurchasing it though.

on 4/25/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I needed new sunscreen for a trip to Miami and I couldn't find my old standbys in airline-approved sizes. I bought this for my body and a Coppertone one for my face (spf 30). Despite applying well before going outside and reapplying while outside, I totally burned. When I took my sundress/cover up off, I found streaks of the sunscreen all over the inside of the dress. This sunscreen would not get absorbed into my skin. My face, on the other hand, did not burn at all (using the Coppertone one). The sunscreen wasn't expired or anything like that. It just didn't work. I have always had success using other sunscreens like Banana Boat or Aveeno. Will definitely not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Best sunscreen, ever. I break out so easily so it has always been such a hard time finding a sunscreen that wont break me out amd has high protection.
This never broke me out, I like the texture and the finish it leaves my skin. I feel like this sunscreen primes my skin as well. My makeup goes on so smoothly over this sunscreen
The only thing I dont like is that it burns my eyes like !#&!*.
I also apply this to my husbands face and he likes it as well
My forever sunscreeeen♥