December 19, 2014 | 1499 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Mango Body Butter

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Zariana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this body butter as part of a birthday gift. Truth be told, if I had any intention of purchasing this body butter, I'd be a tad bit reluctant to drop 120 ZAR ($20). This is why.

I live in the southern hemisphere (South Africa to be precise) where we experience summer-like weather conditions for eight months of the year. This body butter, for the most part, is far too moisturising for my skin for most of the year. Nobody desires greasy limbs.

It does, however, work decently when the weather cools down considerably. My legs and feet really soaked this stuff up! I cannot, however, use this body butter on my arms, chest, stomach or back area. I suspect it breaks me out in a peculiar rashy, cloggy sort of way - in summer and winter. Definitely a no-go for my upper body.

The scent is, of course, absolutely divine. It smells like mangoes to me. I'm a sucker for fruity scents.

Conclusively, this body butter was pleasant to use from the waist down, but I won't be making an effort to purchase it again when I run out. I am content using my Nivea Soft Cream. It is a fraction of the price and I'm able to use it on my upper body with no adverse reactions. If I do require extra moisture, good ol' Vaseline, olive or coconut oil suffices.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by lucyjadebyrne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product leaves my skin feeling really smooth, soft and baby-like. There wasn't as much in the tub a I had expected and when I bought it, all the product had kind of melted to one side, but not the end of the world I don't suppose.
I like to apply the body butter after showering, it makes me feel really fresh. When I first rub the product into my skin it leaves me feeling a bit greasy for 10 minutes ago but after it has soaked into my skin it feels great.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by thecolormargaret

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I recieved a full size mango set from my mother in law this year, I love tropical scents and this scent is true to name. I am not entirely sold on heavily fragranced lotions because they do tend to dry my skin- this is better than most. I much prefer the consistency of this to that of a bbw product. I will use this up and just maybe I will repurchase. Very unsure :/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by liplover98

so good I love their mango stuff!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It smells really nice but it's so greasy, not matter how much you try to rub it in, I probably won't by any of the butters again, since most of them are just as greasy

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by distillafan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is very hydrating but has a very sickly smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

This stuff smells great but it's way to heavy and greasy for me. After using it on my legs they feel all greasy and gross and it's just the worst feeling especially I'm summer. It just doesn't absorb into my skin and you have to physically go and wipe the residue off.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Apwapj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smell very nice and make my skin so smooth

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by haha341778

This is very good moisturizer, it keeps my skin from itchy and dry in the winter. Most of drug store lotion doesnt really help me in the winter so I decide to give this a try. I only use it once a day and keep my skin pretty well moisturized.It has nice mango smell to it too:). The smell is not too strong which I like about it. I got this product on sale so I am not going to complain about the price. I also like that this butter doesn't give a shiny film feeling that I have when I use the body shop Vit E butter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

The Body Shop's body butters are famous. I've always wanted to try one so I picked the mango one up on sale at Ulta. I have to say I'm kind of disappointed. It is so incredibly greasy. It's great to put on before bed and will be nice in the winter when my skin is super dry, but it's not an everyday product for me and for the price I won't be repurchasing. I have lotions/body butters that I like much better.