MAC Satin - Orb

4.4

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had to return it because it went quite yellow on me. I'm extremely cool toned & this just wasn't a good pick, but the quality of the product itself is good & it doesn't make the eye skin look like old elephant because it is a satin, rather than matte.

Very similar in colour & feel is "lazy afternoon" #65 from Sephora's new singles line...& it costs less than MAC. just fyi.

on 7/23/2013 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this on a whim and it has become one of my (surprise) HG products. It's hard to describe its color - it's both pink and beige at the same time, and it's so light that it leans white-ish. It's a FANTASTIC matte highlighter shade that looks both "bright" and natural at the same time. It seems to go well with browns, pinks, golds and purples.

Also, out of all the MAC shades I own, I believe this one has the most "buttery" and smooth feel, which I absolutely adore. It blends like a dream.

I've only had this e/s for 2-3 months and I've already made a large dent in it because I reach for it so often. I prefer this color to all my other highlighters and I'll definitely go back to buy a spare, especially since I've never found another shade quite like it.

on 2/28/2013 6:12:00 PM

Orb is a really great base "wash" for other eyeshadows. It's not glaring white and not boring beige either. Pale, rosy cream. Hard to describe, actually. If you like Orb but want more frost, try Grain. It's the same color but with more sheen.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Something all fair skinned ladies must buy! This shadow is a matte, peachy beige that is the perfect match for my light skin. I love to use Orb as a base, highlight, or an 'eraser' for any mistakes I make with eyeshadow. If I want to go a very natural route, I'll pat this all over the eyelids for a subtle color. It doesn't go on chalky,and though I wouldn't say this is the most pigmented shadow I've bought from MAC, it does gather enough to do the trick. I will repurchase, but I haven't hit the pan yet and I've had my first Orb for more than a year now. Orb sure lasts!

on 1/21/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've used this as a base for years and I don't plan on looking elsewhere. It looks nothing like the swatch on MAC's site-- it's actually a paled-out peach with a touch of pink that matches my light, warm-toned skin well. It's also listed as satin but I see no sparkle or shimmer in the formula. It goes on smoothly, blends well, and gives opaque coverage (I use a primer). The packaging is solid and I'll continue to repurchase.

on 1/19/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love MAC's Orb e/s. I have extremely fair skin and use this as my go-to shadow to help compliment my skin tone. Orb is a light, peachy matte shadow that releases onto the brush beautifully, not chalk-like at all. Orb is buildable on the lid and looks lovely when used on the brow bone. I had to choose between Orb, Vanilla & Ricepaper for my free MAC shadow and am so glad I went with this one. For those of you with darker lids, apply some Prep+Prime Eye or your favourite Paint Pot as a base and apply some of this on your shadow. Looks natural on its own, but is also a partner in crime for big deep smoky eyes.

on 9/29/2012 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is probably one of the few mac shadows I'll have to repurchase. It's a matte color without looking chalk like, so I can apply as much as I like without making my lids looking dried out. It is also a perfect match for my light, but slightly yellow based skincolor, so I can use this up to my brow bone as a base just to even out my lid color. I use it for almost every eyeshadow look, and even if it's a "boring" color, it's definitely my favorite (along with mystery) just because it has that brightening effect.

If vanilla was too light for you, and brule was too dark, then this will probably hit the spot. It does have a pink/peachy undertone though, so if you have olive skin or yellow undertones then brule will probably be a better match. Vanilla is a very light neutral and better suited for those with a snow white complexion.

on 9/10/2012 11:28:00 AM

I've stated I'm quite the MAC fan and their shadows are why! A beautiful, peachy shadow I use on my eyelids! I have fair skin but my eyes tend to be darker so this colour brightens the skin back up and covers beautifully! No weird veins or anything like that! It blends nicely and also covers nicely when I get some of the darker coloured shadows on my lids by accident! Its the perfect peachy, warm, natural looking shadow!

on 9/1/2012 11:40:00 AM

MAC Orb does for me what I thought MAC Brule would. Orb is the matte peachy beige that I use for my eyelids whose color actually shows up on my skin (NC 25) without looking chaliky or stark white like Vanilla. Brule on my skin is only good as a base since it blends so well on my skin. A little TOO WELL. It's not a lid color that shows up at all. I love it alot and Orb can be paired with practically any color darker than it. Will repurchase!

on 8/22/2012 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

FINALLY! A MAC eyeshadow I actually find worth repurchasing! I haven't found anything that's quite like this, or comes even close to duping it, because the finish and coverage is just perfection. I wouldn't call the finish matte; more of a satin finish with the slightest sheen (sheen should not be mistaken with shimmer, in this case). It's a light beige that's quite heavy on the peach tones, and I LOVE it for acting as a sort of 'halo' in my crease, when I'm doing an extreme smoky eye that contrasts with my milky white NW15 skin, and I just need something to warm it up and brighten it up a touch without being too dark. This is just that perfect blending and brightening shade for me. The shadow itself is a tad bit powdery, but the texture is creamy and smooth, blends easily, and the pigmentation is top-notch with ZERO chalkiness. I love using this with bronzes, coppers, plums/purples, and other warm neutrals. It doesn't really go very well (just for me though! Doesn't mean it won't work for you!) with pinks, greens, blues, or cool neutrals.

Top Rated MAC Products