December 21, 2014 | 1268 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Brun

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Coffeeandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this as a brow powder everyday. It's amazing and a little goes a long way. It's hard to find a shade like this without the shimmer and without being too light or too dark. This is perfect for my dark brown hair and pale skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shade is perfect if you don't want a full on dark black! It's a dark, ashy/brown-y color, and I love using this when I am using all browns and creams in an eyeshadow look. I use this in the outer corner, and it isn't too harsh, but definitely not too light either. I have no problems with the way this applies, it's creamy and blends well!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by bigsvig

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thanks to all the MUAers who inspired me to buy this shade! I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said about this classic, but it has a quality that I really like (though others may not). This color can go on very sheer -very easily. I like that, I can put a wash of color and easily build where I want more, versus trying to apply as little as possible and buffing most of it back off. This makes a beautiful wash of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Brun oh brun, where do I begin? I've recently purchased a 15 color mac e/s palette and this is the one color I can't live without, of them all.

Brun is a cool toned (ash/grey) shade which I find difficult to call brown, but well it doesn't come close to any other color so let's just call it brown :).

Excellent color payoff that is buildable, great lasting power and I see no fall out with this.

I apply Artdeco e/s base then MAC PP in Painterly first, then my eyeshadows go on top of that. I use mostly MAC brushes for the whole process.

Brun works well in a myriad of ways: crease color, lid color, outer V, all over (lid+crease+outer V) for a smoky eye, on the lower lash line and for my eyebrows too. Staple. HG. I'd say Brun is the cool toned version of my Bourjois Taupe Essentiel.

Suggested look: Arabic Smoky Eyes
I use Brun as a lid color and on the LLL, Texture in the crease deepened with Brown Script, Carbon on the outer V, Blanc Type as a highlight...and don't forget to add some false lashes ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice, dark and rich matte brown colour. It has a nice soft finish and it is easy to blend. I used to use carbon to fill in my really dark brows but I felt like it was way too harsh for me. I asked the MUA at MAC what she thought would look good on me and she suggested this. I love it so much, it matches my brows perfectly without making them look too harsh like carbon did. It is also a great colour to deepen the crease of your makeup with or if you want a smokey brown eye look you could use it in the crease. It is a very versatile colour and I'd recommend it to anyone.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had MAC's Brun e/s for quite some time and use it to fill in my brows every day. The product is rich on colour so you don't need much - I still can't see any sign of the pan :) this is gorgeous in the crease or under the lower lash line if you want to add some drama to the eye. I find there's hardly any fallout with this e/s and doesn't crease up on you. A true 'milk chocolate' brown. Not too deep, nor too reddy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kburditt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I use this as an eyeliner and I absolutely love it.

Black isn't my daily choice for eyeliner because I'm pale and it's too dramatic for daytime, so I tend to lean towards different shades of brown (MAC Embark or Handwritten (slight plummy undertones), TM definer in dark brown), BB Espresso.

Brun is a bit lighter than the colors listed above. It's a perfect straight up dark brown color that really enhances the green in my blue-green eyes. . I don't detect any red or purple undertones in this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

This is an absolute staple for me on the crease, it matches with so many different lid colours, and just finishes off any look perfectly. Brun is so deeply pigmented- its what I thought Espresso was going to be. I use it pretty much every single day. It should be in everybody's palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Great to fill in brows with a slanted brush. As an olive-toned person with dark hair and very sparse brows, brun fills it in and the grey-brown hue looks more natural than anything else I've tried. Has great staying power whether I'm applying it alone or over foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by MaggieXoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very dark brown hair so my eyebrows are just equally dark. This eyeshadow is perfect to fill them in with. It is a satin but when applied it looks matte. I highly recommend for anyone who has almost black brows!