MAC Satin - Brun

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love love LOVE this shade. It's not a typical dark brown shade, but rather a deep grey brown color. Nonetheless, it's a great shade that will compliment any eye color! And for those black-deep brunette hair colors out there, this shade is perfect to blend with other brown eye shadows to create that perfect brow shade.

The consistency of the product is pretty smooth, so it's easy to get too much product on your brush. The blendability is pretty great too, but it's better to build this product up rather than slap a good amount on your lids because it will not budge once it's set.

The color looks exactly like it does in the pan, and throughout different lightings the shade stays the same, even in natural lighting! Like most Mac eye shadows, it will stay on all day with simple eye primers. Since it's a satin texture, it blends well with other colors, especially neutral shades~ So if you're not sure on which deep brown or black eye shadow color to chose for neutrals or whatever else, I'll definitely say to get this shade as your first!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday brow powder! I love it! It's natural and not that overpowering.

on 5/25/2013 11:15:00 PM

I use this as a brow powder everyday. It's amazing and a little goes a long way. It's hard to find a shade like this without the shimmer and without being too light or too dark. This is perfect for my dark brown hair and pale skin.

on 5/25/2013 7:36:00 PM

This shade is perfect if you don't want a full on dark black! It's a dark, ashy/brown-y color, and I love using this when I am using all browns and creams in an eyeshadow look. I use this in the outer corner, and it isn't too harsh, but definitely not too light either. I have no problems with the way this applies, it's creamy and blends well!

on 4/8/2013 5:37:00 PM

Thanks to all the MUAers who inspired me to buy this shade! I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said about this classic, but it has a quality that I really like (though others may not). This color can go on very sheer -very easily. I like that, I can put a wash of color and easily build where I want more, versus trying to apply as little as possible and buffing most of it back off. This makes a beautiful wash of color.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Brun oh brun, where do I begin? I've recently purchased a 15 color mac e/s palette and this is the one color I can't live without, of them all.

Brun is a cool toned (ash/grey) shade which I find difficult to call brown, but well it doesn't come close to any other color so let's just call it brown :).

Excellent color payoff that is buildable, great lasting power and I see no fall out with this.

I apply Artdeco e/s base then MAC PP in Painterly first, then my eyeshadows go on top of that. I use mostly MAC brushes for the whole process.

Brun works well in a myriad of ways: crease color, lid color, outer V, all over (lid+crease+outer V) for a smoky eye, on the lower lash line and for my eyebrows too. Staple. HG. I'd say Brun is the cool toned version of my Bourjois Taupe Essentiel.

Suggested look: Arabic Smoky Eyes
I use Brun as a lid color and on the LLL, Texture in the crease deepened with Brown Script, Carbon on the outer V, Blanc Type as a highlight...and don't forget to add some false lashes ;)

on 1/31/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

A nice, dark and rich matte brown colour. It has a nice soft finish and it is easy to blend. I used to use carbon to fill in my really dark brows but I felt like it was way too harsh for me. I asked the MUA at MAC what she thought would look good on me and she suggested this. I love it so much, it matches my brows perfectly without making them look too harsh like carbon did. It is also a great colour to deepen the crease of your makeup with or if you want a smokey brown eye look you could use it in the crease. It is a very versatile colour and I'd recommend it to anyone.:)

on 1/19/2013 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've had MAC's Brun e/s for quite some time and use it to fill in my brows every day. The product is rich on colour so you don't need much - I still can't see any sign of the pan :) this is gorgeous in the crease or under the lower lash line if you want to add some drama to the eye. I find there's hardly any fallout with this e/s and doesn't crease up on you. A true 'milk chocolate' brown. Not too deep, nor too reddy.

on 1/9/2013 5:11:00 PM

I use this as an eyeliner and I absolutely love it.

Black isn't my daily choice for eyeliner because I'm pale and it's too dramatic for daytime, so I tend to lean towards different shades of brown (MAC Embark or Handwritten (slight plummy undertones), TM definer in dark brown), BB Espresso.

Brun is a bit lighter than the colors listed above. It's a perfect straight up dark brown color that really enhances the green in my blue-green eyes. . I don't detect any red or purple undertones in this.

on 12/30/2012 8:09:00 PM

This is an absolute staple for me on the crease, it matches with so many different lid colours, and just finishes off any look perfectly. Brun is so deeply pigmented- its what I thought Espresso was going to be. I use it pretty much every single day. It should be in everybody's palette!