April 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by tbastas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Easy blendable, light to medium coverage but 2min after putting this one my face i felt my skin burning and saw bumps coming through fast washed it off straight away and my face was left extremely red about an 3hours later my skin was back to normal. Hate mac foundations, concealers and powders all of them break me out or i have an allergic reaction to them.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by littlecagedbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I accidentally purchased this instead of the studio fix (NC20). When I first open it, I notice it was much lighter then the studio fix. Used it anyways. The only difference I found b/w the two, beside the colour difference, was that it made my skin oilier and it was slightly harder to blend.

It's still sitting on my shelf...

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2012 11:21:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I'm not surprised to hear that they are discontinuing this product.

I used this for about a year while I was in college, but it was awful for my sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. It looked heavy, emphasized my acne and pock marks, and made me break out all the time. (I was too busy with my studies and with work to bother finding another foundation at the time.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been working for MAC for 4 years between freelancing and a on counter artist, and in 4 years I've NEVER shown this foundation to anyone....that pretty much shows you what I think of it. No coverage, oily feel, doesn't wear well. Not shocked they discontiuned this. On the other hand they DID dc Mineralize Satinfinish a great foundation for someone looking for lightweight coverage, only leaving us with F&B which I don't love. Every once in a blue moon a customer would come up and want to replace this and I would show them something else to fit their needs and they would indeed be much happier with my new suggestion than Select SPF. I do love Select Cover up concealer though, so even if you hate this foundation, do let it scare you away from trying the concealer. Great medium coverage while adding radiance to the under eye area...non drying...good stuff. Maybe if the foundation worked as well as the concealer it would still be around.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Manuellalanre

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just looked at other peoples reviews on this product. And all the negative comments about this product is exactly what I am experiencing !. It hasnt got a good coverage (people without flaws may prefer this foundation), it creases, not good at all for oily skin, especially when i told the people at MAC who were swatching my skin that my skin was oily, it OXIDISES.! I thought it was something to do with the oiliness of my skin which may be the reason for this, but looking at the reviews it doesn't only happen to me, its other people aswell!, i've even used a primer and it still manages to oxidise, very quickly. Its also streaky. If you have marks from acne like me, then trust me, this isn't for you, I noticed the lady at the MAC, was putting layers on to cover it up and my hyperpigmentation marks isn't even that bad, and it looked very cakey after and orange. It also makes your pores and imperfections very noticeable. I dont think ill be buying this again, this foundation as I said is for those with perfect skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by aliciahelen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love it so much.. so sad its gettibg discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My face loves this foundation, it gives the right amount of coverage without that heavy feeling of knowing a foundation is on. I put this on with primer underneath and a set it with MSFN it looks perfect! It looks natural and true to my color, I don't look pink, orange or any other color I'm not naturally. I swear it does something to my Gingerly blush that makes it look just right. the only issue I had with this was the other day after not wearing it for a few weeks due to a combination of trying another fdtn and haven't been wearing much makeup lately, my face was oilier than usual. I realized it I had an oil based moisturizer underneath that wasn't doing good for my skin to begin with. I tried it again without the moisturizer and it was back to it great benefits. I just wish it was more in a pump. I hate that MAC discontinued it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

The sales associate (I call MAC Artists sales associates because many are not real make up artists) Asked me if I needed help I said not really but if he wanted to he could help me find a foundation. He agreed and showed me MAC select SPF and told me I was an NC40 and swatched it on my face then he gasped and said that was way too dark I couldn't tell because the lighting was pretty bad so I let him do whatever he wanted to do then he showed me an NC30 and he said that was perfect I looked at the mirror and I said ok I guess and he showed me a couple of things and purchased a few things including the foundation and sent me on my way. I get home and I'm excited to go out and try the foundation out at home and my lighting in my bathroom is awesome I was like oh I'm gonna look so good and I started applying it and I noticed it was oxidizing in less than a minute and before I knew it I had orange streaks everywhere I wanted to literally cry because I looked like Snooki it was disgusting I also noticed that my dry patches were really noticeable even though I exfoliated and moisturized earlier. I wanted to return it but I decided not to because that sales associate was nice and I didn't wanna complain to anybody so I just kept it. And I'm not really an NC30 I'm between NC20-25 but I will never repurchase this ever again I knew I wasn't the only one who experienced this and I heard it was discontinued so nobody will have to go through what I went through.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by danarana

I have NC43 skin tone and combination skin. I found this foundation to be a perfect match for skin. The foundation didn't oxidize like my MAC Studio Fix foundation. The consistency was great and easy to apply with a brush. I didn't experience any streaking like other reviewers. Many people commented that it looked as if I wasn't wearing any foundation! If you apply this foundation with a heavy hand it can look cakey, but a quick spray of Studio fix or water will make it look more natural.

In Australia this cost me $50, I would prefer to try other brands for this price.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by SophieeeMakeup

CONS: STREAKY!
Not lasting at all!
Bad coverage
No pump
Oily!

PROS: Every colour, availible!