April 23, 2014 | 1787 users online

Concealers - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Enhancer

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Sheedybeady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had read so many good reviews about this product but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I think it's possibly one of the worst products I have ever used. It smells awful and the smell seems to linger. It doesn't cover my hyper pigmentation or acne very well. It clings to any dry patches and seems to "highlight" my blemishes rather than conceal them! Try before you buy- don't be like me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Helan

I have combination fair skin. I bought it in shade number sx 03, even though i am too fair for most of the foundations. Gossmakeup artist told it was an amazing product, but when i bought it, i was disapointed. It was too thick to work with, too dry. I read some posts, and started to mix with a huge amount of a moisturizer ( Neutrogena Helthy Defense daily moisturizer spf 50). Then i dab it with a fingertips on the centre of the fase, to cover red vains and undereye darkness. This way it works amazing! I am not telling about the economy of the product. It's coverege power level can't beat the price! The pot is nice and elegant, and the smell is really "expencive", like Shiseido's Benefician's eye cream.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Loretta130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product as a concealer. As an older woman, my skin looks best with a liquid foundation. Rimmel or L'oreal. I use #7 and 11, blending with my fingers. #11 for a big melasma which is so hard to mask. Kevyn researched Geisha makeup, as he was intrigued with the smooth flawless look. I would buy again. It lasts forever, so I may not outlive the pots of concealer.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by hottamales

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product, but probably wouldn't re-purchase. It's everything you want in a concealer (why is what I use it for); a little pot of creamy, pigmented product that covers flaws instantly. I have SX05 and I'm a MAC NC20. I love the product, however I find that I don't really reach for it as much as my other concealers - purely due to laziness and having to scoop out the product from the pot takes about 15 seconds longer than using, say a little doe-foot applicator on the back of my hand. Otherwise, I'd totally recommend if you are looking for a highly pigmented, compact cream to use as a concealer or foundation pigment.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is fab If you know how to work it!!. I've had it for quite a few months and never used it but it's only recently I fished it back out and tried it again. Firstly I would say use a rich moisturiser and don't let it soak into the skin. I then dab Nars tinted moisturiser in blobs onto my skin (after primer). I get my sigma f80 brush an dip slightly into the pot then blend and buff onto my skin over the t.m. If I need extra coverage i get a small amount onto my finger and tap onto the skin and the warmth of my fingers melts it into the skin. Fab finish and perfect coverage!!! :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a medium to fair asian who is apparently not as yellow as you would think. I use sx06. I tap the product with a fingertip and tap the colour onto moisturised skin while it's still "sticky". Excellent coverage of redness. Very good as a concealer but I deduct a star here as it doesn't cover circles 100%. I'd say it was 70%. It certainly lasts a day in the office and doesn't change colour or cake.
Very pigmented, wears well, lots of colours.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by mariavittoria1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A staple in my makeup artist and personal kit. On myself I use this to spot conceal my acne and it works amazingly well. On clients, I've used this in every possible way, from a full coverage tattoo concealer to a more sheered down version to make a tinted moisturizer. On a recent editorial I've mixed no.16 with moisturizer to make the gorgeous black model's skin look like butter.
It takes a while to get used to the thickness, but once you've mastered it, it will become your best friend. I've had mine for more than a year and haven't even used 1/3 of the pot. I also love that the pots are super tiny and lightweight, they fit perfectly in my kit.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This feels terrible and fake as an all-over foundation but works wonderfully as a spot concealer. It's very dry, dull and insanely pigmented, which is perfect for spot concealing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by IkeaIneedya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just wanted to write a review to comment about shades. I ordered SX03 and SX05. I'm NW15-20....so fair with pink/cool undertones. These shades are neutral and lighter than I expected based on what I saw online. SX03 cuts out the redness in my face but because its a touch too light and too beige - it gives me a sallow appearance. Its not awful, but I don't think its a great match. SX05 is much better.

This product is thick and highly pigmented so it gives amazing coverage. I find it really hard to spread so I'm trying out different products to mix it with to help it blend out on my face. So far my Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer is working okay. I don't love this but I'm still figuring it out I guess.

Edit: I have returned this product. I couldn't get it to spread and blend well on my skin. too cakey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

Now I get it! I did a lot of research before taking the plunge and getting SX07 on strawberrynet without even testing it beforehand. I wear bobbi brown 3 or 3.5 and think #7 is better as a concealer. But I tried to apply it in many ways: thinly with a brush, dabbing with my fingers.. is just sat there and looked like "baby jane" makeup. Then I mixed a speck (this thing goes for miles..) with Cicalfate by Avene (my favorie for the eye area, but it would work well with bobbi brown extra eye cream as well). I dabbed it with my fingers and it looked good and lasted. I then bought #10 to try and use it as foundation (cicalfate as a base). It worked well, but today I got outstanding results doing the following:
- wash and apply toner (paula┬┤s choice skin recovery , my fave!)
- apply Bobbi brown extra tinted moisturizing balm in medium all over.
go downstairs and make a cup of coffee and toast ( not sure how long it takes.. 10 min?)
- get 01 square of toilet paper and place against skin to absorb excess of shine
- apply tiny specks of #10 all over and blend with fingertips/ sigma round kabuki in some places.
- #7 dabbed only in undereye area near nose.
-#10 with concealer brush over my (very detested) 4 brown spots on my face
I guess this is as close as I will ever get to looking like Monica Bellucci - seriously good , even skin.
Best part: I got home after work (winter around 13 degrees) and it still looked good (I used dior skinflash #3 on the bus home under the eye near the nose)
I am 43 for the record.
Update ater 3 weeks: I am sure this was a good buy. I use it everyday over darks spots over any foundation. If I dust power over it, it looks natural and lasts long.
My favorite thing is to mix it with moisturizer (Avene Cicalfate, or Trixera since I like a heavier cream).

Update: I love it! Here are some photos to help anyone out there who needs swatches. I am not a swatch guru though.

Set 1 : A is BobbiBrown Skin Beige 3, B is Chanel Perfection Lumiere Beige 30, C is Kevyn Aucoin Sx10 dabbed heavily as a liquid foundation, D is Kevyn Aucoin Sx10 dabbed lighted as it is supposed to be used.

Set 2: A is Chanel Vitalumiere Petale 25, B is Kevyn Aucoin Sx7 heavily applied, C is Kevyn Aucoin sx7 applied as it should be, D is Laura Mercier Creme Smooth in Warm Ivory.
This blog has a great list+videos : http://www.shamelessfripperies.com/video/kevyn-aucoin-sensual-skin-enhancer-review-and-demonstration/

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No