December 18, 2014 | 888 users online

Masks - The Body Shop - Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by JoyaJay

I love this mask for especially one reason: The smell! It smells so insanely delicious. I have combination/oily skin, this is supposed to be for normal/dry skin. Not sure if it did heaps for my skin, personally. But just putting it on my face is glorious. I'd still recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination dry skin. In this summer, my dry cheeks tend to produce a bit more oil while their surfaces still flake, T zone is very oily and bump easily :( I was suggested this mask by The Body Shop SA while I thought Blue Corn mask is more suitable for me. He said Blue corn mask is suitable for ones with super oily skin coz it's quite harsh. I love the smell of this mask anyway so I bought it.
Well, about the scent, its sweet and delicious like Honey vanilla ice cream when I sniff it directly from the box, but when I apply, it smells a bit synthetic and cosmetic like .
While I was having it on, I had felt a bit warm sensation then it disappeared, its more about "warm" then "burn" ! This mask rinse off easily as it doesnt dry hard. After washing, my face looked like I just have used a gentle facial cleanser, my skin was soft, non redness nor dryness either. But I didnt have the super smooth effect like some said, Its good at moisturizing coz my skin was more oily after then.
Finally, this mask is best suitable for Normal/Dry skin as it claims. People with combination skin can use it as a comforting mask, as an exfoliator its not enough, more like a gentle cleanser. I think dry skin will love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by jenniionsamer

I have normal to dry skin. I do this mask every once a week and its great, it moisturizes like it says, but I don't know about the polish and cleansing part because I don't see much of a difference in that part. Smells delicious, while I do this mask I get hungry sometimes! over all it's great and keeps my skin hydrated!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this once a week per the instructions for a month and a half and I did not see any difference in my skin. I have severely dry skin and this stung when I put it on but it did not cause any redness or irritation. If you are looking for exfoliation I would use good old alpha hydrox 10% and a heavy moisturizer after in the evening only as alpha hydrox doesn't go well with the sun.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by aliejer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I bought this product about 8 months ago, and used it once a week for a month and somehow never got back to using it...until tonight! I stopped using it because it would give me a burning sensation and after 5 minutes I would rinse it out in fear of having a skin reaction. I decided to give it another try. I left it on for 10 minutes, even though it still gave me that same sensation, but after having passed the first 5 minutes, it gradually lessened and became a slight tingling sensation. After rinsing it off, my skin was not red (thank goodness) and it felt amazingly soft! I will definitely continue using it, patience is key! I'm not too crazy about the smell, but it's bearable. I apply a layer of The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream once my skin is dry, and voila, I get silky smooth skin! And a little does go a long way, and like I said, I didn't use it for months, and the product was not dried out! Overall, I recommend it for the great results!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mask! It's 9.00 for 100 ml. It's somewhat comparable to Lush's Oatfix mask. It smells a lot like oatmeal, but once it's applied onto your skin, you can definitely smell the honey. Unlike Oatfix, this is very easy to apply. The application is smooth, and since it's not hard to get on, you don't have to worry about overusing and quickly running out of product. The color is greyish and you can see the little bumps from the oats. It's a 3 in 1 mask, meant to cleanse, polish, and moisturize. This product is best for dry skin.

When applied, you can feel the mask tingling your skin and even warming it up. I don't mind this, because it doesn't irritate, and I take this as a sign that the mask is doing its job. It recommends to leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, but I do 20. Over time, the mask hardens onto your face. When I washed it off, I instantly noticed that my complexion was incredibly clear. My skin looked like it was deeply cleansed; It was extremely radiant and very polished. It did feel and look exfoliated, which I was mildly surprised about, because I didn't really think that the mask would do this. Everything about my skin looked new and fresh. The texture was so baby-soft, that there is no doubt about it in my mind on it moisturizing. It also unclogs pores, so if you have a few blackheads of any kind, expect most, if not all, to disappear after using this.

I will definitely buy this mask again. It works so much better than Lush's Oatfix mask (it also offers more product and is more reasonable for its price), and it intensely helps my dry skin out. Luckily, if the price is any issue to you, The Body Shop often has loads of sales online and in store, so you have many opportunities to get this on discount. Plus, if you have their Love Your Body card, after a certain amount purchased, you can get a 10.00 gift for free, which enables you to get this without paying at all.

Overall, this is a mask worth trying. People with dry skin must try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by AshynDae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me, the smell of this product alone was worth purchasing it. =D I don't use this as a mask because, personally, I can't really see how it would provide any extra benefits after being on my skin for 10-15 minutes as opposed to it being rinsed off after only 2. Probably because it doesn't harden or anything after sitting for a while like my Nu Skin Epoch Glacial Marine Mud Mask does. I also cleanse before this because I don't feel it would thoroughly remove all of my makeup, so I just use it as a scrub after I cleanse, and I love it. It's by far the gentlest scrub I have ever used; you can actually push it into your skin, and it still feels very soft and cushiony. My skin felt baby soft after rinsing it off, and it left my oily skin feeling very comfortable. It was really emollient and creamy going on, but at the same time, felt like it completely absorbed all the excess oil from my skin, so I'd be curious to know how it would work/feel if I had dry skin. All in all, though, I would guess this is a great, gentle scrub/mask hybrid suitable for all skin types, and I definitely plan on repurchasing when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Right after putting it on it starts burning like hell fire. Washed it off immediately and my face was completely red and irritated. Meh. Not buying again and regretting that I didn't do more research before buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

I have really sensitive skin and this product doesn't irritate it at all. Very calming and leaves skin very soft and hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by marciatsang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I would say " worth a try "; as this product is not drying nor super hyrdating, so its worth a try for all skin types. The smell is lovely; and you can see your skin softer and smoother instantly .