The Body Shop Honey & Oat Scrub Mask

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Water, Oat (Avena Sativa) Bran, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Honey, Glyceryl Stearate, Butylene Glycol, PEG-100 Stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Sodium Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Hectorite, Sodium PCA, Fragrance, Saccharide Isomerate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Caramel.

on 2/1/2013 5:38:00 AM

Nice mask for dry winter skin! It's mild and the smell is nice. Does not tingle or irritate my skin in any way. One thing I really like about it is that it's not runny so you can actually have it on your face and do stuff around the house without it dripping down. Because I feel that it is not very exfoliating by itself, I wet my hands and remove it with circular movements when it's time to take it off... I can then feel a gentle exfoliation. After removing the mask, my skin is left soft and more even.
This is not a miracle worker BUT it is definitely a nice treat for your skin. Extra points for being reasonably priced and not tested on animals!

on 1/20/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This stung my face right when I applied it when I first bought it. So I washed it off right away. Decided not to throw it out, and about almost a year later, I thought I'd give it another shot. It stung like it did, but I kept it on, and the feeling went away completely after a few minutes. I washed it off and applied my usual cream on, and noticed my face was GLOWING. I expected red spots or something, but it definitely did its job. Just get past the stingy feeling, since it's only temporary, you'll be happy with the results. Don't rely on this for the exfoliating properties though, because the oats won't do that.

Definitely repurchasing.

on 11/1/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kaolin and honey are good ingredients for a face mask, but I don't think this one does any wonders, and I don't think it's worth the price. Also, the exfoliating pieces don't do anything, so the "3 in 1" is a joke. Plus the ingredient list is a long tirade of unnatural stuff including lots of parabens.

on 8/17/2012 10:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Wish I read reviews here before buying because it felt as though it was burning my skin, particularly on my cheeks (I'm combination-dry). Scent is nice, though. But I can't bear to throw it away, so now I'm using it as a shaving cream.

on 7/26/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I love this mask for especially one reason: The smell! It smells so insanely delicious. I have combination/oily skin, this is supposed to be for normal/dry skin. Not sure if it did heaps for my skin, personally. But just putting it on my face is glorious. I'd still recommend it!

on 6/11/2012 4:31:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have combination dry skin. In this summer, my dry cheeks tend to produce a bit more oil while their surfaces still flake, T zone is very oily and bump easily :( I was suggested this mask by The Body Shop SA while I thought Blue Corn mask is more suitable for me. He said Blue corn mask is suitable for ones with super oily skin coz it's quite harsh. I love the smell of this mask anyway so I bought it.
Well, about the scent, its sweet and delicious like Honey vanilla ice cream when I sniff it directly from the box, but when I apply, it smells a bit synthetic and cosmetic like .
While I was having it on, I had felt a bit warm sensation then it disappeared, its more about "warm" then "burn" ! This mask rinse off easily as it doesnt dry hard. After washing, my face looked like I just have used a gentle facial cleanser, my skin was soft, non redness nor dryness either. But I didnt have the super smooth effect like some said, Its good at moisturizing coz my skin was more oily after then.
Finally, this mask is best suitable for Normal/Dry skin as it claims. People with combination skin can use it as a comforting mask, as an exfoliator its not enough, more like a gentle cleanser. I think dry skin will love it.

I have normal to dry skin. I do this mask every once a week and its great, it moisturizes like it says, but I don't know about the polish and cleansing part because I don't see much of a difference in that part. Smells delicious, while I do this mask I get hungry sometimes! over all it's great and keeps my skin hydrated!

on 4/17/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I used this once a week per the instructions for a month and a half and I did not see any difference in my skin. I have severely dry skin and this stung when I put it on but it did not cause any redness or irritation. If you are looking for exfoliation I would use good old alpha hydrox 10% and a heavy moisturizer after in the evening only as alpha hydrox doesn't go well with the sun.

on 3/30/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I bought this product about 8 months ago, and used it once a week for a month and somehow never got back to using it...until tonight! I stopped using it because it would give me a burning sensation and after 5 minutes I would rinse it out in fear of having a skin reaction. I decided to give it another try. I left it on for 10 minutes, even though it still gave me that same sensation, but after having passed the first 5 minutes, it gradually lessened and became a slight tingling sensation. After rinsing it off, my skin was not red (thank goodness) and it felt amazingly soft! I will definitely continue using it, patience is key! I'm not too crazy about the smell, but it's bearable. I apply a layer of The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream once my skin is dry, and voila, I get silky smooth skin! And a little does go a long way, and like I said, I didn't use it for months, and the product was not dried out! Overall, I recommend it for the great results!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I love this mask! It's 9.00 for 100 ml. It's somewhat comparable to Lush's Oatfix mask. It smells a lot like oatmeal, but once it's applied onto your skin, you can definitely smell the honey. Unlike Oatfix, this is very easy to apply. The application is smooth, and since it's not hard to get on, you don't have to worry about overusing and quickly running out of product. The color is greyish and you can see the little bumps from the oats. It's a 3 in 1 mask, meant to cleanse, polish, and moisturize. This product is best for dry skin.

When applied, you can feel the mask tingling your skin and even warming it up. I don't mind this, because it doesn't irritate, and I take this as a sign that the mask is doing its job. It recommends to leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, but I do 20. Over time, the mask hardens onto your face. When I washed it off, I instantly noticed that my complexion was incredibly clear. My skin looked like it was deeply cleansed; It was extremely radiant and very polished. It did feel and look exfoliated, which I was mildly surprised about, because I didn't really think that the mask would do this. Everything about my skin looked new and fresh. The texture was so baby-soft, that there is no doubt about it in my mind on it moisturizing. It also unclogs pores, so if you have a few blackheads of any kind, expect most, if not all, to disappear after using this.

I will definitely buy this mask again. It works so much better than Lush's Oatfix mask (it also offers more product and is more reasonable for its price), and it intensely helps my dry skin out. Luckily, if the price is any issue to you, The Body Shop often has loads of sales online and in store, so you have many opportunities to get this on discount. Plus, if you have their Love Your Body card, after a certain amount purchased, you can get a 10.00 gift for free, which enables you to get this without paying at all.

Overall, this is a mask worth trying. People with dry skin must try this!

Popular Masks