Wet 'n' Wild Clear Nail Protector

3.9

Ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, nitrocellulose, adipic acid/neopentyl glycol/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, acetyl tributyl citrate, isopropyl alcohol, benzophenone-3, trimethylpentanediyl dibenzoate, polyvinyl butyral [+/- (may contain): violet 2 (CI 60725)].

on 3/13/2014 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm surprised by how good this topcoat is. I used it one day in a pinch when I couldn't find my usual Sally Hansen topcoat and my manicure lasted way longer than usual - a full week without chipping! It's continued to give me great results....and it's dirt cheap. Win! I took one tube off because the dry time is longer than I'm used to, and I've gotten the dreaded bedprint on my nails if I use this too close to bedtime. Nothing that takes away from the quality, though. Definitely recommend!!

on 1/26/2014 6:41:00 PM

Very Effective, hardened my soft and brittle nails. Very Cheap. And Lasted for 3 weeks :)

on 8/23/2013 7:52:00 AM

I bought Opi for $9.00CDN and it chipped in 2 days, peeled off in big pieces within 5. (I use it on its own.) Wet n Wild cost $1.69 and it has lasted almost a week now. It isn't as high gloss as the Opi, which is preferable to me. I wish it had the wide, flat brush, but for $1.69, who cares?

on 4/24/2013 3:56:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this stuff! I'm on my second bottle and I'll buy it forever. This product is great at giving a smooth super shiny finish. Plus, it's only $1, wow! Because it's so inexpensive I feel like I can apply a liberal amount and really get a good layer onto my nail. As far as chipping, I painted my nails on a Thursday afternoon w/ Wet'n'Wild Megalast in the shade Tropicalia ($2, which I've also reviewed) and this as the topcoat. I just barely started seeing minor chipping on Tuesday morning. That's pretty good considering I used two inexpensive products and did my own nails. I used to use OPI polishes and Sally Hansen topcoats w/ similar results, so why pay more if Wet'n'Wild is the same (or better) quality?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is actually amazing. It's glossy, but not TOO glossy like some top coats, It dries quickly, It's easy to apply, and It's SO CHEAP. i paid like $2 for it and i don't even feel the need to try others. Amazing! Definitely try this before you try high end ones.

on 10/11/2012 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

It says nail protector but this is my favorite topcoat. It's cheap, shiny, cheap, self-leveling with good flow, cheap, fast drying, cheap, durable and cheap.

It's not thick enough to smooth out gritty textures, but since I don't usually wear gritty textures I don't see why I should spend more for topcoat. About the only way they could improve this as far as I'm concerned (and I know some will disagree with me) is to give it the new wide brush.

on 8/7/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Works great as a base coat and a top coat, dries VERY fast, and it's so cheap! It was 69 cents at CVS last week! I use it for Frankening also.

on 4/23/2012 10:16:00 PM

This is a great base or top coat. Sometimes I even wear it alone so my nails look pretty and glossy. For $0.99, this is awesome! :)

on 4/20/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I Love this top coat!! To me, it works so much better than top coats like Sally Hansen to be honest. I use one coat and it provides and wonderful glossy shine :) smooth and glossy. The wear is great :) I took this to the nail salon for my toes, and keep in mind, this is in January. I JUST removed.the polish from my toes about 2 weeks ago, and it was 2 chips, at the.most. I spent 8.00$ on top coat, and it chipped within 6 hours.. While this can last up to 90 something days.. Super cheap too :) you can't beat it!! :)

Beats Sally Hansen and other top nail product companies in my opinion. I used to color my nails with a black Sharpie in my angst-ridden tweenage days on top and under this stuff. It protected my nails from God knows what in the Sharpie and gave it a nice shine. To this day I still use it for my non-Sharpie nail polishes (on top and underneath) and they last a week, week and a half, chip free and shiny to boot. It's formaldehyde-free, which is a word that I only want to see used in a laboratory involving dissection and preservation of well, y'know. Overall, fantastic. For 99 cents, what more could you ask for?