April 18, 2014 | 1810 users online

Top/Base Coats - Wet 'n' Wild - Clear Nail Protector

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great base or top coat. Sometimes I even wear it alone so my nails look pretty and glossy. For $0.99, this is awesome! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirlxD14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Love this top coat!! To me, it works so much better than top coats like Sally Hansen to be honest. I use one coat and it provides and wonderful glossy shine :) smooth and glossy. The wear is great :) I took this to the nail salon for my toes, and keep in mind, this is in January. I JUST removed.the polish from my toes about 2 weeks ago, and it was 2 chips, at the.most. I spent 8.00$ on top coat, and it chipped within 6 hours.. While this can last up to 90 something days.. Super cheap too :) you can't beat it!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by twelvesixteen

Beats Sally Hansen and other top nail product companies in my opinion. I used to color my nails with a black Sharpie in my angst-ridden tweenage days on top and under this stuff. It protected my nails from God knows what in the Sharpie and gave it a nice shine. To this day I still use it for my non-Sharpie nail polishes (on top and underneath) and they last a week, week and a half, chip free and shiny to boot. It's formaldehyde-free, which is a word that I only want to see used in a laboratory involving dissection and preservation of well, y'know. Overall, fantastic. For 99 cents, what more could you ask for?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by noonic23

This polish have an amazing shine that last for weeks, Only apply 2 coats because 3 coats will make it look thick & bulky looking. I used this once by itself and it actually made my nails strong helped them grow to a long length and the shine makes my nails look like they just were manicured! And it's only 99 a bottle (1.08 with tax from rite aid or duane reade depending where you get it from its 88 cents at walmart. I love this stuff and I usually get 2 or 3 bottles at a time because I love it so much. I don't purchase any other clear coat for my nails but this because I love the shine it doesn't lose the shiny-ness if you wash your hands or stick them in water. I love this brand and If you want to grow out your nails just apply 2 coats & wait and your nails will grow because this polish is a clear protector with calcium & and other things that help your nails grow out and be long!! I reccomend it to you guys who want a nail treatment but dont wanna spend that much for long, natural nails!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by HannahTheScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swear by this top coat! Though it only sells for 99 cents, you get a formaldehyde-free formula that really does protect your nail color, no matter how much the color chips! Two thin layers are enough, and your nails should have a wet shininess and perfectly shower-proof color for days, even a week if you're careful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by longereyelashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just a nice shiny clear nail polish. Dried quickly and it has cute packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by sillychicken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's cheap and it does the job. It makes my nails looks clean and well groomed in just a few minutes. That's a lot quicker than using one of those nail buffers that make your nails shine, and I don't have a lot of free time to spend on grooming.With 2 coats I can build up to a nice, healthy, natural looking pink color.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by neverunpolished

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I was out of base coat and it was cheap ($0.99). It protects against staining, which is the main reason that I use base coat, and it dries pretty quickly. There is nothing outstanding about this product, but it meets my limited expectations. That said, I will probably not be buying it again because I am now on the lookout for a strengthening base coat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by plumsiren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG base coat. It does the job, and I can get it for 88 cents!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by missjestr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't know if this is because of the nail color brand I used...but when I put this top coat on, it actually sweeped some color off along with the brush. I was shocked, so I waited a full day just to see if I needed to have it fully dried to use this; but even after that, it still took off some color during the application.
Not only that, this took forever to dry for me. These are one of those polishes where you'd have to wait at least 2-4 hours before going to bed or doing some serious activity. I waited about an hour and a half before hitting the bed and the next morning there were blanket marks on the nails.
At least it's cheap. It didn't kill me. I'll probably wear this alone and not use it as a top coat and see what happens.