Hard Candy nail polish

3.4

on 11/25/2010 8:55:00 PM

i love this nail polish line the colors are great and vibrant. I don't find that they chip or anything till about 7 days after i applied it. i just put two coats on one thin and one uber thick layer and doesn't take too long to dry =)

on 5/24/2010 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I won Pretty In Punk in a giveaway. Glad I didnt pay for it because it peeled in less than 5 hrs. I tested it against a SH Extreme fushia on another nail to compare the colors (they were almost the same) and the SH still looks great. It's more opaque too. I had to do 3 coats of the HC vs one coat of the SH.

on 5/6/2010 9:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I own Hard Candy's nail polish in several colors, and I've enjoyed each one of them so far. I can't say how easily it chips, because I have naturally long n' hard nails, and I'm a receptionist so I'm typing on a hard old keyboard most of the day. But it seems to hold up very nicely. Most of the colors go on softer and lighter than you'd think, but that's nothing that a second coat won't fix.

But I feel the need to mention the color Hypnotic: It's a light pink color, with a golden shine to it. The golden shine doesn't look golden on the white of my nails, it only looks yellow. So this is one color that might not look good on natural, long nails. But it is still an attractive color, and it looks good with almost any accessories and outfits.

EDIT 10/06/10: I've been trying the polishes with glitter in them, and I'm not at all thrilled with them. The polishes with the fine glitter feel very rough, almost like sand paper, even with a base and top coat. The ones with chunky glitter are worse. The big glitter bites start to flake off, and it makes the nails look damaged. Again, this is with a base a top coat. I wouldn't recommend the glitter polishes to anyone.

on 4/12/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is for Hot Pants, from the new Wal-Mart formulation.

The sheer grape tint and glitter/hex glitter in this is great looking, and it goes on smoothly. However, it wears like crap.

I applied this over Stickey base coat, 2 coats of Illamasqua Baptise, and under a coat of SV. It looked great, and then the next day at work it chipped (though think less brittle... more of a gummy action) like you wouldn't believe.

I still have to try out my other two colors, Break Up (a similar glitter polish) and Envy, but I don't have the highest of hopes for Break Up.

on 10/18/2009 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I don't know if it's been reformulated now that it's sold at Walmart but I used to buy this polish when Sephora sold it and it's my favorite, it stays shiny, doesn't chip, and goes on really smooth,

on 10/6/2009 8:38:00 PM

I have Date Night, which I got from the new HC range at Walmart. It's a beautiful, lavender glitter color. It's subtle but when the light hits it, it glows like a disco ball. For $5, I definitely recommend this. Dries fast, doesn't chip easily. Love!

on 9/19/2009 9:03:00 AM

This isn't the best polish, but it isn't the worst either. I've given up on trying to use this on my fingernails, but I've found it lasts pretty long on my toenails. I bought a "best of" package last year, so I have a nice selection.

on 8/1/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought a trio with the shades Ego (bright pink with glitter), Complex (bronzed pinky nude with fine silver shimmer) and Static (iridescent purple-blue-silver). I find all of them wearable, but none are especially unique or pretty, and I don't like any enough to get past some of the less desirable ingredients they contain. Cute bottles with polish-matching plastic rings on the handles.

on 11/15/2008 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Price: I bought it when it was only $2, so I'm certainly not complaining. Although I certainly wouldn't pay more. The packaging quality is amazing, since I ordered it online. It arrived very nicely packaged, and plus it has a little plastic ring on it. So juvenile but still kinda tickles your fancy. :)

I wouldn't buy this again since I rarely use nail polish anyway. But I have to say this color is extremely sheer even with 2 coats. It has an iridescent effect. One angle: no color. Another angle: actual shimmer color. Looks better in a slightly dark area as all the light bounces of it. I put on this polish in blue. Which kinda makes look like I have dead-hands since you're fingers looks bluish -like cyanic. But anyways, still fun. You're not going to be able to wear this color later in life so play with it while you can.

Oh, and the color did chip off in an oval shape around my cuticles, and the rest has stayed on for the past week. I used a base and top coat. But then again, I have been told I have wonderfully healthy nails.

Update: the green polish has stayed on my toes for over a week without chipping/peeling/anything *yay*

on 11/12/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Trailer Trash was my first "expensive" polish I purchased at 13. I LOVE THIS COLOR STILL. It is a great really shiny silver that really does look like the side of a metal trailer. The consistency is nice and the bottle is so cute! They seem like they don't thicken as easily as other polishes also. I love Hard Candy, and give Trailer Trash a try if you haven't yet!