April 16, 2014 | 1532 users online

Polishes - Hard Candy - nail polish

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tetora

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is for Hot Pants, from the new Wal-Mart formulation.

The sheer grape tint and glitter/hex glitter in this is great looking, and it goes on smoothly. However, it wears like crap.

I applied this over Stickey base coat, 2 coats of Illamasqua Baptise, and under a coat of SV. It looked great, and then the next day at work it chipped (though think less brittle... more of a gummy action) like you wouldn't believe.

I still have to try out my other two colors, Break Up (a similar glitter polish) and Envy, but I don't have the highest of hopes for Break Up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if it's been reformulated now that it's sold at Walmart but I used to buy this polish when Sephora sold it and it's my favorite, it stays shiny, doesn't chip, and goes on really smooth,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Date Night, which I got from the new HC range at Walmart. It's a beautiful, lavender glitter color. It's subtle but when the light hits it, it glows like a disco ball. For $5, I definitely recommend this. Dries fast, doesn't chip easily. Love!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2009 9:03:00 AM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This isn't the best polish, but it isn't the worst either. I've given up on trying to use this on my fingernails, but I've found it lasts pretty long on my toenails. I bought a "best of" package last year, so I have a nice selection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought a trio with the shades Ego (bright pink with glitter), Complex (bronzed pinky nude with fine silver shimmer) and Static (iridescent purple-blue-silver). I find all of them wearable, but none are especially unique or pretty, and I don't like any enough to get past some of the less desirable ingredients they contain. Cute bottles with polish-matching plastic rings on the handles.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by sandyw239

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Price: I bought it when it was only $2, so I'm certainly not complaining. Although I certainly wouldn't pay more. The packaging quality is amazing, since I ordered it online. It arrived very nicely packaged, and plus it has a little plastic ring on it. So juvenile but still kinda tickles your fancy. :)

I wouldn't buy this again since I rarely use nail polish anyway. But I have to say this color is extremely sheer even with 2 coats. It has an iridescent effect. One angle: no color. Another angle: actual shimmer color. Looks better in a slightly dark area as all the light bounces of it. I put on this polish in blue. Which kinda makes look like I have dead-hands since you're fingers looks bluish -like cyanic. But anyways, still fun. You're not going to be able to wear this color later in life so play with it while you can.

Oh, and the color did chip off in an oval shape around my cuticles, and the rest has stayed on for the past week. I used a base and top coat. But then again, I have been told I have wonderfully healthy nails.

Update: the green polish has stayed on my toes for over a week without chipping/peeling/anything *yay*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Trailer Trash was my first "expensive" polish I purchased at 13. I LOVE THIS COLOR STILL. It is a great really shiny silver that really does look like the side of a metal trailer. The consistency is nice and the bottle is so cute! They seem like they don't thicken as easily as other polishes also. I love Hard Candy, and give Trailer Trash a try if you haven't yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by skittishpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got Tantrum (light green) and Jailbait (light purple). First time using hard candy nail polishes, so cute! the packaging is great, i wouldn't wear the rings but it makes the bottles cuter. The colors are very sheer which is what I like, I don't like bright colors on my hands, i think it makes my finger look weird. the polish is smooth even with the glitter. I will purchase the kit with 6 colors next!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2008 2:36:00 PM More reviews by lianna82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Totally cute package. Great color (I got Trailer Trash - silvery glittery).
That's about all that's good...

Chipped after about 6 hours of wear. I can usually at least get 2 days before chipping, because of my job, but this lasted the least of any NP ever.

Glad I only bought one!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by dpchemd1

I bought a light glittery pink color for spring. It so wasn't worth it. You have to put too many coats to see any color. I don't recommend it. Sally Hansen is better then this overpriced polish.