October 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by jojobeaner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Anyone have any suggestions on what to purchase now... that they've discontinued this line? I can't find anything similar :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This may sound gross to some of you, but I bought this in 2002 and it still hasn't run out on me 7 years later. Granted I don't use it everyday.

Anyhoo, this is one of my favourite highlighting products, hands down. I love it way more than anything Benefit ever made, and I think it is comparable, if not even a wee bit better, than Red Earth's highlighter (which I LOVE). It's creamy (but not too creamy) so you avoid streaks, and it gives you the most fabulous glow (I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear it). High Beam is NOT model in a bottle; this stuff is!

I heard they're discontinuing this line and that really bums me out :( I love everything about it; the smell (very light and fresh), the colour/glow payoff, the pump applicator, everything! You get a lot for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 7:47:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I have this in natural light and pink light.They were both only £4 from my local market so was pleased about the price.I had seen them when Revlon sold them for £12 but wouldnt buy at that price incase I didnt like them.
    Firstly the natural light..a lovely almost colourless liquid that is smooth to apply and makes my skin glow without any glitter.I use under foundation and it looks so pretty.The pink light adds a warmer glow to my face but not so that I look flushed.I am into highlighters big time at the mo and even tho Im 40 I still like to glow..will probably try golden light next specially for the holiday season :o)#
    EDITED TO ADD I now have this in the peach lights as well and its lovely.Im so pleased I can still get these now they've been discontinued,I also have the powder and that is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 11:03:00 AM More reviews by francescacaca

I bought this from a discount store (after it had been discontinued) for around £3. I chose the "bronze light" shade and although i loved the shade but found the product nearly inpossible to blend. It kind of gathered in patches and even rolled off my face in little lumps. I gave up trying to get a better result and put the bottle away...until i purchased a mac 187 stripple brush for my foundation.
    I apply one pump to the back of my hand and brush the product over most of my face...paying a little more attention to my cheeks. It gives a beautiful dewy bronze with a subtle amount of shimmer.

The packaging isn't great as you can't really tell how much product there is left due to the thickness of the plastic tube and it isn't exactly exciting or pretty but for a couple of quid for a product that works so well i can't really complain. The pump works well though and i find it gives just the right amount of product for one application.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best low end liquid highlighter (I love Wet N Wild All Over Shimmer for a powder)! All the colors are pretty anf flattering on my super pale cool toned skin, I really like the pink though. I sometimes mix it into my foundation or just dab it on with my fingers aftwards but my favorite way is too stripple it onmy my face with my MAC 187 brush after Ive done all my make up, it gives me a nice glowy finish that doesnt look greasy / oily. I think it sucks so much these are discontinued. I hope Revlon considers bringing the entire line back! I have 2 currently and have had them for years an no sign of going bad yet though...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2008 1:36:00 AM More reviews by PinkPrincess81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG highlighter/illuminator product!! This stuff is amazing, pure and simple. I have it in Bare Light, and I find this to be the most natural on my NC30 skin tone. It gives me the most wonderful, natural glow on my cheekbones, like I am glowing from within, like when I was pregant last year. I wear a very light, dewy finish foundation(chanel vitalumiere), so a liquid highlighter works best for me, and this one is the best I have ever tried. I only need just a tiny dab of it for both cheekbones, I do the "C" technique, and it so pretty, and although I already have high cheekbones, this enhances them even more. The thing that I love about this is that it is not glittery or even shimmery, because I detest shimmer on my face of any kind, and this liquid is perfect, as it imparts a 'glow' without resorting to shimmer. It gives more of a sheen, and is so very natural looking, I am always being complimented on my glowy skin, so I attribute it to this, and my chanel, plus my healthy lifestyle ;). I wish it wasn't discontinued, but lucky for me I have a few tubes of this precious stuf stashed away. If you can find it you should definately buy it, you will love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Jenni4Design

I have this in pink and white. I think I like it better in the white color. A little goes a long way and the tube has lasted me for ever. Looks great on collarbones too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always yearned for dewy glowing skin like those Hollywood goddesses. Discovering Revlon Skinlights face illuminator was, therefore, a small miracle for me. I first chanced upon this product whilst browsing the cosmetic stall of my local weekly market. It was on sale 1/2 price for £5. I hesitated as I thought £5.00 was still quite pricey for a product I had never heard of before especially off a market stall where I am used to paying no more that a couple of pounds for an item.

I held the tube in my hand and quickly scanned the blurb on the back. It promised to help conceal imperfections by blending seamlessly with your own skin tone to give a luminous, natural look at the same time leaving your skin soft and smooth due to an "exclusive crystal complex illuminating formula with tinted flaw-diffusers" which enhance the complexion, to give it a radiant, luminous glow. The lotion could be used by itself or as a base under your usual foundation; it also contained an SP15 factor as well as vitamins E and C. Skinlights lotions are unique because they features various minerals such as mother of pearl and rose quartz which are light refracting and therefore illuminate the skin rather than covering the skin in heavy pigments which other foundations tend to do. Obviously these are the exclusive crystal complexes which give the illuminating qualities.

The lotion is light and reasonably creamy despite its runniness and goes a very long way so I would suggest using sparingly. I find one small pump gives me just the right amount of coverage for a natural appearance. I apply it directly to a damp sponge and smooth it evenly over my face and neck. The beauty of this product though is its versatility. It can be worn under foundation as a base, on itís own as foundation in its own right or if preferred you could just apply it to your cheeks, below your eyes or anywhere else you just wanted to highlight. I tend to use this product in place of my tinted moisturiser sometimes as it does indeed brighten up my skin and give my complexion a very healthy radiant glow; it is also very sheer and I do like the idea that my skin can breathe through it. As it does such an impressive job of evening out my skin tone I personally donít feel it necessary to wear anything else.

The consistency of skinlights is fairly runny and once dispensed onto the sponge it looks very pink and slightly glittery which may sound off putting to those that like a matte finish but once applied to the face this peculiar looking pink lotion really does as the manufacturers promise and skin instantly looks vibrant, healthy and fresh and has a slightly dewy look to it without looking false. Whenever I wear this product I get loads of comments on how ďwellĒ I look so the effects must be apparent to others. I must admit that I do feel rather glamorous when wearing it as I genuinely do get a luminous bloom to my skin.

The real test of staying power for me was wearing this to Uni. I apply it around 7.00 am before starting an 8 hour day @ Uni and it lasts all day without fading or needing a touch up which, considering I work in a very hot environment with loads of bodies around me. There is a very slight sweet aroma with this product but itís quite pleasant and not over powering.

As skinlights are oil free (no animal, vegetable or mineral oils) and lightweight they are suitable for all skin types. Skinlights come in several shades so they suit every skin tone. Skinlights come in a 40 ml tube and with daily usage my tube lasts around five months so the retail price of £9.99 doesnít work out to be too expensive. Itís even better for me because I can get mine half price!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by QueenMe

I love this product. Can't find it anywhere. Cosmeticsandmore.com is currently out of stock since it has been discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by mokey1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, let me say that I do not have any affiliation with this website or company, so hopefully the makeupalley poobahs will let this pass. That said, for all of you ladies who love this discontinued product, go to www.cosmeticsandmore.com. They carry this product under its other name Revlon Skinlights Instant Skin Brightener.