November 28, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Diva

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by arabiannights

MAC SA: "Is this your first lipstick from MAC?"
Me: "Umm, yeah..."
SA: "Are you sure you don't want something like Creme Cup or Angel?"
Me: "No, I'm a vampire. It's ok."
SA: "..."

Since, it's almost Autumn, I decided to go and get myself a dark lipstick. This was my first MAC lipstick (not typically what you'd probably go for, but I HATE baby pinks), and after I got it I spent about ten minutes just holding it and running around my house singing Madonna's "Like A Virgin" at the top of my lungs.

The name of this lipstick does things to me, guys. I can't help myself.

AND THE COLOR IS SO BEAUTIFUL I CAN'T

It's a deep, vampy wine or burgundy color, and even though it's a matte, it's not a Retro Matte, and therefore more of a cream finish which is comfortable on even my Sahara desert-dry lips. The price is alright, definitely more affordable than some other HE brands, and the packaging is shaped just like a bullet ITS SO CUTE I LOVE THIS TOO MUCH TO USE IT. It's definitely perfect for fall and winter, and I'm sure it'll look really nice on top of a deep brick red liner, like Plush Plum from Jordana or MAC's Brick.

This looks seriously amazeballs on my super yellow-toned NC25 skin. If you don't already have this, or you want to step out of your comfort zone, BUY THIS. The hype around this is real. <3

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Originally, I had my heart set on trying and buying Dark Side. However, once I applied that in person, I found it too purple and sheer for my taste (I'm used to opaque, matte finishes). The next one that caught my eye was this, Diva. More red-brown-burgundy and appropriate for my warm, fair skin. The lasting power is great. A couple swipes over a thin layer of chapstick lasted me a whole 6 hour work shift (included eating and lots of talking). I use clear lipliner, but this would probably be beautiful with a burgundy or even brown liner as well. My usual lipstick is actually Viva Glam I, but I will want to use this during Fall and Winter.

Currently I still have my summer tan, but in a month or so, I expect this shade will look even better when I pale out to about NC20. It brightens up the face and really brings out the whites of my eyes and teeth =]

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AN ESSENTIAL to anyone's lipstick collection.

This is exactly the not-cliche-Marilyn-Monroe-red-and-more-dramatic red I've been looking for. It has a matte finish, especially when applied with Burgundy Lip Liner by MAC.
The two make a stunning combination.

Lasts long! I could go two meals without having to reapply.

Amazing coverage. Does not leave empty spots on your lipsticks like other MAC lipsticks tend to do and looks great even when applied without lip liner or a brush.

Definitely a MAC classic.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by ChassyChas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

All my life I've been on a hunt for the perfect dark lipstick as I am really confused of what my skin tone really is.. But I'm guessing I'm a neutral to warm type. Then my sister came home from Cali and gave three mac lipsticks to my mom which includes this color. I tried it and I instantly fell in love with it! So I took it away from my mom. Hah! I've already got my third tube and I wear it whenever I feel like I wanna wear it. It gives me the feel of sophistication and somehow boosts up my confidence cause people always compliment my lips with it. The only problem i have with this lippie is that it feathers out like hell without a lip liner. Im not really a fan of lip liners as my lips quickly gets dry when I put more than one product in it even if I exfoliate before application which is kinda sad :( (suggestions, anyone?) so i tend to check my lips in the mirror whenever I feel like I have the need to.. But that doesn't stop me from falling in love with this! would def buy again and again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by gracebarker

Beautiful, burgundy colour perfect for winter/autumn as many others have said. It definitely needs a lip liner otherwise it looks a little messy (but maybe that's application haha) My only issue is that it's slightly drying on my lips but I suppose that's the sacrifice you make with matte lip products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

This is my signature lipstick! it makes me feel so confident. great formula and color and it suits my dark hair and pale-olive complexion so well. I would trade in like 90% of my lipsticks for a lifetimes supply of this shade. I know it will be a staple for me for many years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect dark red colour for autumn and winter and I absolutely LOVE it!!! I find it hard to wear any other time of year but it is definitely a must buy! I love the matte-ish formula but it definitely needs a lipliner, please don't wear it without lipliner people or else it will bleed outside of your lipline...I hate that! It is slightly warm toned so I feel like it makes my teeth look slightly yellow compared with cool toned reds however, I still love this lipstick and will be wearing it throughout autumn and winter this year!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Diva- macs intense, sultry lipstick! On me it's a very dark red while on my friend who is bit fairer it looks like a burgundy colour. I love the matte finish, makes it look more sophisticated, the colour is a show stopper! People look twice at you because like I mentioned it's very sultry. Perfect for fall due to its darkness but I love wearing it in summer as well. I can only wear diva if my outfit is dark so generally black tops and dresses. Looks great with leather too! I could never stop repurchasing this! If you want to try vampy colours but you're afraid to try diva first. It's dark but not like cyber or smoked purple. Diva may be compatible to colours like media and hangup but I don't see much resemblance on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ohcaitlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE Diva! For ages, I was wearing Russian Red. I began to think it was red enough, but not deep enough. I didn't want something more purple, or more brown. Just darker! Diva is just that! Smooth, no feathering, no crusty garbage, sinks in nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Barbirivera

I went to MAC yesterday looking for fall colors and I ended up buying Diva and Rebel. I'm in love. I've been wearing Diva since I tried it on in the store. It's the perfect vampy red, it's matte so lip balm is a must, but overall it's those purchases I certainly do not regret. Maybe HG, I'll have to come back to you on that one!