April 19, 2014 | 1714 users online

Blush - MAC - Harmony

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by danielle616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to contour/bronzing powder! I have light skin (NW20-25). I use my Real Techniques powder brush and a light hand and this look flawless as a face contour! I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by madscientist01

This is a great bronzer, marketed as a blush. It's impossible to find good drugstore bronzers (they're either too orange, shimmery, or both), so I decided to try this. The colour is perfect for my pale skin, I love that it's totally matte, it blends very well, and doesn't look at all cakey. The only thing I dont like about this is that it is rather sheer, and not well pigmented, so I need a lot of product to get the colour I want. I wouldn't mind in terms of price, but all powders look a lot less natural the more you put on....I think this could look SO much better if it was just more pigmented so I could use less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After searching for years for the perfect contour powder I have finally found 'the one!'
I range from nc25 in the winter to nc35/40 in the summer. I have been using this since February and I absolutely LOVE it. Its the perfect neutral brown colour, with no obvious warm undertone. I apply it with my Mac angled brush under my jawline and in the hollows of my cheeks. I can honestly say that not a day goes by when I skip this step in my routine, it makes my face appear so much more defined but in a natural looking way. If you are fair to medium skin toned then I would say that Harmony would be the perfect contouring shade for you. I will definitely repurchase when it eventually runs out however I can see that this will last me a very long time because it's highly pigmented and I only need to use a tiny bit on my brush. Highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this product is definitely worth the hype. I'm NC25 in summer and NC20 in winter. I have been a loyal user of NARS Laguna for years but was really looking for a matte bronzer and this one definitely suits my skin tone perfectly. The color is a matte brown with red undertones, which I find is actually perfect--with a light hand--for creating an all over tanned look since your skin gets a red undertones naturally when you tan. The color also works really well as a contour and doesn't look too red at all. If anything, Laguna tends to look much more orange on me than this does. This is perfect for a subtle contour for every day. Like every other MAc blush I've tried, the powder is also very pigmented and a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by macprincess15

At first I hated this blush so horrible. Just left it in my makeup storage for a few months. I remembered when i first tried it , there was no color pay off , AT ALL.
Then I rediscovered it this morning and tried it again with a different brush (Real techniques buffing brush) and it worked amazingly. I realized it was the brush i used last time that was ruining the product! (Elf powder brush)
I have light-medium skin and this worked for me and i recommend it to anyone with fair-light skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Efeemck

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do like this blush- it is a good shade on my nc40 skin tone but it can look a little muddy and it doesn't last long. It's good for contouring but not on the apples of your cheeks x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A nice neutral color which suits better for contouring rather than blushing. Doesn't run orangey or grey.
For ref: I am NW 20/25 and it can be bit too dark if applied with a heavy hand. I would recommend to use a small amount at a time and build up slowly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by conniehe

Slightly OVER-rated...

I bough this a while ago when i first intend to wear bronzer in my face for a little countour and definition (i have round face).

As i have fair skin and become a ghost in winter i was very scared to end up with orange or brown face..
I did a lot of research and visist the MAC counter several times to see if anything fit my intentions... (i had also watched pixiwoos and tanya burr talking wonders about the product)

well, i went ahead and bought it...

At FIRST:

LOVE LOVE LOVE natural looking countour and slight dimension to the face .. applied with either Real Tecniques Contour brush or Real Tecniques Blush Brush

really nice product without being to harsh or too pigmented or orange or muddy .. i looked normal and I could tell the difference .. not the entire world.

LATER..

i started to grow more into the hole bronze thing and the deeper contour .. and also realized the redtone this blush had.. with my pink undertoned skin it started to look a little weird and less noticeable..

AT THE END:

Still like this for everyday use.. college, meeting, coffee, whatever
BUT
its not very pigmented and DOES fade away after about 4 hours.. really gone
AND for going out or more bold looks i was looking for something more noticeable and more pigmented that would allow me to actually have a contour line

So i went ahead a bought the Bobbi Brown Bronzing powder in "Golden Light" and so far im liking it, its very pigmented, absoluty matte and stay on way better than Harmony

I would buy this again for every day - careless use but the product itself is not amazing and definitily it makes me wanna stay away from Mac blushes (as longevity and pigmentation goes).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i am so glad i finally tried this blush. i have been using gingerly by mac for the last 2 years. i like this even more than gingerly. im very impressed with this blush. it looks lovely. i wear dramatic eye makeup so i need a neutral cheek color. this blush is perfect for me. it just warms up my complexion. i can use a blush brush to apply it to my cheeks or use a smaller brush to contour with and emphasize my bone structure. im currently C6 in mac face and body foundation. in the winter im C4.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is very pale with a light yellow undertone (MAC NC10-15 or C1) and I always need something to bring colour to my face. My skin often looks dull, pale and lifeless. On top of that, I never tan or use dark self-tanners, so I need a bronzer to freshen up my complexion.
Especially in spring and summertime, I long for a sunkissed look even as a PPP.
Enter Harmony from MAC.
This is one color, I wouldn´t have reached for if not for my lovely MAC MUAs, who recommended this to me.
I used the ELF Golden Bronzer, but never managed to find a matte bronzer for my skin as they all looked orange on my skin.
I looked at the usual bronzers from MAc, but my MUA suggested Harmony instead. She said, it was officially labelled as a blush, but would work very good as bronzer and contouring colour on pale skin as it doesn´t turn orange.
I was sceptical, but she applied it and I was sold. I looked fresh, alive, healthy and polished with this, so all the things you would want in a good bronzer.
To be honest, I don´t need to contour much as my face is tiny and slim with high cheekbones and I look like a skeleton with obvious contouring.
But as a bronzer, this is unbeatable for me.
I just use this with a big fluffy ELF mineral powder brush by swirling the brush around in the pan, tapping the excess off and applying it lightly like a big C on my forehead, temples and under my cheekbones. Sometimes I do a light dusting on my nose and cheekbones to make me look sunkissed.
I always use this with a light hand, but I never got streaks or odd looking colour on my face from this. I looked at it in plain sunlight and it works beautifully on my skin.
I also use this as a blush, but my main use is that of a bronzer. As a blush it enhances the illusion, that I might be tanned or spent a day in the sun. Again, creating a healthy appearance while being very neutral. You can combine it with a lot of eyeshadows and lipsticks.
A true multitasking product, this became a staple in my make-up kit in no time at all.
Mac describes this as a muted rose-beige brown, which explains, why it never turns orange. The undertones are more like a dirty-ashy cool brown, which might not work for every skintone, but for those who have problems with warm-orange-brown based bronzers, this would be worth a try.
Highly recommended.