August 28, 2014 | 1292 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by Shakeitdontbreakit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A lash primer is not something I normally buy. If it's part of a double ended mascara I'll use it but generally I'm indifferent. But I gotta say, this one is quite good. It really does add more oomph to mascara. So much so that I repurchased when I ran out... and I actually ran out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by fatimsidd

I was really excited to try this base because of the promise that it will protect your lashes and keep them from being as damaged by the waterproof mascaras that I like to use. It does do what it promises... it lengthens lashes a bit more before applying mascara and lashes do feel healthier after you take your mascara off for the day... however... the difference is not significant enough to justify paying the price for it.. and the packaging sucks.. almost every time that I have tried to open the tube the little black plastic part that you are supposed to wipe your brush off on comes out attached to the brush and I have to screw it back on and carefully make sure they separate properly while opening the second time... after which is does do its job but for the price you pay this should not be a problem with the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by blackberries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been a drugstore mascara gal but ever since I started buying a lot of makeup from Sephora (online, of course) and received lots of samples .... Mascara samples, I received quite a few (woohoo!!). And this lash primer was officially the FIRST expensive mascara item I bought (thanks to the sample!)

I love itttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before this primer, I use two mascaras (sometimes even three) to pump and darken my lashes. Mascara is really the only makeup I wear now because I want to spend my mornings studying (I'm working full time as well).

SO this primer is fantastic! I love it because it doesn't clump and it adds a nice, thin layer to my lashes. Before this, my solution was mascara + mascara (which usually clumps very well, but if I apply slowly..)

I've been sneakily using this primer for almost a year now -I know I should probably throw it out but there is still product in there! And it was like $28CAD!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by i8chrispbacon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sadly giving this one a bad review. I,like a few others I saw, had a sample work great but got the full size and meh. I thought it was great for a couple days until I forgot to use it and realized the mascara by itself was better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by radnan16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product straightened my eyelashes out completely after i curled it. Even when i tried to recurl it, the curl wouldn't hold and would just weigh itself down. It does make your lashes look longer, but it straightens them out and makes them look clumpy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by SeekingFor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

got a sample of this with purchase and it doesn't hold a curl and mediocre on lengthening effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by royas784

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG status for sure. I first tried Cils Booster XL in the sample sized version I got as a Sephora perks gift. It was my first time using a mascara primer, and the sales rep assured me it was a great product that would help plump up my lashes and them look better overall, while protecting against the drying/damaging effects of mascara. She was absolutely right. I like this so much, I bought the full sized tube once I ran out.

Cils Booster XL applies smoothly and evenly, provided you don't have an excessive amount on the wand. I let it dry for about 10-15 seconds, then apply mascara. Any mascara I use ends up looking more done up and glam, yet polished. This minimizes clumps and makes lashes look more fanned out and plumped. I already have long lashes, but like that this provides added length and volume (my lashes are long and dark, but not too thick). I usually use Essence Get Big Lashes mascara (available at Ulta).

I must say I already have long eyelashes that have been made longer and healthier by two factors: a) I hardly ever wear mascara-- only for special occasions or when I feel like it, and b) I remove eye makeup with jojoba oil, and even dab a bit on my lash line at night even when I haven't worn any eye makeup. Both have made my lashes healthier, longer and stronger. BUT, I can't go without Cils Booster on days/nights when I do wear mascara. When my lashes were not quite as full, this still helped fill them out and make them look more lush and retro glam. Now that my lashes are long and full on their own, I still like using this to make them look "vavoom." This is a must-have product for eye makeup loving gals and guys, whose lashes can never look too perfect. With Cils Booster, you will get added length and volume, without looking overdone. If you're looking for a great mascara primer, look no further.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by jonesse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my desert-island makeup. (Ok, the mascara, too.)

I went from having skimpy blonde lashes that resembled those on a baby hamster to big ol' doll lashes. And no weird fiber clumps like on the drugstore versions. (I have tried them all, hoping to save 20 bucks, but they're just not worth it!)

With this and Definicils I can hike, sleep, cry a little, and all stays put. I pretty much won't go out of the house without this now. Sad but true. Blink, blink...

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by prettygoldenbrown

Wow this is by far one of those "best beauty products of the decade". I got it as a sample initially, and now i cant remember the last time i've been this happy with a product. Can you live without this lash primer? Perhaps so. But after trying it, i know you would never want to be without it. Amazing stuff! Applied before mascara, don't need to wait or anything- the white stuff looks weird but disappears after you've applied your fave or not-so-fave mascara. I use less mascara too because of it. My lashes look denser, longer, just like doll lashes with this stuff- it's ridiculous (did i tell you i have super short straight lashes?). I have used it with bobbi brown, mac plush lash, and benefit bad gal-- it basically makes any mascara you have extra awesome. I noticed i have no falling/loose lashes throughout the day too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Leahcd

This mascara base is just amazing. It preps your lashes and you can place them how you like without clumping them so when you come to apply your regular mascara, your lashes are perfectly placed. its a must-have!