October 30, 2014 | 1680 users online

Deodorants - Weleda - Wild Rose Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by claudia1408

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used both the wild rose deodrant and the citrus one too. This one however i prefer just because it makes me smell of roses!! It is definitely worth the money with all (or nearly all) natural ingredients and i find it lasts for ages. Although one word of advice...don't use after you've shaved it stings alot!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by ponysonata

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love the smell of this deodorant. It isn't an old lady rose smell. It smells very fresh and I just love to sniff it. It smells strange when you first put it on. It is also very strongly scented so don't apply too much. I don't think it deodorizes- this is sort of impossible for any deodorant because in order to deodorize you have to kill the bacteria. This deodorant isn't capable of that. You will smell funky after only a few hours which is why I gave it four lippies. You have to reapply. I don't really mind that it isn't an antiperspirant but I wish it masked odor better. You will be fine as long as you reapply a few times a day. I have to reapply every 4-6 hours... so I think I will look for something a little stronger but this does smell really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I thought this smelled lovely (kind of like a spicy rose)and I enjoyed using it. Though I would use this on top of my crystal stick deodorant because I did not trust this product to do a good job of being an anti-perspirant. After my underarms were completely dry from the crystal, I'd spritz a little of this on to just add a nice fragrance. I liked that later in the day (especially on warmer days or after I'd been active) I would catch a pleasant wiff of this. And this mixed nicely with the Coty Wild Musk that I'd often wear. I stopped getting this only because it's not a necessity for me (the crystal stick deodorant works great for me!) and I mainly just liked the added scent. Plus this was an added step for me in the morning. But, alas, if I were rich I'd always keep a bottle on hand. Recommended as an addition/back-up to an unscented anti-perspirant to add a little natural fragrance. Lovely scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this deodorant for years now and I love it. It is the only natural deodorant that works on me all day. I have tried all of the other brands: Kiss my Face, Toms, Liquid Rock, Avalon, Jason, Aubrey, etc. None of them would even last half a day.. I am very active and eat a lot of spicy foods, garlic and onions.. yes these foods will make you smell, especially onions! I have tried not eating them and the difference is amazing. This deodorant will not keep you from sweating... but in my opinion that is good. It has been proven that using anti-perspirants is a contributor to breast cancer. After all, the arm pit is one of the places where the body purges most toxins thru the skin and if the pores are blocked up the toxins will build up in the surrounding tissues. And with two breast cancer survivors in my family who have sworn off anti-perspirants... I would be foolish not to listen to their advice!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry to ruin the rave reviews, but I thought this was AWFUL -- and a huge waste of money $16! It's not an antiperspirant, so I knew it wouldn't block sweat. But I was hoping that the wild rose scent would nicely eliminate odor. Nope. It worked for about an hour this summer and I had to reapply.

Worse, this contains mostly alcohol and irritating fragrant components like limonene, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate -- and it burned like crazy, especially on freshly shaved underarms. After a week of using this, I had red bumps under my arms.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just came to England for five weeks and I knew there was a Whole Foods right by me so I *incorrectly* assumed that I'd be able to find my usual ToM crystal confidence deodorant. Couldn't find it, and I figured from reading MuA reviews in the past that this would be the next best thing. It works, which is a lot to say for deodorants without aluminum, but i took off one lippie because it costs way more than I'd like to spend on deodorant and the packaging SUCKS. it's a spray bottle that's soooo hard to aim properly. why not just make a roll-on?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

Finally, I found a deodorant combo that works, and this is half of it. I just LOVE Weleda's products, and was thrilled to find that this deo works really well for me. I put on Bubble and Bee's Geranium-lime Pit Putty (yeah, I'm not crazy about the name either, but it works) then spray the Wild Rose deo on top of that, and I'm good for the entire day!

I think it smells wonderful, and with the combination of lime/geranium/rose, I get a feminine, slightly sexy scent. The spray bottle is awesome, easy to use, and recyclable, and the ingredients are organic and pretty darn safe. My HG.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this deodorant for several years and will probably continue to do so.

In the past, I have also used:
- Dr. Hauschka floral deodorant
- Kiehls anti-persperant/deodorant
- Tom's of Maine deodorant (lavender)
- Clarins deodorant
- Erbaviva deodorant

This is my favorite because it works well and has a very pleasant floral fragrance. I find that the scent combines well with other products that I use and with my various perfumes. I also really like Dr. Hauschka deodorant and will occasionally alternate, but this one is half the price. As far as rose fragrances go, Weleda's is superior to most. I very rarely have to apply this deodorant a second time. Obviously, this is not recommended for people who dislike classic feminine scents.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. It is not enough on its own to prevent sweat odor if you sweat a whole lot -- like during the summer. I use it over liquid crystal. I used the Secret Platinum Anti-Persperant for years, but I became more conscious of aluminum crystals and Alzheimer's Disease and decided to move to deodorants. I tried Tom's which did not work and just the crystal on its own and just this on its own. All of them were not enough. Kiss My Face crystal in Summer works okay -- but I still use one of the Weleda over it. This one is the best one of the bunch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This deodorant is absolutely amazing. It's aluminum-free but protects against sweat and odor better than drugstore deodorant. Seriously. MUCH better. It's extremely expensive but smells great and it works! I'm a fan.

The spray bottle is kind of awkward, though. Maybe if it came in an aerosol-type can... but that wouldn't be very eco-friendly.