April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Deodorants - Weleda - Wild Rose Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by bzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this deodorant for years now and I love it. It is the only natural deodorant that works on me all day. I have tried all of the other brands: Kiss my Face, Toms, Liquid Rock, Avalon, Jason, Aubrey, etc. None of them would even last half a day.. I am very active and eat a lot of spicy foods, garlic and onions.. yes these foods will make you smell, especially onions! I have tried not eating them and the difference is amazing. This deodorant will not keep you from sweating... but in my opinion that is good. It has been proven that using anti-perspirants is a contributor to breast cancer. After all, the arm pit is one of the places where the body purges most toxins thru the skin and if the pores are blocked up the toxins will build up in the surrounding tissues. And with two breast cancer survivors in my family who have sworn off anti-perspirants... I would be foolish not to listen to their advice!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by EcoPretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry to ruin the rave reviews, but I thought this was AWFUL -- and a huge waste of money $16! It's not an antiperspirant, so I knew it wouldn't block sweat. But I was hoping that the wild rose scent would nicely eliminate odor. Nope. It worked for about an hour this summer and I had to reapply.

Worse, this contains mostly alcohol and irritating fragrant components like limonene, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate -- and it burned like crazy, especially on freshly shaved underarms. After a week of using this, I had red bumps under my arms.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by shipinabottle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just came to England for five weeks and I knew there was a Whole Foods right by me so I *incorrectly* assumed that I'd be able to find my usual ToM crystal confidence deodorant. Couldn't find it, and I figured from reading MuA reviews in the past that this would be the next best thing. It works, which is a lot to say for deodorants without aluminum, but i took off one lippie because it costs way more than I'd like to spend on deodorant and the packaging SUCKS. it's a spray bottle that's soooo hard to aim properly. why not just make a roll-on?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by wildflower85

Finally, I found a deodorant combo that works, and this is half of it. I just LOVE Weleda's products, and was thrilled to find that this deo works really well for me. I put on Bubble and Bee's Geranium-lime Pit Putty (yeah, I'm not crazy about the name either, but it works) then spray the Wild Rose deo on top of that, and I'm good for the entire day!

I think it smells wonderful, and with the combination of lime/geranium/rose, I get a feminine, slightly sexy scent. The spray bottle is awesome, easy to use, and recyclable, and the ingredients are organic and pretty darn safe. My HG.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by lalelilolu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this deodorant for several years and will probably continue to do so.

In the past, I have also used:
- Dr. Hauschka floral deodorant
- Kiehls anti-persperant/deodorant
- Tom's of Maine deodorant (lavender)
- Clarins deodorant
- Erbaviva deodorant

This is my favorite because it works well and has a very pleasant floral fragrance. I find that the scent combines well with other products that I use and with my various perfumes. I also really like Dr. Hauschka deodorant and will occasionally alternate, but this one is half the price. As far as rose fragrances go, Weleda's is superior to most. I very rarely have to apply this deodorant a second time. Obviously, this is not recommended for people who dislike classic feminine scents.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. It is not enough on its own to prevent sweat odor if you sweat a whole lot -- like during the summer. I use it over liquid crystal. I used the Secret Platinum Anti-Persperant for years, but I became more conscious of aluminum crystals and Alzheimer's Disease and decided to move to deodorants. I tried Tom's which did not work and just the crystal on its own and just this on its own. All of them were not enough. Kiss My Face crystal in Summer works okay -- but I still use one of the Weleda over it. This one is the best one of the bunch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by thelaurenator

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This deodorant is absolutely amazing. It's aluminum-free but protects against sweat and odor better than drugstore deodorant. Seriously. MUCH better. It's extremely expensive but smells great and it works! I'm a fan.

The spray bottle is kind of awkward, though. Maybe if it came in an aerosol-type can... but that wouldn't be very eco-friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by timarieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After buying 4 different natural deodorants and all of them failing I decided to try Weleda's Wild Rose. IT WORKS!! I only have two qualms: price; REALLY strong smell. The rose smell is extremely strong. If you use more than one spray under each arm you will be quite the stinky lady. I don't find the rose smell offensive, just strong. Within an hour or two it calms down quite a bit. Luckily the product really does its job!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cleavereuphemism

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a life-saver for me and my boyfriend. We both use it and love it.

It's not an anti-persperant, but it still gets the job done. When he was working construction the BF would come home stinky every day until he started using this. Instead, he'd come home and his pits had a lovely lingering fragrance. (For real, I'd stick my nose in there to see whether it worked or not - it does.) It may not seem like a unisex scent but it's actually a rather musky fragrance and more clean-smelling than floral.

I've never been a fan of your standard drugstore-type deo as I have a real objection to the underlying scent that they all have, not to mention the fact that they don't work.

This stuff does what you want a deodorant to do - keep sweat at bay and make your pits smell good. LOVE it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2009 6:40:00 AM More reviews by glitteralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product has a fantastic smell-hubby, who never cares what scent I wear, said I smelled "like the beach" after applying this. As to effectivity, the alcohol can only hold BO at bay for so long. I have a trick-spray the deo, then use it to moisten a salt rock. Then I spray again. I know this is labor intensive, but less so than pretreating clothes due to BO or having to toss them out. Note: these 2 products together will keep odor-producing bacteria at bay, but will not prevent sweating (a good thing). In order to absorb (not prevent sweat), add a dusting of healthy body powder.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No