Weleda Wild Rose Deodorant

Alcohol, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum)*, Limonene*, Linalool*, Citronellol*, Benzyl Alcohol*, Benzyl Benzoate*, Benzyl Salicylate*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Eugenol*, Farnesol*, Rosa Moschata (Rosehip) Leaf Extract, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Glycerin, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate. * from natural essential oils

on 1/11/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been shopping around for natural deodorants and figured I'd try this out. It smells nice on it's own, but when worn for a few hours, I smell worse than if I wasn't wearing it at all. It's expensive as well. Not worth the purchase, at all.

on 4/13/2012 4:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This product is Ok, but I will not repurchase for several reasons. 1) the smell is too pungent for me. and has an odd hint of BO to it, straight out of the bottle. seeing as how i want my deodorant to cover the smell of BO, I don't really want one that starts out smelling like perfume covering BO. 2) this has alcohol, and stings a bit when applied, especially after shaving. 3) glass bottle+tile bathroom=no good.

I dont mind reapplying if it means no chemicals in my pits. Really its the strong pungent smell of this i do not like. It will def interefere with any perfume you try to wear. Unless you love how this smells on its own, i'd skip it.

on 1/21/2012 5:29:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought this after I had read all the positive reviews about it and I really hoped that I would like it too. I have had a hard time finding a natural deodorant that actually works, I sweat a lot.

But I must say I got really disappointed with this deodorant. It smells of roses, not my favourite scent but it's okay and I like that it comes in a spray bottle, it also dries quickly on the skin. However it just didn't take away the sweat smell at all, I actually felt that the deodorant made the sweat smell worse. It keeps the sweat smell away for about two hours and after that it doesn't have any effect at all.

I have also noticed that the deodorant sometimes has irritated my armpits and given me small red bumps under my arms, not nice.

This deodorant just didn't work for me, but I know that my sister likes it so I guess what works for one person might not work for another.

on 8/17/2011 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have used both the wild rose deodrant and the citrus one too. This one however i prefer just because it makes me smell of roses!! It is definitely worth the money with all (or nearly all) natural ingredients and i find it lasts for ages. Although one word of advice...don't use after you've shaved it stings alot!

on 7/2/2011 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love the smell of this deodorant. It isn't an old lady rose smell. It smells very fresh and I just love to sniff it. It smells strange when you first put it on. It is also very strongly scented so don't apply too much. I don't think it deodorizes- this is sort of impossible for any deodorant because in order to deodorize you have to kill the bacteria. This deodorant isn't capable of that. You will smell funky after only a few hours which is why I gave it four lippies. You have to reapply. I don't really mind that it isn't an antiperspirant but I wish it masked odor better. You will be fine as long as you reapply a few times a day. I have to reapply every 4-6 hours... so I think I will look for something a little stronger but this does smell really good.

on 5/10/2011 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I thought this smelled lovely (kind of like a spicy rose)and I enjoyed using it. Though I would use this on top of my crystal stick deodorant because I did not trust this product to do a good job of being an anti-perspirant. After my underarms were completely dry from the crystal, I'd spritz a little of this on to just add a nice fragrance. I liked that later in the day (especially on warmer days or after I'd been active) I would catch a pleasant wiff of this. And this mixed nicely with the Coty Wild Musk that I'd often wear. I stopped getting this only because it's not a necessity for me (the crystal stick deodorant works great for me!) and I mainly just liked the added scent. Plus this was an added step for me in the morning. But, alas, if I were rich I'd always keep a bottle on hand. Recommended as an addition/back-up to an unscented anti-perspirant to add a little natural fragrance. Lovely scent.

on 10/12/2010 1:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this deodorant for years now and I love it. It is the only natural deodorant that works on me all day. I have tried all of the other brands: Kiss my Face, Toms, Liquid Rock, Avalon, Jason, Aubrey, etc. None of them would even last half a day.. I am very active and eat a lot of spicy foods, garlic and onions.. yes these foods will make you smell, especially onions! I have tried not eating them and the difference is amazing. This deodorant will not keep you from sweating... but in my opinion that is good. It has been proven that using anti-perspirants is a contributor to breast cancer. After all, the arm pit is one of the places where the body purges most toxins thru the skin and if the pores are blocked up the toxins will build up in the surrounding tissues. And with two breast cancer survivors in my family who have sworn off anti-perspirants... I would be foolish not to listen to their advice!

on 9/20/2010 2:28:00 PM

Sorry to ruin the rave reviews, but I thought this was AWFUL -- and a huge waste of money $16! It's not an antiperspirant, so I knew it wouldn't block sweat. But I was hoping that the wild rose scent would nicely eliminate odor. Nope. It worked for about an hour this summer and I had to reapply.

Worse, this contains mostly alcohol and irritating fragrant components like limonene, benzyl alcohol and benzyl benzoate -- and it burned like crazy, especially on freshly shaved underarms. After a week of using this, I had red bumps under my arms.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just came to England for five weeks and I knew there was a Whole Foods right by me so I *incorrectly* assumed that I'd be able to find my usual ToM crystal confidence deodorant. Couldn't find it, and I figured from reading MuA reviews in the past that this would be the next best thing. It works, which is a lot to say for deodorants without aluminum, but i took off one lippie because it costs way more than I'd like to spend on deodorant and the packaging SUCKS. it's a spray bottle that's soooo hard to aim properly. why not just make a roll-on?

on 4/9/2010 11:12:00 AM

Finally, I found a deodorant combo that works, and this is half of it. I just LOVE Weleda's products, and was thrilled to find that this deo works really well for me. I put on Bubble and Bee's Geranium-lime Pit Putty (yeah, I'm not crazy about the name either, but it works) then spray the Wild Rose deo on top of that, and I'm good for the entire day!

I think it smells wonderful, and with the combination of lime/geranium/rose, I get a feminine, slightly sexy scent. The spray bottle is awesome, easy to use, and recyclable, and the ingredients are organic and pretty darn safe. My HG.

Top Rated Weleda Products