October 22, 2014 | 1824 users online

Mascara - Kevyn Aucoin - Volumizing Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Island77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WORST mascara ever. It flakes, clumps, and drops off onto your face all day long. I feel myself constantly checking if I have black flakes on my face! Waste of money! I am in love with Geisha Ink's mascara but the girl at the boutique urged me to try this. I am soooo disappointed....straight into the garbage it goes.
It honestly does not even come close to my HG Geisha Ink Mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by VivaSue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara was almost exactly like Kiss-me, which I am not a fan of. Did not volumize and created the tubes around the lashes. I was disappointed the products were so similar.

**UPDATE- Geisha Ink's volume mascara is 1000x better then this one. If you were unhappy with this mascara, try Geisha Ink**

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate mascaras that smear on the bottom of my eye area. I dont like the raccoon effect since it makes me look tired. For some reason waterproof formulas still do that raccoon effect and I have bought all brands from drugstore to the really expensive ones, I finally found the mascara for me! I LOVE THIS FORMULA! It only comes off with warm water, and it coats your lashes with this black film. Its perfect! It never smears on me ever. I have tried Blinc, I still like Kevyn better just because the brush of Kevyn is better for me since I have very tiny lashes and it catches them all! I use this everyday and its really my go to mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 7:16:00 AM More reviews by mulberrylove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This one I loove! I was using ZA cutie curl volume for a couple of years before this and switched to some others (Lancome hypnose, Armani eyes to kill) but couldn't find one better to suit my short straight-ish lashes. This mascara is it! It has a small brush which is crucial to reach all my lashes without accidentally smearing the surrounding areas. It voluminizes well, like the ZA. But even better than the ZA, it doesn't smudge!!! Great for my oily lids. Comes off alright with an oil cleanser. A tip though, I use shiseido's mascara base first which helps to keep the curl much better, but that's the case for all the mascaras I've tried. 2 squeezes of the curler, 2 coats of base, and 2 coats of this lead to happy lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 6:17:00 AM More reviews by flamingofloozy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

great black volume effect. stays all day and all night with no smudging. unfortunately the tube dries up quite quickly so it is an expensive habit.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I'm on the younger end of this age bracket but I'm very dry-skinned and use eye cream. I have no tolerance for flakes or smudges in mascara and am drawn to mascaras that "tube" the eyelash.

I so wanted to love this. I'd been keeping an eye out for it for years, based on good reviews from MUA, and found it ON SALE through the holidays when I stopped by Sephora looking for a new cologne for my husband. I snagged it. I've been giving it a shot exclusively since. It doesn't flake or smudge -- so kudos for that. The brush or formulation, though, is reliably CLUMPY, regardless of how I apply this. I'd like good pigmented color on my otherwise decent lashes -- long lower lashes; naturally curled but shorter upper lashes than I'd like. It removes as do other tube-based lashes, but the wildly unnatural, clumpy look translates to a "no repurchase," regardless of the sale price. I'm back to Fiberwig -- which I do love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tvejsicky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?itemid=18713
I LOVE this mascara! It is the only one that does not smudge or move at all. The way it removes is its best feature: I run some warm water over my hands, put my fingers under my eyes, blink and presto it's gone! The other make up I have on my eyes takes longer to take off! I am so happy that it's at Sephora now, not just a Neiman Marcus...

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ChickenBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really starting to think there's no such thing as a 'volumizing' mascara. It's just a pleasing euphemism for 'clumpy'. And even though this is beautifully packaged and the actual mascara is a lovely jet black, you're still just paying for clumpy lashes. I also didn't like the 'tube' effect of the formula- instead of simply washing off, it flakes off strangely as you lather and when you open your eyes it looks like you have coffee grinds on your face. I only used this a few times after purchasing because I was afraid of washing one of these flakes INTO my eye.

Kevyn is a still personal hero and his legacy is a lovely product line. But from now on, if I want volume, I'll look into Revitalash or falsies.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by TucsonKat

I've been having so much trouble with mascara melting under my eyes. I have sparse but long lashes and I really like the way that Cover Girl Lash Blast looks when I first apply it, but two hours later it's under my eyes and I have to diligently swipe it away and the sensitive skin under my eyes was going crazy!

My friend recommended this to me and I may never buy another kind of mascara again. Absolutely my HG mascara. It goes on nicely with no clumping and stays on all day with zero drift. It even survives my Zumba classes and horseback riding!

If you have trouble with mascara not staying in place, you will love this mascara. Yes, it is expensive. I just don't care. It's awesome.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is similar to the likes of Kiss Me, Mirenesse and L'oreal Beauty Tubes in that it forms a tube around the induvidual lashes and can only be removed with water. I love that because it doesn't smudge AT ALL (withstands humidity, crying, gym, wet weather etc) and is great if you take your makeup off in the shower. The formula is certainly volumizing, but can tend to be a little clumpy sometimes so I use a lash brush to separate. I like the skinny brush because it means I can get into the inner corners easily and my lower lashes without smudging it. It is however, a pain in the butt to get off if you remove your makeup at the basin. It requires a fair bit of water to remove, and doesn't easily come off with makeup remover so if I know i'm not going to be showering later, I won't use this one. The tube is very sleek, but I do find a fair bit too much product comes off on the brush so sometimes you have to blot it. So far this is the only 'tube like' waterproof mascara I have used that actually gives a fair bit of volume to the lashes, and the fact that it doesn't smudge is a winner for me so I will continue using it until I find a cheaper and equal dupe.