Bath and Body Works Shower Gels

3.8

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just love Bath and Body Works products, and they're so affordable with their perpetual sales and bogos.

Their Shower Gels are no exception. They're wonderfully scented and do a great job at removing even the most stubborn deodorant.

However, I do feel they're a bit drying in the winter so I usually switch to their creamier formulas when the leaves fall and until the snow melts.

Sweet Pea is the only scent that I buy. In the shower the scent is overpowering but once you rinse off, all you smell is a subtle smell of Sweet Pea on my skin and in the bathroom. I use my wonderful exfoliating cloth and they work perfectly together. Then, I follow it up with Sweet Pea lotion. Since I have other products I use in the shower, I use this twice a week so I never tire of the sweet scent. They look and smell pretty. What's not to like. Also, after cleaning my tub and sink, I usually lather up a sponge and do a once over on the tub/sink and rinse. It leaves my bathroom smelling pretty, With so many scents carried by BBW and the price quite reasonable, no reason not to try one or all. Also dropped some in my laundry - just my unmentionables- and it also gives a nice pretty and subtle smell. Just be careful not to put tooo much or you'll have a mess.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

FOAM BURST BODY WASH! This stuff is a HG product! I just love it. It comes out as a gel and then explodes into a mousse. A little bit goes a long way. The scent is soft but noticable. The texture is perfect for shaving your legs! I believe this has been discontinued (I got mine at the outlet mall, 4 for $12) or at least re-packaged. I went back and bought two more to stash for later!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not long ago my shower was full of almost every scent from Bath and Body Works. I finally managed to get through almost all of them, I have two left that I just can't bring myself to use anymore. These have dried my sensitive skin out. They all smell lovely but I just can't stand to use them on my skin.

I have always preferred these over the CBW, I like the packaging and scents better than the body washes. I worked at BBW for about a year and stocked up on soooo many body washes cause they are AMAZING, especially the new formula! Very very moisturizing and great lather. My favorites are: All 3 cherry blossoms, enchanted orchid, and sensual amber.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have had these in a variety of scents over the years. I like to use them once in awhile but they tend to be a bit drying to my skin. I tend to prefer the creamy body wash to the shower gels. My HG body wash is Doctor Bronner's, which lathers with a rich creamy lather and smells amazing....I just wish Bath and Body Works would make a formula that is less stripping to skin. I will buy on sales but will not use on a regular basis.

Smells good, lathers well. Kind of expensive, but it does last a while. Not very moisturizing. Smell doesn't linger on skin. I will buy again if I get a gift certficate to BBW or if they are having a terrific sale (got the shower gel for $2.75). But I don't think it's worth the full retail price.

I have to admit that these smell really good, but...it made me break out horribly! They dried out my skin too. I realized that this was making my bacne and chest acne so much worse, and worst of all (don't read if you're squeamish):
I broke out on the back of my upper leg, not small zits, enormous pustules, with a black dot in the middle, and when I squeezed it, SO much white pus came out! I was so disgusted!!! >_<
I'm never using these again in my life!
As soon as I stopped using this, my skin went back to normal.
It's also ridiculously expensive for such a small amount of product.
Horrible, just completely horrible!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These are the only shower gels I will ever use, paired with the matching scent in the body lotions. The combination is perfect. I always get complements on how soft my skin is and I just feel comfortable in my skin all day. I don't like the oerfumy scents, but prefer the clean, fresh scents......freesia, irresistible apple, cool citrus basil, sea island cotton, etc.....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

love the shower gels in irresistable apple, brown sugar fig, juniper breeze, pink grapefruit, pearberry, and mango mandarin. lather well, get me clean, and smell so fresh all day long. i only buy during semi-annual, when they are $5 or less. a bottle lasts so long!