July 25, 2014 | 1661 users online

Blush - MAC - Matte Blush - Blunt

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ash10twenty

This is more of a contouring bronzer.It is completely matte...no sheen, shimmer, or frost. I am an NC 37/40 in MAC terms, which means I am a medium/tan tone. This works great as a contour powder, but it is super pigmented, and a little on the red brown side. Use this lightly, because it can look a little muddy if not used properly. And as for the packaging, I love MAC's simple plastic, see through, flip open containers. Easy to see, easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**Edit 8/8
This stuff broke me out! I couldnt figure out why until I looked at the ingredients, Bismuth Oxycholoride. That stuff is so terrible for your skin. I guess its lucky for me I wear really thick foundation, so it doesnt get totally on my skin, but Im pissed now because I cant take it back and I spend 30$ on it.
Im NW40/43, and I got this for contouring. This is very, VERY pigmented. I use the ELF blush brush to place it, and a big fluffy brush to blend it out. You really have to blend this or it will look too harsh. Its easy to over do this. Once its blended out, it gives the most beautiful contour. Its very expensive, but since you dont have to use that much, I can see it lasting a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

As a blush, this is pretty awful. I can't imagine a shade like this being flattering on anyone. That being said, it makes an awesome contour for medium complected women.

I have an NC42 complexion, and this works beautifully as a contour for my jawline, cheekbones, and nose. It shows up without looking too bold or red. It's a nice warm, deep brown that is very pigmented. Be sure that you only put the tiniest amount of product on your brush, and be sure to blend well to prevent any harshness.

Anyway, like I said. It's a nice contour for medium skin, but it's not HG status (meaning I could find something just as good or better, easily). And I can't really think what else you could use this for. If you are fair or very dark complected, it would probably show up muddy or too red.

All right product, but not an essential. I would buy it again simply because it IS a little difficult to find a NON shimmery contouring product for my medium complexion. This is not for everyone though.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this for a blush, not a contour. I'm darkskinned, but not NW45. I have yellow undertones so maybe NC55? I'm Trinidad in NARS. On me Blunt is really red! It looks nothing like what's in the pan. Weird. I'm taking it back because I hate red blush. I was looking for a brown blush that would be really subtle on me. Blunt is not that blush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by herngc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like most I bought this for contouring. For ref I'm about a NC 35. I'm not going to lie when I first saw this I was a little scared because it was so brown. Yes this can look like mud on your face BUT you must know how to work with this. If you have fair skin I don't think this will look that great but for us olive girls it actually works good. The key is to BLEND BLEND BLEND. Oh and did I mention BLEND? Use as little as possible because a little goes a long way. I don't think I would purchase this again just because it's not HG status in my book. I feel like there is better out there

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference: MAC NC 30-35.

I bought this for contouring - never used it as blush and NEVER tried it as a bronzer (yikes!). Its a brown with almost a reddish undertone and very very pigmented. I like it, I do not love it and I do not think it's the best contour color around. My issue with it is that the color and finished result is almost a bit unnatural.

Blunt is okay. However you have to use a light hand, fantastic brushes, and BLEND. If you don't blend this very well you will look ridiculous. I'm using it with my NARS Ita Kabuki then blending it with the NARS Botan Kabuki. But still, the finished result is rather harsh. It just doesn't look natural - it looks like you contoured. In a dark setting (nighttime) where you want that heavy contoured look it works. But for everyday, it is rather harsh.

I'd much rather use something a bit softer in finish. I find that the NARS bronzer multiple (Malaysia) works better for me in terms of contouring. I've also tried and loved the Smashbox contour kit (3 colors) because the colors look more like the natural shadows of your face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hapapower

Let me start by saying that Blunt is not a color I would wear on my NC35 skin. It looks muddy and dirty and draws in too much light. But when I do my makeup for bodybuilding shows and use a foundation (Bobbi Brown Warm Walnut) which makes me look more like an NC43, Blunt makes a fantastic contour powder because it shows up well without looking too dark, as long as I BLEND BLEND BLEND. I like applying Blunt as a contour, blending well, then layering a bit of Comfort MSF on top for a beautiful, bronzed look and a believable contour when onstage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Chidders

I am happy with this product. Unfortunately I do not know what my skin tone is in terms of MAC, but I use this with an angled blush brush for contouring. I find it blends well and has no shimmer so it is ideal for what I use it for.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:08:00 AM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've worn this blush as a contour a while back, but just started wearing it again as of yesterday and I still love it! It is a beautiful mid-tone brown for darker skin; although on lighter skins it could be used as a very subtle blush or even a bronzer. I love how this gives my NC45 skintone a nice contour without looking heavy or too "red". Just as a suggestion, its best to use the 190 black contour brush from MAC for the best results! And remember the 3 b's: BLEND, BLEND, BLEND!

I will definately purchase this again!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by josiekwon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this sooo much after seeing Kandee Johnson's love for this blush in her makeup tutorials. However, after 3 days of consecutive use (and washing etc. of course) I broke out specifically where I placed this with cystic acne. So sad, so I will not be purchasing this again. Wierd because I bought MAC's pink cult the same day and used that as well, but that blush (both matte) did not break me out.

When I did use this blush, I used to contour, and even though I am fair - mediun (~NC 30-35), the color was not too dark. Used with a light hand and an angled powder brush, the color itself blended beautifully and did not get muddy on me throughout the day. Be warned though, too heavy a hand will result in muddiness, too much red tones in the contour (if used as a contour), and general cakiness.

Hope this helps!~