November 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by AS437

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is definitely a holy grail product for me. Dolce Vita is a sheer, (kind of) buildable rose color that is universally flattering on many skin tones. It feels moisturizing on my lips and lasts for a reasonable amount of time (for me at least... most lipsticks tend to wear off quickly on me). If I were to lose or run out of this lipstick, I would definitely purchase it again. My only complaint about this product is the packaging. Although it looks lovely and the plastic has a nice, soft satiny-finish, it feels incredible flimsy and cheap compared to other lipstick containers at a similar price point. However, having said that, the packaging will not deter me from purchasing this again. It's more of a minor annoyance than something to really complain about.

Bottom line: A great lipstick for those who want a natural, flattering look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by hersheykiss1313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick. Its the perfect balance for a smoky eye, or just for a neutral look. I expected more of a dusty rose from how it appeared in the tube, but instead I got a perfect YLLB. For reference, I'm a dirty blonde with pale skin (though slightly warm toned) and blue eyes, and it is as perfect on me as it is on my friends with darker hair and more olive skin.

The formula is creamy, and there is a slight rose smell, but nothing too obnoxious. I wish for a better staying power, but it is a sheer lipstick. That said, because I love the NARS packaging, I don't mind reapplying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is such a no brainier, I really don't know who this wouldn't look good on. Perfect for the office and every day, and goes with a lot of looks. Pricy, but you will be able to wear it so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had a hard time choosing which lipstick was to be my last beauty purchase of 2013. It was narrowed down between Urban Decay Naked and NARS Dolce Vita.
I am super glad I chose Dolce Vita! It is definitely a MLBB shade on me and I can get away with multiple layers applied, and still have it look natural!
Definitely will repurchase this baby. However, my only complaint is the packaging. It's velvety smooth exterior does attract and makes it look grungy after a while. But it's what's on the inside that counts!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked this up at Sephora today after realizing the reason I was there, NARS Albatross, had run out at yet ANOTHER location. I have been a fan of NARS lip products for years, always sticking with the nudey-nudes like Belle du Jour, Blonde Venus, etc. This time around I was looking for something that had a bit more pink in it, to achieve that coveted MLBB look. I've seen Dolce Vita before but had reservations because it looks a lot darker in the tube, and as a pale person there's only so much pigment I can pull off in the daytime. I also hate how so many rosy nudes venture toward plum purple as they get more pigmented. Well, suffice to say that this shade ended up being nothing like what I expected. It is very sheer, but if you are light skinned with lips that aren't super pigmented, it is the holy grail of holy grails as far as a perfect, natural warm based YLBB color. No purple or red here, just a rosy pink with brown undertones. The consistency was another pleasant surprise.. it is ever so glossy and very moisturizing. The best part is that the color transitions well from day to night and, I would imagine, through seasons. A definite must have if you are looking for a rosy nude with no shimmer, that will add to your look without overpowering it. Btw.. I paired it with MAC's Subculture liner and NARS Chihuahua gloss for amped-up results, they are a superb team.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:10:00 AM More reviews by Merryweather

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome quality lipstick! This is the first lipstick ever i own from Nars as the brand is not available in The Netherlands.I purchased it on Ebay and had no real expectations of it.Just liked the color It came last friday and i tried it inmediately and it is great! It lasts al long time without lip primer so i think when i use my M.A.C prep & prime lip underneath it will be even more great!The color is soft but intense and absolutely lovely with my med skintone

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This has to be hands down the glossiest lipstick that I have ever used- including the Korres Mango Butter Lipsticks. The color is a very sheer natural lip color (pinkish). It polishes the look, but it definitely does not define it. This is not a dramatic lipstick. I really enjoyed the feeling on my lips and the sheen it gave. I prefer more pigmented lipsticks, but this was still a good purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Leeana24

I LOVE this lipstick so much. This is an excellent lipstick and I am very pleased with it. I've always used MAC lipsticks and I love that they have a wide variety of colors and finishes, but this lipstick just beats em. The color is perfect on Medium-Olive skin and it looks very natural. The MAC that I have that is similar to this is Cosmo and the big difference is the consistency. The MAC ones have a thicker consistency that does not moisturize my lips and I often have to apply lip balm under and on top of it. With the NARS dolce vita, it's very moisturizing on its own and it glides on very smoothly. I also don't have to reapply so often! It is quite pricey though (good thing I got it as a gift, not sure if I would buy it myself XD)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by lipstickthespian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a big fan of Nars lipsticks. There is nothing wrong with the product itself. The color isn't flattering on someone of my complexion (extremely fair). The color did nothing for me and looked off putting. I ended up giving the tube to my mom, because she has some olive tones, dark hair and dark eyes. It looked much better on her.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

Another decent lipstick from Nars.

It's a good, glossy, slightly warm dusty rose. It can be worn on its own for a nice, natural non-fussy lip. I like upping the glossy factor and warming it up a bit more with the Nars Orgasm lip gloss.