September 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Coco Mademoiselle

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by goldenlight83

MmmmMmmmMmmm. I love this perfume in the edp, edt, and, pure oil form. This is like luxury in a bottle. You feel as if you're rich with maid servants and lots of men and they all beckon unto your voice. Your presence wont be left unknown, they follow every step behind you. It smells very expensive, sweet, fresh, yet feminine and the best thing for me it last all day. This is not a young girly fragrance unless you are mature enough to wear it. Its not for the faint-hearted, its for a woman who knows what she wants (a go getter, not easily persuaded, but is able to handle her own). You will feel like a queen that has conquered the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Mmm this perfume is so lovely. I first experienced CM when I was about 10, and my mum took me to London for holidays. We stayed at mums friends house, and she wore CM. There was a bottle of it perched up on her white bookcase. She smelled amazing every time she walked past. I decided to revisit CM 6 years later, and oh my. It's still amazingly beautiful. I didn't have a lot of money, so I went ahead and bought the 50mL of the EDT. It smelled lovely, but a lot lighter than the EDP. The staying power wasn't very good though, and I was very upset, as it cost me $130AUD. I got a sample of the EDP, and I prefer that over the EDT. I am planning on buying 100mL of the EDP tomorrow. It costs $234AUD but it's totally worth it! On my skin, CM slowly turns into a buttery, sophisticated masterpiece, and it lasts forever. This perfume will forever be a favourite of mine <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by kittenshonour

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't want to like this. I identify with Bois des Iles (though I don't own a full bottle) and for many years I wore no.19. Im earthy. Im rock n' roll. I'm a feminist. I teach yoga. My favourite sounds are Coltrane and Thelonious. I'm well educated. But this! This is sweet, and fruity, and all the twenty-somethings love it and it has that pouty princess Keira as its face and she is so not me and it may as well be more popular than no.5. I am NOT the catchment for this cash cow. But I went and bought it because I couldn't not. And I wore it- in EDP- and it seemed so gorgeous and lasted well on me with my only misgiving (apart from the many touted above) being that there was this moment when I put it on of fake nails on a shiny pink toffee blackboard that led me to believe it was in fact all those things I didn't want to be associated with. And so I sold it on eBay, to raise some new-season-frock-funds you see. But then when it sold, I realised that I had to use said funds to buy the bloody thing again because I missed it so!
I didn't re-buy the EDP, I bought the pure parfum. Just a tiny bottle so I could dab it on and maybe salvage some of my dignity while I head off down the street smelling like everybody else. This way I get all the benefit of this lovely stinky babe who is now a good friend of mine, but I don't subject everyone else to her as you would have noticed there are many who think she's a bit too flash. I have noticed that the parfum is, in the splash bottle, beautifully soft and even in the spray tester of the same concentration it lacks the fake fingernail assault and instead shoots me straight through to what coco mademoiselle really is- and now is where I lose the capacity to be articulate- yummy girl-woman wafty goodness.
Love the stuff and I will probably buy a bigger size when I run out, which I'm pretty sure to do soon.
(And Im still gonna get me some Bois des Iles pure parfum if I'm ever in Paris)

9 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite perfume i got it as a gift. It smells really nice. I always get compliments when i wear it.love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by AdelaideScars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my favourites!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Chance Eu Tendre is my top chanel fav, this is close in 2nd. Can be kind of overly mature and musky at times, but if used lightly it's great and long lasting. Reminds of a tulip garden mixed with musky, rosey, spivey notes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Chanel does fruitchouli.

And yes, Chanel does it well. Coco M is smooth and classy, with a praline topnote (I think this is what supposedly makes it "young and exciting"), some high-quality jasmine and laundry-white-musk accord in the middle, and an elegant patchouli base that wafts off the skin in a loamy and intriguing way.

At the same time, I can't shake the feeling that I've smelled this same "formula" in about a million ways since Mugler's Angel opened the door to this type of fragrance 20+ years ago. Celebrity fragrances, Bath & Body Works, Lauders and Lancomes... And really, very few of them have come close to Angel in their sophistication and complexity. What always seems to happen-- and it happens to Coco M-- is that the fruit is just a bit too saccharine and syrupy, the patchouli a bit too sanitized... and it all begins to smell like one great Mall of America air freshener.

I'm not going to knock anyone for loving Coco M. It smells great. Just, for me, too sweet and safe. I'll stick with Angel.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Vsnelly10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Honestly I never make reviews about products.. I had seen such amazing reviews for this perfume and being so stupid I just took their word for it and order this online. One of the stupidest things I've ever done. I understand we all have different taste in smells but to me this smells like an older lady. My sister told me I smelled like a grandma........lol I'm now using the flowerbomb that one is so sweet and girly. Way better than this

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I knew this was a favourite on MUA so when I saw the tester bottle at the beauty boutique at Shoppers I just spritzed some of the EDT on my wrist and went about my shopping, and driving to different stores, running errands. I kept thinking, what is that god awful dryer sheet, bathroom deodorant, old fart smell invading my nostrils everywhere I go? I felt lightheaded and nauseated. It wasn't until I got home that I realized it was coming from me! From my wrist. With Chanel Mademoiselle on it. And nothing else. I'm sure for the right chemistry it would be amazing. But I'm about to get sick. I'm going to wash it off right now but decided to swing by MUA on my way to the bathroom. I'm no hater but this is the worst scent I've ever had on in my life.
UPDATE: I've washed my entire arms 4 times with different soaps, and it's still there as strong as ever - it keeps wafting into my nose and ruining my mood and making me sick. In sheer desperation I even tried soaking my arm in mouthwash! Then I cleaned them with rubbing alcohol - that seemed to make it worse. Whaa?? I can't get my favourite scents to last more than 30 minutes on me, and this one is clinging like a cheap dress! I now TOTALLY understand what people who have sensitivities to scents feel like - make it stop!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by arlenel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

luv it