April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by timetoski

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is the same color as the very popular CHARCOAL BROWN that was discontinued in the Eye Shading Pencil? That was the best color ever and this looks similar.

Thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by luftballon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Let me start by saying that I NEVER wear liner on my lower waterline or lash line--makes my eyes look smaller instead of opening them up. I figured using a soft, neutral taupey brown color would be better instead of a harsh black. I wanted a liner similar to MAC's Taupe liner, which lasts about 2 seconds on me. After some humming and hawing over trying to find the perfect taupe brown, I picked this up because the color was beautiful and the built-in smudger looked handy.

This is an automatic pencil, but be careful about twisting up the pencil... it won't twist back down. D: Then the tip of it broke off, and it pained me to throw that piece away. I took a lippie off for the shoddy packaging, I was pissed. This looks super natural on my lower lashline, and I line about half of the way then use the smudger to sheer it out slightly. Instead of making my eyes look smaller, it subtly widens them, and doesn't emphasize my dark circles. The texture is creamy but still solid, giving you time to smudge before it sets. Lasts all day too! The color is a flattering, neutral brown/grey, and lately I love using with on my upper lid too, after tightlining with black. Brings out my brown eyes, but I would imagine this would look gorgeous with ANY eye color, especially green and blue!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok i have to say this is my first eyeliner from clinique, or from any other high end cosmetics. i was in need of a new eyeliner and i wanted something great. I was sick of black and sick of the ugly browns on the drugstore shelves so i took the advice of all you ladies and purchased this liner. Well all i can say is, the staying power is amazing, i showered and it was still there, the consistency is creamy enough, no pulling or tugging. The color is very different, its nice but im but i wont say wow. Its not intense like black or boring like brown. But i like it. When i run out i will try a different color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The perfect everyday liner for me. Glides on with a tip that always stays small and sharp (not literally) for a thin or wider line, a foam smudger on the other end of the pencil, and best of all, a shade of brown that I've looked for unsuccessfully for years- brown that is not chocolate, or reddish. It's just the BEST color, softer than black, warmer than grey, can give you a smoky eye that's not hard or harsh. Just beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by desden

One of my favourite eyeliners. The colour is just perfect and it lasts on me all day. I like to tightline with it and then use it all round my eyes and smudge with the sponge on the end. It gives a really nice look. The colour (on me) looks like a slightly darker version of Guerlain's Powder Kohl in Oriental Metal. I think this is probably a HG product for me and I have repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by LindseyZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this liner, even though I prefer pencils to the twist-up packaging. That's the only thing keeping me from giving this 5 lippies and it's purely a matter of personal preference. Smoky Brown is blendable when I first apply it and then doesn't budge for the rest of the day. This shade of gray/brown subtly accentuates my brown eyes and pale skin; I haven't found an exact dupe anywhere. I will repurchase, unless I ever find a pencil version of this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by bitternessinmymouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner gives a nice, warm look if you think black is too harsh. It's also very easy to control and I can do it on the car, but sometimes the color won't go on. As for packaging, it fits very conveniently in my bag, but I'm not totally in love with the twist-out part - it gets stuck sometimes. I got it as a gift, so I don't know the price, but as Clinique goes, the products aren't exactly cheap. Overall, this is a wonderful product if you want a natural, everyday look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Merrydothe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eyeliner is a proven HG for me! I've probably re-purchased it around 6 times! I'm the kind of person who's not really an expert at drawing a super straight line along my lashes. I always end up with a sloppy, slightly jagged line and thanks to Smokey Brown, no one sees! This color is in between dark and light in such a way that mistakes in the line don't show as much as a very dark brown or black liner. Plus the smudger on the other end evens out even my crappiest lines. I will repurchase this for as a long as Clinique makes it! Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2009 8:35:00 AM More reviews by yemyesilkurbaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I'm in love with this product!
It has a perfect colour to begin with. A grayish brown, doesn't have orange/red undertones like most of the brown liners on the market that makes you look like you've been crying. I have green/hazel eyes but I'm pretty sure it'll fit every eyecolour.
It's super soft. That's not the liner for you if clear-cut, thin lines on your eyes are what you're looking for. As the name says, it's better for smoky eyes. Applying to the lower eyelids is difficult as it doesn't easily give it's colour but when it does it stays on without any flaws for hours.
Lastly I have allergic and very sensetive eyes and I use contacts, this product didn't cause any problems. I think that's the eyeliner for me till infinity!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by sschroed

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this eyeliner!!!! It is a beautiful, greyish-taupe color that looks amazing with my blue eyes. There is nothing else on the market like this shade - most brown eyeliners are too reddish or orangeish for my cool-toned skin. This is a perfect fit!!!! Once it sets, it DOES NOT budge on me, and lasts all day. I love the fact that it is an automatic liner - no need for sharpeners! Highly recommend!!!!!