Clinique Quickliner for eyes- smoky brown

4.3

the ingredients in the eyeliner include: cyclomethicone, synthetic beeswax, disteardimonium hectorite, arachidyl behenate, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristalina), bht, [ /- (may contain) iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), aluminium powder (ci 77000), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), carmine (ci 75470), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288)] [iln23130]

on 2/14/2011 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Looked great on my eyes (I have brown eyes). I used a smudging brush I bought from Sephora, because I found the smudger on this one wiped all the eyeliner off when I tried to use it. However, it has a nice creamy texture when first applied, and smudges to perfection. It has decent staying power and fades by about half over the course of the day. However, it does smudge a little under my waterline. If given the choice, I would buy this again. However, it makes my eyes look good, and I feel like this was worth the money. Overall, I liked this eyeliner more than others I have tried, but didn't love it.

**UPDATE**
This eyeliner proved more and more obstinate to drawing a decent line over time, it applied unevenly, and it began transfering onto my upper lids during the day. Maybe it was a change in my skincare routine, but my skin is fine and I'm not willing to change it again just so I can use this eyeliner. At this point, it just really irritates me.

on 11/6/2010 3:35:00 PM

I've used this shade for many years. I'm very cool-toned and VERY fair-skinned, with light eyes, and I tend to feel like most shades of eyeliner look overpoweringly dark on me. However, this soft shade of brown flatters my eyes without making me look inadvertently goth-like. I don't wear eyeliner every day (although I probably should), but when I do wear it, it's almost always this one.

I really liked this eye pencil at first. The color is just right for my blue eyes and fair coloring, enough to make my eyes pop but not overpowering.

What makes me not want to purchase again is that you have to apply quite a bit of product for a strong enough color payoff, and if you make the mistake of over-swiveling the barrel to see how much product is left, you may end up like me, unable to get the product back in the container. I had to toss a product I had only used a handful of times. That really ticked me off.

on 8/12/2010 8:43:00 AM

Hi, can anyone tell me if this is the same color as the very popular CHARCOAL BROWN that was discontinued in the Eye Shading Pencil? That was the best color ever and this looks similar.

Thanks!

on 8/6/2010 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Let me start by saying that I NEVER wear liner on my lower waterline or lash line--makes my eyes look smaller instead of opening them up. I figured using a soft, neutral taupey brown color would be better instead of a harsh black. I wanted a liner similar to MAC's Taupe liner, which lasts about 2 seconds on me. After some humming and hawing over trying to find the perfect taupe brown, I picked this up because the color was beautiful and the built-in smudger looked handy.

This is an automatic pencil, but be careful about twisting up the pencil... it won't twist back down. D: Then the tip of it broke off, and it pained me to throw that piece away. I took a lippie off for the shoddy packaging, I was pissed. This looks super natural on my lower lashline, and I line about half of the way then use the smudger to sheer it out slightly. Instead of making my eyes look smaller, it subtly widens them, and doesn't emphasize my dark circles. The texture is creamy but still solid, giving you time to smudge before it sets. Lasts all day too! The color is a flattering, neutral brown/grey, and lately I love using with on my upper lid too, after tightlining with black. Brings out my brown eyes, but I would imagine this would look gorgeous with ANY eye color, especially green and blue!

on 7/21/2010 10:29:00 PM

Ok i have to say this is my first eyeliner from clinique, or from any other high end cosmetics. i was in need of a new eyeliner and i wanted something great. I was sick of black and sick of the ugly browns on the drugstore shelves so i took the advice of all you ladies and purchased this liner. Well all i can say is, the staying power is amazing, i showered and it was still there, the consistency is creamy enough, no pulling or tugging. The color is very different, its nice but im but i wont say wow. Its not intense like black or boring like brown. But i like it. When i run out i will try a different color.

on 6/26/2010 11:34:00 AM

The perfect everyday liner for me. Glides on with a tip that always stays small and sharp (not literally) for a thin or wider line, a foam smudger on the other end of the pencil, and best of all, a shade of brown that I've looked for unsuccessfully for years- brown that is not chocolate, or reddish. It's just the BEST color, softer than black, warmer than grey, can give you a smoky eye that's not hard or harsh. Just beautiful.

on 6/4/2010 5:22:00 PM

One of my favourite eyeliners. The colour is just perfect and it lasts on me all day. I like to tightline with it and then use it all round my eyes and smudge with the sponge on the end. It gives a really nice look. The colour (on me) looks like a slightly darker version of Guerlain's Powder Kohl in Oriental Metal. I think this is probably a HG product for me and I have repurchased.

on 3/27/2010 9:56:00 AM

I love this liner, even though I prefer pencils to the twist-up packaging. That's the only thing keeping me from giving this 5 lippies and it's purely a matter of personal preference. Smoky Brown is blendable when I first apply it and then doesn't budge for the rest of the day. This shade of gray/brown subtly accentuates my brown eyes and pale skin; I haven't found an exact dupe anywhere. I will repurchase, unless I ever find a pencil version of this color.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This eyeliner gives a nice, warm look if you think black is too harsh. It's also very easy to control and I can do it on the car, but sometimes the color won't go on. As for packaging, it fits very conveniently in my bag, but I'm not totally in love with the twist-out part - it gets stuck sometimes. I got it as a gift, so I don't know the price, but as Clinique goes, the products aren't exactly cheap. Overall, this is a wonderful product if you want a natural, everyday look.