August 28, 2014 | 1503 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Little Black Dress

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A soft, creamy floral with oriental warmth and a hint of apricot blossom. It came out in 2001 and is still selling strong. I'd describe it as an everyday modern classic - soft, elegant, no harsh notes. Its very long-lasting (8 hours on me) but people have described it as soft and nice, a good one to wear in the background without overpowering. Men seem to like this one. The thing about this perfume is it is this so wearable and long lasting its a good one for everyday. Other perfumes might be more exciting, but then again, your fantastic new "love-em" scent is often other peoples cloying "hate-em" irritation! A simply elegant, reliable finishing touch to complete your grooming.

Some people say that Little Black dress is like "Vera Wang", or Sarah Jessica Parker's "Covet". I haven't tried those, but think its like Elizabeth Taylor's "Forever Elizabeth", but more fruity and less cloying.

Top notes - ginger, coriander, cyclamen, jasmine, apricot blossom + some say honeysuckle
Middle notes - pink peony, gardenia, ylang-ylang, some say jasmine
Base notes - musk, japanese plum, sandalwood and tonka beans.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:18:00 AM More reviews by alice_alice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I got my bottle a month ago and was absolutely amazed to discover that this fragrance NOW lasts about 20 min before it completely vanishes. I say NOW because i had this fragrance a few years ago and back then it lasted and lasted and lasted, maybe 6 to 8 hours. The smell itself is nice, flowery, sweet, slightly spicy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Subtle and sophisticated is how I would describe this fragrance. Although the price is dirt cheap compared to high-end perfumes, I feel very "expensive" when I wear this! It really doesn't feel like I'm wearing an "Avon" fragrance. Also I've gotten a number of compliments on it. Would definitely buy this again, it's really timeless.

EDIT: I'm not sure what's changed, but I'm not as enamoured of this fragrance as I previously was! I find that after a while it makes me feel a bit ill...probably won't repurchase now. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2006 10:36:00 PM More reviews by cma1979

I like it. Did it smell like Caress body wash to anyone else...that is the first thing I thought and I do like that scent so I would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 5:32:00 AM More reviews by JavaBeaner

Little Black Dress = SEXY. It's very sultry and sophisticated.

I agree with bojana in that I can wear this everyday and never tire of it. It just sings to me. I can't believe only 50% of reviewers would buy again.
Men seem to really love this one.

One of my favorite fragrances of all time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2005 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Zeljana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking forward to this one, but I must say I'm a little disappointed. This is NOT a bad a fragrance, not at all. it's subtle and classy, a hint of gentle floral and beautiful vanilla, but everything perfectly balanced. If you want to play safe this is perfect.
However, I can hardly feel it on my skin, it must be the body chemistry thing. It's there, long lasting, but I wouldn't notice it if I didn't know I sprayed it on my wrist. I'm an oriental fan so this is nothing strange.
I'd recommend this for other people to try on their skin before buying, but it's a wonderful fragrance indeed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 10:14:00 PM More reviews by auras

Nothing special about this scent. A bit of vanilla (too much for my taste) a bit of floral (not enough :-) I got it as a gift, I wouldn't purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by bojana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a lot of parfumes and this one is my favorite one! I usually wear one parfume for few days or week and I get borred, but that is not the case with LBD! I can wear it for months and love it every day more and more. It has very nice unique sexy smell, not strong and offencive like some reviewers said here. The best Avon parfume ever!!! It won award for the best parfume in 2002 in the World. Just buy it and smell it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by AlphaChick1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Maybe I associate all things black with goth, but this was very dark and sexy to me. Ultimately I didn't buy it because it was just too sharp. Points for the sensuality, demerits for scorching my nose hairs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2005 1:22:00 AM More reviews by missamerica32

A shame this is discontinued, I sure loved it! A great evening scent. I have a bottle of this listed for swap. My ex-husband LOVED for me to wear this scent, & I just can't bring myself to use it anymore. It reminds me of what a jerk he is. It's a shame, because this was one of my FAVORITES! See, he ruins EVERYTHING! ha ha! ;o)