October 1, 2014 | 1714 users online

Skincare - Face - Dickinson's Witch Hazel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by MLNx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was about 14, and was just starting to get that horrible acne and didn't know how to control it.. and I'm still using it! My skin has gone through havoc from different medications, weather changes, different climates etc.. from extremely oily, to dry, to combination you name it! This is honestly the only toner I come back to again and again and doesn't mess with my skin. I've used Dermalogica, Clean and Clear, Formula 10.0.6, Garnier, Neutrogena and they all seemed to dry out and irritate my skin even more than all the madness that was going on at the time! Okay, so I will admit the smell is HORRIBLE and everyone in my house knows when I've used it because of the scent, but hey.. If it cleans your face then who cares? It keeps my skin at a normal balance.. doesn't dry it out or make it more oily which I love! Another great thing about this is the fact that it can be used for other things other than the face, like shaving rash/cuts etc. I use this in the mornings before I apply my moisturizer, to prep for makeup and before bed, before applying my moisturizer! I don't know what else there is to say really.. It's just a basic toner and necessity in my skincare routine and does what I want it to do!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I read a lot of good things about healing acne and facial issues with witch hazel but it only made mine worse... I used it as a toner and I developed large cysts under y skin. I still gave it a high rating though because it works great to clean cuts and scrapes on other parts of the body

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by aliciamay310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is such an amazing toner for oily skin. It definitely diminished my breakouts and kept my face less oily for longer. The only down is the smell, but this stuff works, so I deal with it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Lucieofthevalley

This is for the original yellow formula: I have replaced all other astringents with this witch hazel, and my skin loves it! It helps keep my skin clear, and reduces oil production. I also use it to tend to ingrown bikini line hairs, reduce itchiness from bug bites, and the occasional back breakout. Great product overall!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ovanel

This product is so amazing at such an affordable price. I was looking for a simple, gentle, and effective toner and this toner fit the bill. My skin is acne-prone and sensitive. I usually have trouble implementing new products into my skincare routine because my skin goes haywire and starts developing closed comedones and whiteheads all over. I had no problem with this toner, it got rid of any makeup and face wash residue that was left over on my skin and balanced it out. My skin has improved since using this toner and I have less redness on my cheeks since it's so calming and I also have not been getting much whiteheads. Love this stuff.

The only downside is the smell was a bit strong the first few times I used it but I got used to it and don't smell anything anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by dbdb70

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think witch hazel is a good mult-use product, but in terms of acne skin care which is what I'm mainly reviewing it for it just doesn't work for me. I've tried this brand and others, some that are alcohol free and they really don't help my skin. I also try to just use it to spot clean where I've broken out and it does nothing. I so wish it helped my acne prone skin because it is so cheap and a simple product. I'm sure for some it likely works well. The upside is if you buy it to try, it's not expensive and if it doesn't work on your face you can use it for other areas of the body. Not to be graphic here, but my rectal skin gets very irritated and witch hazel works well to calm that. And, if you look at any hemmoroid product, such as Tucks you'll see witch hazel is a key ingredient. You can also use it to clean makeup brushes. I use it to freshen my finger and toe nails since I don't use nail polish. However, it's not a product I would make sure I always have.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by thekayesade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

simply wonderful with no problems went from oily to combination in 1 year.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! Not only is it just overall super good for your skin, but it compliments every skin type and it definitely cures any acne or imperfections. My skin definitely feels more plump and hydrated after using this, unlike a lot of the alcohol based toners I have tried in the past. This is a bit pricey in comparison to some other cheaper alternatives but it definitely performs better then anything I have ever used before. This is forever a staple in my skin care routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by vs0000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use it right after shower to remove shower water residue. Before using it all that Prozac, Adderall and god knows what else in water were making my skin look pretty bad. Great improvement since I started using it some 3 years ago. Some of the below commenters complain about packaging. Put some in small spray bottle. And no cotton balls. They're not user friendly at all and of not good quality these days, just like everything else. 6 sprays on Shiseido facial cotton are enough for face, neck, chest, back of the neck and ears.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by itiselizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I tried the oil cleansing method (OCM), which broke my skin out horribly so I stopped using it. It left me with zits and whiteheads literally everywhere on my face. My grandma recommended this to me, and after I used it, the texture of my skin improved so much!! My family even noticed. The whiteheads were gone and my pimples were already healing and looked much less red and irritated. Best of all, this didn't dry my skin out but it actually felt more hydrated! I love love love this and will definitely recommend to friends. :)