Dickinson's Witch Hazel

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Witch Hazel (100% All Natural) (Containing Alcohol 14%) (Astringent)

on 10/22/2014 5:01:00 PM

This stuff is great for controlling oil. I use this in the summertime when my combination skin goes oily. I can't use it in the winter as it dries my face out a bit. If you go to the first aid section of the drug store, you can usually find the plain blue labeled bottle that is a couple dollars cheaper then the bottle with the yellow label in the skin care section.It's the exact same thing, only cheaper! My only complaint is that it smells funky.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I read the reviews on here and I have oily skin. At first using this twice a day worked wonders for my oil, but now it does very little if nothting. I will repurchase because it is cheap and I like the ingredients, but I will still be on the look out for something that controls my shine more than this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't have bad skin nor is it acne prone. But it can get oily and I've noticed that despite a lack of breakouts, my skin has been looking duller as I've been heading into my mid 20s. I look sickly or tired without piling on foundation and concealer. I've never been committed to any type of skin care routine but I saw this in Walgreen's for under 6 bucks and I decided to give it a shot.

The directions say to use it twice a day, at morning and at night, before you do your usual skin care routine. I've been using it twice a day and it hasn't even been a month and I've noticed a major difference. My skin is glowing when I wake up in the morning. My complexion is even and clear. I can get away with just wearing some BB and even only moisturizer. I wore just moisturizer with the witch hazel underneath one day and I got so many compliments about how nice my skin looked! I don't look sickly or that tired when I wake up anymore, it's great!

I definition recommend it, although it does smell funky you get used to it!

on 10/4/2014 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was searching for a new toner that wouldnít be too harsh and dry out my skin like other toners (Neutrogena Iím talking to you) after doing some research I came across witch hazel. I purchased it and tried it out at night after washing my face and behold the most horrible scent, but donít worry it doesnít linger and eventually you will get used to it. It removed my left over makeup and left my skin feeling clean and soft not dry at all. Also, according to my husband it helped lessen my acne scars. I donít only use it on my face I use it in other areas on irritated skin or rashes and it always gets rid of it. This has been great on my skin I love it and I have repurchased many times.

on 9/14/2014 4:06:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!

I was in the skin care aisle at Walmart three nights ago, looking for something that could make my pores a bit less obvious. I was specifically looking at toners, and I saw this one, and it said which hazel. I had no idea what which hazel was, but I had heard of it, so I picked it up. It was pretty cheap , so I bought it. Now, just a little background on my skin, it's super dry, sensitive, and extremely acne prone. Pretty much any new product I try will break me out and irritate my skin, or dry me out. So at this point, I'm done with anything that claims to help with acne, so I wasn't even thinking of my acne. I bought this for my pores.

Well, I got home, and rubbed this stuff all over my face. When I woke up in the morning, the entire right side of my face was clear and smooth! And on the left, I had only one pimple left! After I put this on at night, I had decided to try my new foundation (also from Walmart) and then I accidentally fell asleep with it on. So in the morning I was expecting to be all broken out and gross. But no! Even after falling asleep in makeup, it really helped! I am beyond excited. It's only been three days of using this, and it's already helped tremendously. Even the nasty blackheads on my nose are almost completely gone!

Not only has it helped with my acne, it hasn't dried my skin out at all. Like not at all. And my skin is already dry. It's refreshing and makes my skin feel firm, but not overly tight and stretched out like it feels when my skin is really dry.

About the smell though, I really hated it at first. To me, it smelled like yogurt with honey. I absolutely abhor yogurt, so that wasn't pleasant for me. However, once it dries, you can't smell it anymore. Also, after only a few days of using this product, I've actually gotten used to the smell and don't really mind it anymore.

I absolutely love this product, and I will definitely be recommending it to my friends and family.

on 9/10/2014 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Wow witch hazel really irritates my skin. It breaks out like crazy every time I have used this, It also increases my oil a lot.

It smells horrible but it does it's job. I buy it over and over. Witch hazel is a miracle for oily skin (:

on 8/19/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Amazing for oilies!! Best toner ever. Go buy!! I use it morning and night and sometimes during the day. It's so refreshing, controls my oily face. Like seriuolsly, the best.

on 8/12/2014 4:34:00 PM

I seen so many reviews on this product so I decided to buy it. First off the smell is horrible..and secondly it didn't make my skin seem any different. I prefer just using pure alcohol.

on 8/12/2014 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This works on my oily acne breakout prone skin. Even though the ingredients list states 14% alcohol in it, it doesn't irritate my skin in anyway. After using it, I feel refreshed and clean. I like to use this after my cleanser as a toner to remove any residue that may have been left behind after the cleanser. But before my moisturizer. I feel like my skin absorbs my moisturizer better after using the witch hazel.

At first you may think the smell of the witch hazel is a little off putting if you're new to this product. All witch hazel has this smell and it's perfectly normal. After using it for awhile I actually don't notice the smell anymore. I've gone through 4 big 16oz bottles of this stuff already. Recently I have started mixing this with a few drops of tea tree oil and it has made this toner even better.

Give it a try, mix it with your favorite essential oils. The possibilities are endless. Also the price is right for experimenting. It's super cheap at around $4 for a huge 16oz bottle.

Popular Face Skincare Products