Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream

4.4

Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Beeswax, Candelilla Wax, Hydrogenated Soy Glyceride, Fragrance, Carnauba Wax, Stearic Acid, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Menthol, Red 17.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I love this product! It works wonders for my son's eczema. If I put it on him at night, he feels 95% better my morning. Also use it on my cuticles and heels. It is really greasy and isn't absorbed 100% into skin, but that's fine with me. Oh..,I also use it on severely chapped lips. When applied at night, heals by morning.

on 5/21/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really nervous to try this stuff on my skin considering I am pretty acne-prone (and have combination skin.. how fun..) but i was basically out of options. I have tried expensive acne medications and emollient moisturizers for my cheeks with little to no results. The chapped skin around my cheeks was really bothering me so I began using Vaseline. While I love Vaseline for its other uses, it feels to greasy on my face and gets everywhere on my pillow. Fast forward to being introduced to this stuff. It is pink, smells good, and has a less-greasy consistency when compared to Vaseline. I wash my face, apply witch hazel, and rub a tiny bit of this on my face while it is still wet and sleep with it on. Just make sure to exfoliate with a scrub or clarisonic in the morning! Not only are my cheeks patch-free, my breakouts are few and far between. This is not some miraculous I-just-tried-this-once miracle, I have used an entire tube of this stuff over the past year and just repurchased. I do NOT know how it works, but it does. Give it a try.

on 3/20/2013 9:23:00 PM

I have eczem so I need heavy duty moisturizers when I have flare ups. This works great! I put it on at night and wake up with the eczema gone. HOWEVER...the smell is awful. It has this way too floral grandma scent. I would have given it 5 lipsticks but the smell...

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Seriously, I do not normally like Mary Kay products but I LOVE this product. I have acne-prone skin, but I literally only use this on my lips and eyes. My eye circles are gone, and my lips are full and moisturized. It's far better than chapstick, because I don't have to constantly apply it. The smell is a litte strange, but if you get past that, it's the best intensely moisturizing skin product I have ever used.

on 4/19/2012 6:42:00 PM

I absolutely love this product, although I'm not a huge fan of MK. I received it in a swap as an extra item and God bless the person who decided to give it to me :) It's consistenct appears to be vaseline like, but it is not oily and my skin absorbs it very well. I love how my skin feels after the application; it is smooth, super soft and velvety. I apply it to my hands and to my legs as well. Does not have an aggressive smell which is a huge plus to me. Amazing product I would recommend it to everybody, even if you do not have dry skin it can be used for elbows, heels, knees you name it. Will buy again and again and again.

on 4/4/2012 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I'm not a fan of MK so I was given a jar of this cream. (I understand that it now comes in a tube.) I have oily acne skin so I would not DARE use this on my face. However, I found it to be an outstanding bed-time hand cream and I use it religiously. It makes my hands feel soft and emollient (not greasy) At first it appears and feels a lot like vaseline but honestly it is stiffer than pure petroleum jelly and it seems to absorb better too. A little goes a very long way. It does as others have said, smell like "old lady" It reminds me of my great-grandma's bedroom. Anyway, while I do really enjoy this cream, when my jar is done (which will take forever) I will not buy more because I don't need a "consultant" to buy a hand cream.

on 1/9/2012 1:38:00 AM

I am 51 years old, and I realize you cannot fight time or gravity. I have used this product twice and the next morning my face appears firmer, more pumped up and the fine lines around my eyes and mouth are less pronounced.
The smell does not really bother me as it is not that strong and fades rather quickly.
I have heard of women in the days of yore using nothing but vaseline on their faces and their skin was exceptional. The key is moisturizing and using moisturizers in the right formula.

also on another note,, those that like clean smelling fragrances, should try Mary Kay's "Simply Cotton". It smells fresh as the name implies and has a great staying power, at least with me. My hubby loves the smell!

on 9/13/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received a sample of this as a swap extra and am SO grateful! It is amazing for my extremely dry face. A little goes a long way. The consistency is like a dry-oil version of Vaseline, if that makes any sense. It sinks in very quickly and leaves only a barely moist feel on the skin.
This is the only product I've found in 10 years that actually makes my skin feel comfy.
I took off one lippy for the heinous fragrance. Eau de Old Lady, srsly.

on 7/3/2011 3:22:00 AM

Well, i reaaaaaaaally like this product. Leaves not only my face, but my whole body all smooth.
The only thing i don't like is the freaking scent lol I don't know why.

on 6/27/2011 2:51:00 AM

This stuff is the ONLY Mary Kay product that I can honestly say I would buy again and again. My mom used to buy this stuff when we were kids she'd use it on our lips after we had a fever and we had those super chapped and cracked lips. Within two days, my lips would be healed. At $13 a tube though...it's a bit pricey. If you can get it during a sale, that's the way to go. Aside from my lips, I've never really used it anywhere else, but I'm sure it works wonders. Overall, it's a good buy...I just wish there was a cheaper alternative or similar product that could mimic Mary Kay's results. Oh well...until then though, I'll continue buying this product.

Popular Face Skincare Products