April 16, 2014 | 939 users online

Skincare - Face - Mary Kay - Extra Emollient Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tamtamtam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 51 years old, and I realize you cannot fight time or gravity. I have used this product twice and the next morning my face appears firmer, more pumped up and the fine lines around my eyes and mouth are less pronounced.
The smell does not really bother me as it is not that strong and fades rather quickly.
I have heard of women in the days of yore using nothing but vaseline on their faces and their skin was exceptional. The key is moisturizing and using moisturizers in the right formula.

also on another note,, those that like clean smelling fragrances, should try Mary Kay's "Simply Cotton". It smells fresh as the name implies and has a great staying power, at least with me. My hubby loves the smell!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by GreenWoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this as a swap extra and am SO grateful! It is amazing for my extremely dry face. A little goes a long way. The consistency is like a dry-oil version of Vaseline, if that makes any sense. It sinks in very quickly and leaves only a barely moist feel on the skin.
This is the only product I've found in 10 years that actually makes my skin feel comfy.
I took off one lippy for the heinous fragrance. Eau de Old Lady, srsly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Lola0

Well, i reaaaaaaaally like this product. Leaves not only my face, but my whole body all smooth.
The only thing i don't like is the freaking scent lol I don't know why.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lifeismusic

This stuff is the ONLY Mary Kay product that I can honestly say I would buy again and again. My mom used to buy this stuff when we were kids she'd use it on our lips after we had a fever and we had those super chapped and cracked lips. Within two days, my lips would be healed. At $13 a tube though...it's a bit pricey. If you can get it during a sale, that's the way to go. Aside from my lips, I've never really used it anywhere else, but I'm sure it works wonders. Overall, it's a good buy...I just wish there was a cheaper alternative or similar product that could mimic Mary Kay's results. Oh well...until then though, I'll continue buying this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 11:51:00 AM More reviews by sillylily0204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I was in desperate need of a really good cream for my super dry skin. Last year, I started getting this extremely flaky skin on my face. It got so dry, the flakes started forming patches. And then the patches started turning red after a few weeks. Ugh. I tried so many products (lancome, estee lauder, chanel, shiseido, olay, vaseline, baby oil, olive oil, face masks including boscia, nuskin, etc) to try to make them go away but the horrible dry skin persisted. I was about to near give up and head to the dermatologist, til one day I came upon this in my unused stash. I gave it a try and my skin became increasingly smoother and less patchy! It has been about 2 months since I started using it and now my face looks baby smooth again. LOVE. I use it at night always but mostly on my dryest areas, then night cream all over, and eye cream and lip balm. I was a stickler about using a face mask twice a wk as directed, but I haven't used it for 3 weeks and haven't noticed any decrease in smoothness either. I just ordered 6 travel size tubes on ebay for $8 - what a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Hancocsp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this night cream! I have never been able to find anything that gets rid of my dry, flakey skin patches on my face...this does the job! Of course it is super greasy, that's why you use it at night. Really helps my dryness..and my skin is super sensitive and it has never irritated my face, I have used this for a few years. LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by selyn3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't complain about the price because I bought 6 tubes of this stuff on Ebay for under the price of 1 tube.

I LOVE THIS STUFF! Nightly, I exfolliate my lips to get the dry skin off and then put this stuff on before I go to bed and my lips are super soft in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

I use this mainly to keep my lips moisturized and it works very well. Once in a while I may put some on my heels. I've never used this on my face or hands because it seems to sticky. The smell doesn't bother me because it goes away after a couple of minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by catwhiskers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Where do I begin....chapped lips, rough feet, elbow, hands, chafed noses, unidentified rashes, diaper rash, heck the stuff would probably cure malaria if doctors would just give it a try. My mother has sworn by this for years and I totally agree. It fixes almost everything. I've given it in baby shower gifts with a note to the mother that this is great stuff to use on her and her baby.
My favorite thing is to use it at night as an under eye cream. IT IS NOT JUST GLORIFIED VASELINE. It also contains vaious other emollients. I have found the price reasonable. I think the last time I bought a tube it was around $14; that may have changed, since it has been a while since I have had to buy any....it last forever
My only complaint is that this used to come in a jar (which I know can be contaminated by your hands) but it was much easier to get out every last bit. Now sometimes I have been known to cut the tube open and scrape out the last bit like some crazed junkie

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by hisbabydoll

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually found this at a garage sale for 50 cents or so...lol and I had never heard of it before but I thought I would give it a try since I wanted to try it for a specific purpose. I use it when I get dry patches of skin on my face...such as from a pimple or something. I will use it during the day if I am not going anywhere, and then if I do I get ready I have to use something else because it's so greasy, but it helps to moisturize my dry patches before I put makeup on so that they aren't emphasized. I don't use it all over my face, I use Curel Sensitive skin for that, but I use it when the need comes up. It has lasted a long time and it's almost empty, but I would buy another one at full price if I felt I needed to, but def. If I found it on sale!!