July 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This and Aphogee have truly brought my hair back to a normal state after coloring/bleaching. I would say that Aphogee is the mac daddy, and this is it's little sister. This is just plain easier to use- sure your hair gets hard, but it's not as bad as Aphogee- it's not as much as an ordeal to use, yet you still get amazing results.
I have recently purchased a bonnet style hair dryer- I found mine at Goodwill for five bucks! I know Sally's sells them, too- or even Ebay. This is really a must when using protein treatments. A regular hand held hair dryer does not compare. It's a huge difference in the results you get! It's also great just to use with a deep conditioner between colorings when your hair just feels "blah". Plus a bonnet dryer allows you to leave the heat on much longer- the more heat the better, as it allows deeper penetration into the hair shaft.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this strengthener twice. I managed snag this for just $5 at a discount store. I know this stuff is usually pretty expensive. Anyway I read the directions and washed my hair and applied this to my hair and left it on for about 10 minutes then rinsed. I was very pleasantly surprised with the results. My hair actually felt stronger after just one use. My shedding and breakage was greatly reduced. I usually have a ton of hair in my brush after detangling my hair, but after using this there was hardly any hair left in my brush.This also gave my hair a high gloss shine! I wish I could find this again at the price I previously paid. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by cindyyuk

A LIFESAVER! If it didn't work for you, you probably didn't use it correctly. I bought mine off of amazon for 12 dollars and one of the reviews there was a lifesaver. Basically what she said was that after shampooing, I used a 2 in one shampoo because my hair is long, dry and easily knotting. I towel dried my hair and combed through it and put in the reconstructor. Left it in for about 45 minutes to an hour, then washed it out throughly, then put in a deep conditioner, and left that in for an hour. Then washed it out then shampoo and conditioned my hair. I could see a difference in how much of hair falls out and how healthy my hair is just after one treatment.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 10:47:00 AM More reviews by inmybikini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a read through quite a few of the comments and I'll say this about emergence.. If you've not had results with the product so far, you might need to be more patient & consistent with your applications or you may not be using it correctly in the 1st place. When used right, this is a fantastic product!! And it's the only thing I've seen restore hair so over processed & damaged by bleach it turned to jelly when wet yuk!
I used to work in a salon 14 yrs ago and during my time in the salon it work on all different hair types in serious need of rescue! I have been using it myself on and off since being introduced to it.
When I had my hair regularly lighten each 2-3 weeks or after having my hair extensions out this was a massive help.
This, the product is a reconstructor so it work's on internally strengthening the hair shaft. If you are looking for shiny silky hair then you would need to consider using an appropriate treatment/conditioner in your hair once you've rinse the emergence out. If you have really damaged hair don't leave it in for ages 20-30mins wrapped in plastic wrap under heat is enough. This is not a treatment you leave in overnight and you don't blow-dry the product into your hair this is a no-no. Use the treatment regularly weekly or fortnightly (depending on damage) and follow up with a moisture conditioner/leave in conditioner after your rinse. You can carry out protein treatments in between but if your hair is severely damaged too much protein can cause brittlness which is why this stuff is so great it bonds necessary amino acids into the hair.
I haven't tried the new stuff mentioned on here but it should be a honey type consistency. It is one of your more expensive products, the last bottle I of emergence I bought was salon size I paid appx AUD$140 but I've never tried anything else like it! I'm big on hair treatments as I've always had long hair. . So for those who haven't had results try this.. First it's always best to use a clarify shampoo prior so that it lifts off any product building and most effectively raises the hair's cuticles so that it can absorb as much product as possible. Then before you pop the treatment on your towel dried hair, rub the product between your hands to activate it (you can see the polymers start to work) and then in sections work it into your hair ends to mid-lengths. Wrap, heat and rinse after 15-30min MAX after a good rinse some may need to shampoo (this is fine too) apply a moisturising conditioner. I have a good collection of treatments Kerestase, Sheisado, La Biosthetique but this is my go to when my hair needs serious TLC. Good Luck!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by ceex2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because it really helped me A LOT years ago, when I bleached my hair into a cotton-ball texture and color. It is really expensive but I recently bought it again because I burned my black hair to death trying to curl it with a flat iron. First of all, it STINKS! I don't remember if it always smelled that bad. I remember it smelling kind of plastic-y but now it smells like garbage. The texture is a lot thinner than I remembered. It used to be so thick that it would pour out really slowly but my new bottle was runny. I used to buy it at a salon but now I bought it at a drugstore. Maybe that's why the formula seems different? I used it exactly as the directions indicated. Anyways, I don't think it's made much of a difference. I think I'll try coconut oil instead of this REALLY expensive little bottle of yuckiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jenwa01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

My hair before Emergencee: Fine, thin, oily mass of breakage and split ends.

My hair after Emergencee: People at work were asking what my secret was.

I was unemployed for almost a whole year and could not afford the salon color I'd been enjoying for the last several years. I reverted to DIY color and at one point even bleached my medium brown hair platinum blonde. Needless to say, my fine, thin hair became a sad little vulnerable mess of breakage and split ends. My hair routine - which includes tons of heat via drying with a round brush and hot rollers, accelerated the disaster.

I tried a handful of deep conditioning treatments with no success. Finally I googled split ends and came across reviews on both Amazon and MUA for Emergencee. Many people wrote about hair requiring a balance of protein and moisture, and specified that if more moisture wasn't working, it's a good idea to try protein instead.

I couldn't find it locally (Minneapolis metro) and had to order via Amazon.

I was extremely nervous about using this stuff because my hair was already such a disaster. I did NOT follow the advice of many people here who suggested leaving it on far beyond the product directions. With the exception of the conditioning step, I followed the instructions to the letter.

I shampooed, rinsed, towel dried my hair. Applied Emergencee for only 1 minute the first time (as I said, I was nervous about it). Felt anxious as my hair hardened and kept reminding myself not to panic, this is what the reviewers said to expect.

I rinsed, shampooed again. I towel dried my hair again and applied Wella Brilliance conditioning treatment, put on a shower cap and chilled out for about an hour. Rinsed again and POW. Amazing. Truly amazing. I have never had remarkable hair. For the first time in my life I was getting compliments on it.

I started out with the one minute application. The second week and every application thereafter I did it for 2 minutes. I opted to never exceed 2 minutes because it was working at that timing so why mess with it? In fact I'd recommend going the full 2 minutes even on your first use.

I used it once a week for four weeks, then backed off to once every other week for a month, then once a month.

LOVE this stuff. Exercise caution if you value your color (whether it's salon or DIY). My protein treatment - even at a mere 2 minutes - stripped the dark brown lowlights I had after a single application and I was right back to the bleached dirty blonde that was underneath.

I still have my hair colored and highlighted, but I limit the protein treatment to a pre-salon visit routine. (So about once every 8 weeks or so.)

Also, as one other reviewer mentioned, this stuff acts like some kind of super glue sealant on the bottlecap. I can't even squirt it out anymore; I have to unscrew the cap to get to it. It doesn't bother me, just an FYI.

** One last thing I'd add: I read a TON of reviews on this product before I committed to even trying it. Something I saw again and again from other people is overdoing protein treatments is just as bad for your hair as not having enough. I suggest following the product instructions and finishing the protein treatment with a deep conditioning treatment.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nobrechick02

I don't think I've ever written a review on a hair product before, except for the Kerastase Elixir. But I was so happy with this product that I decided to write a review.

I bought the Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor as a temporary fix until I could afford to buy Kerastase Bain de Force products, which are supposed to make your hair softer and stronger. My hair had been though a lot, including color stripping, brazilian keratin treatment (which contains formaldehyde), daily heat from blowdrier and straightening iron, and it was completely fried. The ends were completely dry and brittle, and I had lots of split ends. I was using the Kerastase Fibre Architecte but didn't notice a lot of improvement (which disappointed me becase I love most of Kerastase products). My ends still looked horrible and dry after I finished styling my hair using that product. No shampoo or conditioner I bought at the pharmacy was making my hair soft or doing anything for my hair. One day while I was washing my hair, I noticed my hair was falling more than the usual, there was literally clumps of hair coming off as I rinsed it. My hair used to be very full and became very thin. That's when I decided to look for a product to stop the breakage and hopefully stop my hair from falling so much. I found the Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructorproduct on Amazon and after reading the reviews I decided to give it a try since it was only 12 bucks. I then read some reviews that using in conjuction with the Nexxus moisturing shampoo and deep conditioner helped even more. So I went to Walmart and bought the small sizes of the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, in case I didn't like them I dind't want to waste a lot of money. And I also got the Nexxus Humectrees deep conditioner.

So my product arrived and I went to use it. Let me start by saying that I first used the Nexxus moisturizing shampoo, and I instantly felt the difference from other shampoos. This shampoo actually made my hair soft and I could tell it wasn't as harsh as other shampoos. I loved the way it smelled too. I then put on the Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor and left it on my hair for about 15 minutes. It felt weird on my hair but I didn't mind as I had read on other reviews that it was going to feel that way. I then rinsed it and used the Nexxus Humectrees deep conditioner and left it on my hair for about 20 minutes and rinsed it again. I instantly felt my hair to be much softer, and easier to comb through. The ends actually felt nice and smooth, and my hair was much shinnier. My husband commented on how good my hair smelled as well.

Since that day (which was about 5 days ago) I have washed my hair twice with the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, and used the Nexxus Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor and Nexxus Humectress deep conditioner once more today. Let me just say my hair feels AMAZING! I no longer have the dry brittle ends after I style my hair. I feels like I got a hair cut, and I love touching my hair because it is so soft. No product has ever made my hair feel like this, except for the Kerastase Elixir. I will definitely keep using the Nexxus products and will buy the full size bottles, and I'm in love with it. They are comparable with the Kerastase Nutritive Bain Satin products, which I have used before but are much more expensive. So I will use the Nexxus more often in between the Kerastase products when I get them, since they are pricier.

I definitely recommend this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by clarissaax2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've colored my hair for years from red, to black, to blonde, to black, and recently I went to get my hair bleached back to blonde & now my hair is just fried completely. I bought this product after reading the reviews which looked pretty good so I had high expectations. Yesterday I used the product twice in one day and I'm not satisfied. First time, I applied it for a while (at least an hour and a half) I had my hair in a shower cap and blow dryed over it until it was hard. I deep conditioned after and rinsed and I couldn't see a difference in my hair. So then later that day I applied emergencee again (without heat) & left it on over night. I woke up this morning and it wasn't dry all the way but I rinsed it out and deep conditioned it. I still don't see a difference in my hair but I'm gonna use the rest of the bottle in hope that my luck will change but as of right now, I'm pretty disappointed :/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by kellyleighzzz

I have very fine straight hair, but a lot of it. I try not to use heat products because my hair is very brittle and breaks off easily. I have tried all kinds of restorative products and this product is the only one that I have purchased over and over again. It is really incredible...

TIP: the directions say to coat hair, wait 3-5 minutes and then rinse with warm water. However, if you want a really deep protein treatment, apply liberal amounts of the product and then apply heat to your hair via dryer until it is rock hard. Then, rinse out and use a good moisturizing conditioner. The results are INCREDIBLE!

Like I said, I have tried numerous products and this one not only reduces the shedding and breaking but gives my hair a squeaky clean feel while still making it softer and more manageable. It provides body and controls the oil (an added bonus) plus makes it shine like glass. I'll keep buying this product forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nyx12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had various chemical treatments done to my hair, which include multiple dye jobs--lighter and darker and rejuvenol keratin treatment, so my hair is in serious need of a good restorative/protective treatment so I tried this product. It left my hair feeling really soft and smooth. I've used it both before and after chemical treatments to protect my hair and I believe that it has probably saved my hair. It is a bit pricey but it's definitely worth trying.